Forums

Topic: Why is the Wii U's library so lauded?

Posts 281 to 300 of 308

Haru17

kyuubikid213 wrote:

...Wind Waker HD...

By that logic PS4 has The Last of Us, so, good luck with that juxtaposition...

Last year was full of "disappointments" on the PS4 and One. Games that were hyped to the moon and offered...well, a good experience, but not one that was as great as the hype made it out to be. On top of that, there were a fair amount of bugged games and the whole AC Unity is only 24 fps debacle...and the Wii U didn't have any of that.

Watch Dogs m8.

And since when does having some bad games worsen the system? Just don't buy the bad games; it's that simple, internet.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

And since when does having some bad games worsen the system? Just don't buy the bad games; it's that simple, internet.

True and I see that accusation constantly at the Wii, but I'd say (in general and not just on this subject) there is a difference as unlike the Wii with it's huge number of shovelware titles they weren't top billed AAA games people were looking forward to playing.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

HollywoodHogan

Haru17 wrote:

The thing about books is, the experience of reading them is practically identical whether you're looking at them or blind, reading brail. Hence they're not a visual medium. Anyway, you get my point.

I agree. Everyone has the exact same imagination, so when we read a sentence like 'The giant castle loomed in front of them', every single reader visualizes the exact same castle. That's why movies are better, because when the director shows us his version of the castle, each person in the theater sees something completely different and unique.

Really makes me wish guys like Plato and Dickens had access to movie cameras. They could have probably told some good stories.

Friend to all SJW's

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

True and I see that accusation constantly at the Wii, but I'd say (in general and not just on this subject) there is a difference as unlike the Wii with it's huge number of shovelware titles they weren't top billed AAA games people were looking forward to playing.

That's because Ubisoft just didn't publish that many Wii titles =P

unrandomsam

Having Ubisoft on the Wii U did make the system worse.

(The rate they discounted stuff basically destroyed any chance for any other 3rd parties to make any money - Half super discounted (And Advertised) Ubisoft / Well known Nintendo games / And a single 3rd party game at full price they don't stand a chance).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Haru17

unrandomsam wrote:

(The rate they discounted stuff basically destroyed any chance for any other 3rd parties to make any money - Half super discounted (And Advertised) Ubisoft / Well known Nintendo games / And a single 3rd party game at full price they don't stand a chance).

Well, that might adversely affect sales, but the simple release of a 'bad' game on a system does not worsen it for any individual consumer. It just means they have the additional option to buy a 'bad' game.

UGXwolf

Haru17 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Well, that might adversely affect sales, but the simple release of a 'bad' game on a system does not worsen it for any individual consumer. It just means they have the additional option to buy a 'bad' game.

Not necessarily agreeing with your logic, but from that perspective, a console is only as good as its best few games. Making it a question of Smash, Mario Kart, 3D World or Tropical Freeze, and Bayonetta 2 vs. Destiny, Bloodborne, and inFamous Second Son vs. Destiny, Titanfall, Forza 5, and Killer Instinct.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

kkslider5552000

HollywoodHogan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

hahahahahahahahaha no

Zombi U wasn't 60fps

I can forgive that, because ZombiU is one of the only 3rd party Wii U games that actually tried to do things unique to the Wii U. The fact that I found it to be super meh is besides the point, as it clearly has its niche fans. And Rayman Legends alone would make me forgive a lot about Ubisoft, that game was phenomenal.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

unrandomsam

HollywoodHogan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

hahahahahahahahaha no

Zombi U wasn't 60fps

Ubisoft did one worthwhile game Rayman Legends. (And messed around delaying it.) - A few simple changes could have made it much better though (i.e Actually force doing the bosses properly (Like the Origins ones are even) and use something else instead of the 8 bit levels).

Zombi U didn't even manage to hold 30fps. Boring and broken together.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

kyuubikid213

Haru17 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

...Wind Waker HD...

By that logic PS4 has The Last of Us, so, good luck with that juxtaposition...

Last year was full of "disappointments" on the PS4 and One. Games that were hyped to the moon and offered...well, a good experience, but not one that was as great as the hype made it out to be. On top of that, there were a fair amount of bugged games and the whole AC Unity is only 24 fps debacle...and the Wii U didn't have any of that.

Watch Dogs m8.

I never said it worsened the system, but it does tarnish the library a bit (even if it's only a little bit). You brought up the Wii, which did have great games (Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, etc...), but people think poorly of the library because of all the shovelware it had. Of course, @arronishere already touched on that, so on to the next point...

And, I'm not sure what you heard, but Watch_Dogs was received with a "meh" overall until the DLC came out for it. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but it didn't live up to the impossible standards the hype set for it.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Haru17

kyuubikid213 wrote:

...but people think poorly of the library because of all the shovelware it had.

And that is illogical. Moving on...

OptometristLime

Haru17 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

People are illogical m8

Moving on...

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Eel

what was this thread about anyway?

I'm kinda surprised it has survived this long

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

OptometristLime wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Dumb people are illogical m8

Moving on...

Fixed'd.

Anyway, let's not be like those people.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

Emotions are useful in a civilized society. Being completely logical all the time is for when the machines take over.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

InterwebUser

Nintendo Land is one of the best games on the Wii U and the most deserving of some good DLC, in my opinion. It's incredibly underrated. I can't think of many games on any system that are as fun and accessible to play with friends.

InterwebUser

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Emotions are useful in a civilized society. Being completely logical all the time is for when the machines take over.

I disagree. There is a logical moral approach to things. Emotions only cause people to make decisions that aren't in society's best interest.

In any case, none of this justifies whining about a system because it has a game you (the general 'you') don't like on it, like some entitled fool.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I disagree. There is a logical moral approach to things. Emotions only cause people to make decisions that aren't in society's best interest.

In any case, none of this justifies whining about a system because it has a game you (the general 'you') don't like on it, like some entitled fool.

Even if logic is involved that wouldn't be the case, logically why would it be best to act in someone else's best interests rather than your own?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.