Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 996

Chaoslink1

@polarbear: Yeah I was thinking about getting the Wii U version with the amiibo

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

rk3388

OK so i just bought a 20$ Eshop card and was PLANNING on getting Bayonetta, Ryu and super mario maker stage DLC on smash bros… can anyone think of any better characters OR any other shop games that would be more worthwhile than this DLC?

rk3388

jump

robbiemactavish wrote:

OK so i just bought a 20$ Eshop card and was PLANNING on getting Bayonetta, Ryu and super mario maker stage DLC on smash bros… can anyone think of any better characters OR any other shop games that would be more worthwhile than this DLC?

It depends on if Smash is you're favourite game then go for it but if you only likr it so-so or just got it then there's plenty of other games for you to try, you could also save up for the character and stage bundle which will be cheaper in the long run Top my eshop list is the likes of Steamworld Dig, Fast Racing Neo, Shovel Knight, Zen Pinball etc

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rk3388

@arronishere:
Well, I only really play with friends, and haven't played too much of it. But I think the major reason for that is because I had the 3DS version already and played through it so I was already familiar with all the characters... I'm thinking adding two characters and a stage would add freshness to the game ahha

On the otherhand, shovel knight and steamworld dig are two games I haven't purchased yet but am interested in...

rk3388

rk3388

@Barbiegurl777: I would avoid ultra smash at all costs. There just isn't enough content to warrant a 60$ + purchase. Even though MP10 got mediocre reviews, I believe there should be enjoyment to get out of the game if you enjoyed past entries

rk3388

jariw

@Barbiegurl777: Be aware that you need Wii remotes to play MP10. MP10 is a quite ok MP game. The amiibo mode is not that fun, so don't bother getting any amiibos.

Ultra Smash is apparently extremely low on content, and I have not heard anyone saying anything else about that game. Haven't played it myself though.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

gcunit

@RobNYC1977: I disagree about Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. Admittedly, I've only played some of it, but it doesn't scream at me to play it more like MK8 does.

The environments in SASRT are more impressive, in terms of scale and what's going on, but the actual gameplay I find much more basic than MK8. In MK8 you're constantly managing items, performing drift and jump boosts, and it just feels nicer to drive the vehicles.

tl;dr - SASRT looks great, but the racing is underwhelming, IMO.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

RobNYC1977

@gcunit:

Fair enough analysis

It IS more colorful though. MK8 looks washed out to me for some reason. I LOVE MK8 though.

RobNYC1977

SCRAPPER392

Make sure to get Giana Sisters if you can't have it on Xbox One or PS4. Duck Tales is good for 2 playthroughs, IMO. Child of Light is a 2 playthrough, I'd say, etc. Just look for sales of previously released games, pretty much.

I'm mostly playing Smash Bros. and MH4U on 3DS. I just can't bring myself to boot up Xbox.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Shinion

Bargain alert! Twilight Princess HD (sans amiibo) has been slashed down already to just under £28 for the next 12 hours only on The Game Collection, a site a wholeheartedly recommend. I also can say that this is a bargain price for anyone who hasn't played this game already, whilst for people who've already played it who are on the fence about upgrading rest assured that what the naysayers were saying was wrong and there have been more than enough improvements made to make the Wii U version the definitive version, £28 is a great price regardless of your experience with Twilight Princess IMO.

Shinion

mobilegamehacker

That's a steal for Twilight Princess hD! Such a great game.

mobilegamehacker

mav-i-am

Nintendo selects coming in a few weeks (15 April)

Mario Bros U, Wind Waker, Lego city, Donkey Kong, Party U.

£20 each

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Super_Effective

Who likes Bayonetta 2?

Check out It's Super Effective! On YouTube! Where we launch cool video game fact episodes every Thursday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTABYD5a5I

TRON

@Super_Effective: it's a great game! One of the best on Wii U IMHO.

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Luna_110

@Super_Effective
It is one of the best games in the Wii U! Brilliant graphics, great gameplay and over the top action. If you've played other games like DMC you'll get used quickly to the controls. If not, give it time - you need a bit of practice to pull off the flashy moves

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Henmii

Darksiders 2: 3D Zelda meets Prince of Persia. Dungeons, puzzles, awesome stuff. Good looking too.

Henmii

MESRecords

Super_Effective wrote:

Who likes Bayonetta 2?

It's a nearly perfect game. It's sad to see that this is what would've been possible on the Wii U if more developers had made games for it.

Music Entertainment System
https://www.facebook.com/musicentertainmentsystem/

KingMike

I will probably regret next year I didn't wait for an NX, but I got a Wii U.

I know that Wii was really lacking in third-party, but this generation I haven't seen much I really care about in home consoles, so even if I end up getting the Nintendo stuff I think I might be fine.

Well, I got a console with Mario Kart 8 and some DLC installed. Does DLC transfer if I get a disc copy later?
I've also ordered Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad.
I bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions and previously bought Twilight Princess HD and Rodea the Sky Soldier (for the Wii version bundle).

I'm thinking about New Super Mario U. I see there's a version with the Super Luigi U DLC included? I might get that.

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic