Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 996

Blue_Blur

@robbiemactavish: I agree with Spoony_Tech. Personally, I enjoyed Rayman Legends a lot more than 3D World. I haven't played ZombiU, but at that price I would take a chance and try it out.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Shinion

@robbiemactavish: I'd get the two for cheaper rather than the one SM3DW. As much as I love the latter, it's only truly worth the asking price if you really like Mario platformers, and especially if you have the ability to make use of the multiplayer. I haven't played Rayman Legends, but I've seen enough of it to know it is great, though it seems to be a similar case to 3D World, good in singleplayer at its best with friends. ZombiU is a very underrated survival horror, quite unique not just because it's not Resident Evil 6 style of 'survival horror' but also because it uses the gamepad as well as a cool permadeath system. Is well worth that price if you like single player survival horror games, albeit I wouldn't call it amazing in any way.

Shinion

rk3388

Okay thanks everyone!
I think I will end up getting the two over the one - I like having physical copies anyway!

rk3388

SuperJoon

What are peoples opinions on Devils Third? Interested in getting it.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

gcunit

@SuperJoon: I've got it but barely played it yet.

I would definitely say it's a little unrefined in its control scheme, but I'm definitely going to be playing more of it. Sorry I can't say more for now.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

VelvetElvis

I second @SuperJoon's question. Specifically, I'd love to know how active (or inactive) the U.S. online community is before I drop $60. If it's already dead, that's no good.

VelvetElvis

gcunit

@VelvetElvis: Well, YMMV, but I only paid a third of what you're considering. Unless you really want in on the online action I would suggest it's not a $60 game in most people's books.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

VelvetElvis

Thanks, @gcunit. I wish paying less was an option — stateside, I can either pay $60 for digital or turn to eBay and pay close to $100 for one of the extremely limited-run physical discs.

I like over-the-top, stupidly cheesy action games, so I'd hope that Devil's Third would scratch a No More Heroes or MadWorld type of itch. But at that price, I'm thinking I'll wait it out.

VelvetElvis

Chaoslink1

Guys, should I buy the 3 splatoon amiibo or should I buy all the smash bros dlc characters and stages?

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

jariw

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Guys, should I buy the 3 splatoon amiibo or should I buy all the smash bros dlc characters and stages?

Easily, the Smash Bros stuff! That will get you much much more gaming value.

Buy the Splatoon amiibo only if you like the look of the figurines. For Splatoon gaming value, it's better to invest in a LAN Adapter than any amiibo.

jariw

jump

jariw wrote:

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Easily, the Smash Bros stuff! That will get you much much more gaming value.

Buy the Splatoon amiibo only if you like the look of the figurines. For Splatoon gaming value, it's better to invest in a LAN Adapter than any amiibo.

I 2nd this! Smash's extra fighters and stages is way better than the few extras the Splatoon amiibos offer.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tyranexx

Is Assassin's Creed III for Wii U a decent game? I played half of the first game on my cousin's 360 a few years ago when his family was on vacation (I took care of their pets and looked after their house while they were gone) and really enjoyed it. I'm also a history fan and love historical fiction.

Basically, is this a good port of the game, or is it glitchy, laggy, and/or problem-ridden? Also (if one has time), can someone give me a brief rundown of Desmond's story from the back half of the first AC up until AC3?

Any comments are appreciated!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Spoony_Tech

@Tops: Dang you for making me choose!

Ok so if you're playing solo I'd say go for TF if you want more of a challenge. If 2 players are an option Yoshi's is more 2 player friendly but it does make the game easier.

So more of a challenge go with TF. Single player for Yoshi's isn't that hard with the exception of the S stages.

If I had to choose one today knowing what I do I'd pick........ TF but both need to be played.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

polarbear

Tropical Freeze is harder but better. Imo.

polarbear

jump

For me TF just edges over WW but both are great.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RobNYC1977

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is the best racing game hands down on the WIi U. I have it for PS3 as well, but I prefer it on the WiiU.

Mario Kart DS on the big screen is also nice.

RobNYC1977

Chaoslink1

Should I get a physical copy of Shovel Knight for Wii U for 30 bucks or both Wii U and 3DS versions digitally for the same price?

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Tops: @Chaoslink1: I do think the 3ds version looks really good and the 3d looks nice. However if you don't use the 3d I don't see any reason to get the 3ds version. Street pass just isn't worth it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic