Forums

Topic: Wonderful 101 - How Nintendo will force me to buy it !

Posts 21 to 40 of 53

NintendoLink

Like the art style and looks like another quality game for the nintendo system, but the genre is just not for me i think. But who knows, maybe i get tempted 1 day to try pikmin and 101 out.

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

DELETE_ACCOUNT

@NintendoLink I reccomend you try Pikmin 3. It's my first kick at the bucket and for me it's by far the best title on the Wii U for that Nintendo charm and the graphics are jaw dropping at times.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

Cyberbotv2

Sony_70 wrote:

Technically both of these games (Pikmin 3/W101) wouldn't have a hard time being done on any other system and both games even give alternate control schemes (though the best way to play is using the gamepad). Even from a technically level both aren't really doing anything that impressive and will most likely hold up more due to art style than anything. (but again that says more to the strength of the art direction than anything.)

This is a strange comment. Essentially why buy a game on any system since a PC could run them anyway? I think this game is built for the gamepad, and I don't know if another system could replicate that neccessarily.

Cyberbotv2

DudeSean

I've never played any of Platinum Games' games and this one doesn't seem to interest me, either. I know I'll get kicked in the head for saying so, but it just seems so much like it's made for 10-15 year olds. It just really doesn't interest me. I will be getting Pikmin 3, though, which will be my first Pikmin game ever. The only reason I would get the game is to support the Wii U, but I know if I did buy it I would most likely just play it once and then it would sit on my shelf forever. I'll try the demo later...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DELETE_ACCOUNT

@Dude Sean I agree that this is made for a younger audience, but that audience will be impressed and if us old geezers feel like the some.... it's an awesome game IMO. When the day comes that it's in the bargain bin or god forbid there's another game drought, I'd consider picking this up. Kamiya might be an annoying personality, but this game shows why he can get away with it. The game exudes game play.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

Kewlan

@DudeSean Haha, I think Pikmin 3 is aimed at a younger audience than Wonderful 101.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

DudeSean wrote:

but it just seems so much like it's made for 10-15 year olds.

You should really check out the Japanese trailer of the game. NA cut out all of the sexual content in the trailer.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

DePapier

19Robb92 wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

You should really check out the Japanese trailer of the game. NA cut out all of the sexual content in the trailer.

Now that you mentioned it, I saw both trailers and you're absolutely right!!

P.S.: I hope that doesn't mean they'll cut out content in the West...

Edited on by DePapier

Shambo

rallydefault wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Technically both of these games (Pikmin 3/W101) wouldn't have a hard time being done on any other system and both games even give alternate control schemes (though the best way to play is using the gamepad). Even from a technically level both aren't really doing anything that impressive and will most likely hold up more due to art style than anything. (but again that says more to the strength of the art direction than anything.)

@Sony_70

I totally support your opinion for Pikmin 3 - I don't think the game loses a whole lot if you don't use the gamepad. But for Wonderful101? Wouldn't want to be without a dedicated tablet for that one.

I wouldn't want Pikmin 3 without both the gamepad for multitasking and Wiimote/nunchuck for accurate controls. W101 made the Gamepad look unnecessary... Until I entered that building with the code lock. Amazing.

For Ninja Gaiden and Tekken I prefer the Pro Controller, for local 'split screen' I prefer 2 screens (like Sonic racing) and I love 5 player local, with different roles for different players.

And a fun game that looks good is even better.

Wii U does it ALL. THAT's the Wii U difference. And on top of that: it plays my Wii games, Virtual Console, it CAN link with 3ds (Gamecube-GBA link brought some very interesting features to some games)...

Edited on by Shambo

Shambo

3DS Friend Code: 0473-7756-7818 | Nintendo Network ID: Shambo

19Robb92

DePapier wrote:

Someone asked that exact question on twitter, and it's confirmed to only be for trailer purposes. The game itself will remain uncut.

-KwB-

Young audience ? Where do you see the young audience ? It seems perfectly good "adult" game to me, it is gameplay you should worry about

-KwB-
3DS FC: 5284-1639-7776
Currently - MARIO TENNIS ULTRA SMASH
Wii U: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kirby and Rainbow Paintbrush, Yoshi's Wooly World, Smash Bros Wii U, Deus EX, Metroid Fusion
3DS: Smash Bros 3DS

Nintendo Network ID: KeWeBu

19Robb92

-KwB- wrote:

it is gameplay you should worry about

If that's the case, then there's nothing to worry about

banacheck

DePapier wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Now that you mentioned it, I saw both trailers and you're absolutely right!!

I total agree both games are advertised at yonger people, in the NA ads, but advertised differently in the japan ads.

banacheck

DudeSean

@Kewlan Why would you say that Pikmin seems to be aiming for a younger audience? To me, Pikmin seems aimed at gamers of all ages. The Wonderful 101 seems a lot like Power Rangers to me, which was a kids' show.
@19Robb92 So adding sexual innuendos makes it for adults? It could still easily be targeting the 10-15 year range I mentioned. As if PG-13 movies don't have sexual innuendos...
As for the gameplay, I tried the demo and it seems alright, but I still don't think it's my kind of game. I'm still getting that saturday morning cartoon vibe from it.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Relias

DudeSean wrote:

@Kewlan Why would you say that Pikmin seems to be aiming for a younger audience? To me, Pikmin seems aimed at gamers of all ages. The Wonderful 101 seems a lot like Power Rangers to me, which was a kids' show.
@19Robb92 So adding sexual innuendos makes it for adults? It could still easily be targeting the 10-15 year range I mentioned. As if PG-13 movies don't have sexual innuendos...
As for the gameplay, I tried the demo and it seems alright, but I still don't think it's my kind of game. I'm still getting that saturday morning cartoon vibe from it.

You know there comes a time in every gamers life.. when they have to look at the console they purchased and wonder if they made the right choice... I think that time has come for you Dude.. cause frankly most Nintendo games.. and exclusives there of.. will give you that Saturday Morning Cartoon Vibe.. I mean really.. a lot.. from Punch Out.. all the way to Mario.. and even Sonic.. all give me that.. (Probably because I fondly remember a lot of cartoons based on them.. except maybe Punch Out.. less you include King Hippo in Captain N.. ) But then that is the reason I like Nintendo sometimes.. is it takes me back to my youth and reminds me that not everything has to be realistic.. bloody and gory.. and shooting.. or racing.. and yet it can still be fun.. and appeal to adults.. (Even with cartoon like graphics... it's all ages material) The most important thing is gameplay.. as a adult I have learned that.. when I was about 15.. I would have stayed away from Nintendo with all my might.. trying to prove I was a mature gamer.. and that Nintendo's cartoony stuff is just the suck.. now as a perfectly mature gamer.. I can say.. you know what.. forget it.. gameplay makes the game not the way it looks.. or splashy graphics.. of course it is possible that your one of the few gamers.. that do not like cartoons.. or Anime.. as thus the graphics turn you off.. but I have very seldom seen that being the case.. at which well hey.. whatever floats your boat..

That being said.. I am sort of looking at this game.. but not as hyped as I should be.. is there a Demo in the US coming?? I might try it.. it does look good and interesting.. I am just not sure if I would be into Pikmen.. and a Pikmen with Superheroes.. (While I like me some heroes) is not changing my opinion any.. )So I would have to try the Demo first.. that being said.. Did anybody know it's coming out September 15th?? it's like the biggest secret eva...

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

TOMBOY25

demo is out now in eu,japan and usa

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

Banker-Style

Couldn't care less about the game when it was first was revealed,the early this year I watched a trailer and was impressed.Then heard nothing about the game,and intrest was lost,then I watch the Nintendo Direct yesterday.Now I'm quite hyped for it.

At first,I wasn't keen on the demo,found it hard,then I replayed it today,and I really enjoyed it,really want now.Just hope the game ain't short.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

19Robb92

DudeSean wrote:

Of course not. I'm saying it's there. Don't judge the book by it's cover.

Relias

TOMBOY25 wrote:

demo is out now in eu,japan and usa

Really.. was not there last night... runs to turn on Wii U and start loading...Oooo... I hope it surprises me.. and blows my tails off..

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.