Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 996

Spoony_Tech

@Chaoslink1: Not too hard actually. I would go with the 2 Mario and Luigi games as they will last you close to 100 hours and impo Superstar Saga was the best gba game and still is my favorite of the series. Isaac is a good game but it can wait.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@Chaoslink1 I'd agree with Spoony. Superstar Saga's great, and Partners in Time had some neat ideas. BoI can wait for another day.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

rk3388

Hey everyone! I finally jumped on the Wii U bandwagon and got it for christmas in the mario kart 8 bundle! I've enjoyed Mario Kart so far, but want more diversity in my gaming so I'm going to pick up one or 2 more games tomorrow! I kind of thought of a pecking order of which games i want to buy in which order when I have the money and was wondering if there are any games I should buy ASAP or any games I should wait to buy. Any advice would be appreciated! Here is my current list:
1.LOZ Wind Waker HD (One of two zelda titles I haven't played yet)
2.Super Smash Bros (My only concern is I played hundreds of hours of Brawl and was wondering if this was THAT different)
3.Pikmin 3
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. DK Country Tropical Freeze
6. Splatoon
7. Super Mario 3D World
8. Bayonetta 2
9. NintendoLand
10. New Super Mario Bros U
…Any suggestions of games I should get sooner or if Super smash bros is too similar to brawl to warrant a purchase?

rk3388

Spoony_Tech

@robbiemactavish: Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game of all time. Well worth your #1 slot. I've got everyone on that list except for Bayonetta 2 and that's one great list to start with. While I'm not really much of a Smash fan it's certainly quite popular. I don't see anything wrong with that list but you much want to move Splatoon up a bit. It's quite fun and addicting online shooter. Also you may want to look into Hyrule Warrior's as it feels like a whole new Zelda experience but still has enough to satisfy any Zelda fans needs. I dismissed it at first but it's quite fun.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the other Zelda game you've yet to play?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

polarbear

@robbiemactavish: All great games in your list. Splatoon is lots of fun, imo the best game on the Wii U. I also love DK but you should know that it can be very difficult and will test your patience. Perhaps Mario Maker is a better choice than Mario U?

polarbear

jariw

@robbiemactavish: Personally, I would replace NSMBU with something else, such as Yoshi's Woolly World. YWW is a very creative platformer that gets pretty challenging (if you play it without any aid) after the first worlds. All the 7 S levels are masterpieces. Or replace NSMBU with Mario Maker.

If you're concerned Smash U is too similar to Brawl, swap the positions of Splatoon and Smash U. Splatoon is obviously much more unique and absolutely very addicting once you've understand its depths, although it requires a good internet connection (=good up speed and no lost packets). Now is a good time to start playing Splatoon, since there are billions of new Splatoon players in Inkopolis these last few days.

AFAIK, the only games on the list where you can get occasional good price deals are Bayonetta 2 and NintendoLand.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

rk3388

@Spoony_Tech The only other Zelda game I haven't finished to completion is Spirit Tracks (I've never got around to playing it :/ )! Also I haven't played Tri Force heroes or whatever that 3DS title is but I'm not counting it as one

rk3388

rk3388

Thanks everyone! That helped! I'm going today and now I think I'm going to get Splatoon over Smash Bros, just for something fresh and new!
Also with mario maker not being on my list, I prefer games with some sort of progress indicator, whether it's an adventure game or unlockables. I'm not sure if MM has anything like that?

rk3388

Spoony_Tech

robbiemactavish wrote:

@Spoony_Tech The only other Zelda game I haven't finished to completion is Spirit Tracks (I've never got around to playing it :/ )! Also I haven't played Tri Force heroes or whatever that 3DS title is but I'm not counting it as one

Nor am I lol. It doesn't interest me in the least. I like my single player experiences.

MERG said:

rk3388

I ended up getting the two I planned on getting because Smash Bros was on a minor sale so was 15 bucks cheaper than Splatoon :S My next two games are probably for sure Pikmin 3 and Splatoon though!

rk3388

Jase1981

Hey guys n gals. just wondering if I could get some feedback on my WIIU collection of games? I would like to know what I could be missing out on. The only thing is I didnt buy any games from the VC that I actually owned for the original system it was available on. My nintendo systems owned have been the NES SNES and N64 (so I never did any of Nintendo's portables or gamecube or the wii)
Ok I will try to break these down into groups

Wiiu Disc:
Hyrule Warriors(Bought before I decided on ALL digital)
Super Smash Bros. 4 WiiU(Bought before I decided on ALL digital)
Super Mario 3D World(came with system)
Nintendo Land(came with system)

Wiiu Digital:
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Mario Party 10
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Captain Toad:Treaser Tracker
Splatoon
Disney Infinity 1.0
Fatal Frame:Maiden of Black Water(I just have the F2P startup but may get the full game)
Yoshi's Wooly World
Super Mario Maker
Mario Tennis:Ultra Smash

wii disc:
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Mad World
Mario Strikers Charged
No More Heroes 2
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid:Other M

Wii Digital:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Punch-Out!!
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Trauma Team

EShop:
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Mighty Switch Force! 2
AVGN:Adventures
Kung Fu Rabbit
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Gunman Clive HD Collection
Shovel Knight
Dr. Luigi

VC:
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi's Island Super Mario Advance 3
Mario & Luigi:Superstar Saga
F-Zero
Super Mario Bros.3
The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
Metroid Fusion
Mighty Final Fight
DK:King of Swing
PAC-MAN
Kid Icarus
Star Fox Command

Misc:
amiibo tap

Games in my ESHOP watch list:
Pushmo World
Alphadia Genesis
New Super Mario Bros. U
Runbow
Sin & Punishment 2
Freedom Planet

Jase1981

jariw

@Jase1981: The most obvious game missing from your list is Pikmin 3. Then there's other games like Wind Waker: HD (since you didn't have the Gamecube), Lego City: Undercover, Xenoblade X and Wonderful 101. And depending on what other systems you have, there are a couple of 3rd party titles (such as Rayman Legends) worth getting.

And the eShop list regarding good indies is really large, but it's also depending on what other systems (such as Steam) you have. FAST Racing NEO and Affordable Space Adventures are both a must IMO. And Steamworld Dig. Lots of great stuff from Curve Digital (Stealth Inc. 2, OlliOlli, etc). And so on...

jariw

Jase1981

jariw wrote:

@Jase1981: The most obvious game missing from your list is Pikmin 3. Then there's other games like Wind Waker: HD (since you didn't have the Gamecube), Lego City: Undercover, Xenoblade X and Wonderful 101. And depending on what other systems you have, there are a couple of 3rd party titles (such as Rayman Legends) worth getting.

Hey! Thanks for the reply, I posted this late last night so I left out some info. I do have some experience on a gamecube as 2 of my cousins both had one so I got to try Pikmin on there and couldn't really get into it. Also played Wind Waker but I figure now that its so late Ill wait out and get Zelda U and the Twilight Princess Remake since I never played it on Wii. I hear usually nothing but good on Lego City, but I got burnt out on Lego games and I am more of an Infinity guy (I may get the new Avengers Lego though
Xenoblade yeah I was hoping the US Eshop would get the VCWii one for 20 bucks I would get it
101 I tried the demo and I don't know
forgot to mention I also have an xbox 360 and also this week I will get a One

And the eShop list regarding good indies is really large, but it's also depending on what other systems (such as Steam) you have. FAST Racing NEO and Affordable Space Adventures are both a must IMO. And Steamworld Dig. Lots of great stuff from Curve Digital (Stealth Inc. 2, OlliOlli, etc). And so on...

Yeah I only game on my consoles so no pc gaming here
and I may have to check FAST Racing out
don't think it has a demo? I had just been to busy getting my gold tires on MK8 I guess I figured did I need ANOTHER racer?
Thanks for the reply

Edited on by Jase1981

Jase1981

Grumblevolcano

@Jase1981: I also agree with a bunch of suggestions @jariw made but have a few other ideas coming from a different angle. For games you already own, how much have you gone into DLC for those games? Here's a list of key DLC to consider, contents are in brackets:

• Mario Kart 8 Bundle (Pack 1 + Pack 2 + 8 Yoshis and 8 Shy Guys, latter 2 are free bonuses).
  • Hyrule Warriors Hero of Hyrule Pack (Master Quest Pack, Twilight Princess Pack, Majora's Mask Pack, Boss Pack and Dark Link costume). If you want absolutely everything there's also costume sets for Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Ganondorf.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, if you have the 3DS version and want the content on both systems then buy bundles featuring both consoles. May want to wait until Corrin and Bayonetta are released during February in case there's bundles containing everything or all fighters or all fighters and stages, etc.

If you decide you want Pikmin 3, there's bonus DLC stages.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jase1981

@Grumblevolcano: Hello, yes DLC is always a great purchase. I come from xbox so DLC is always vital to me to extend the game.
I have all the MK8 DLC
I have all the HW DLC except that Ganon costume pack
I have all the Smash DLC cant wait for Bayonetta

Jase1981

rk3388

@Tops: I just purchased it online for 15 bucks --> I heard it was really good so I would take the chance

rk3388

rk3388

Oh also my current game collection is:
-Mario Kart 8
-Super Smash Bros
-Wind Waker HD
-Mass Effect 3

I'm a student on a budget so I was looking at either buying the physical copies of both Rayman Legends and ZombiU (19.99 + 9.99 with free shipping) or Super Mario 3D World for 41.99 on the discount.

Does anyone have an opinion on which one sounds better?

rk3388

Spoony_Tech

@robbiemactavish: I personally would go for the 2 over the one. I have all three but it would be hard to pass up those 2 games.

MERG said:

jump

Tops wrote:

Is the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3 good?

It's decent but you're better off going for it on other consoles where the save data and choices carries over from the previous game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic