Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 996

polarbear

Need some LEGO recommendations, please.

The only one I have is Lego City Undercover and that is a lot of fun!

Should I bother with the other games or will I just be disappointed? From what I heard they contain many bugs and glitches.

polarbear

Spoony_Tech

@polarbear: I actually think Lego City had the most bugs and glitches. The Batman games are good along with The Lego Movie and Marvel. I've not played or seen any of the others.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@polarbear: I actually think Lego City had the most bugs and glitches. The Batman games are good along with The Lego Movie and Marvel. I've not played or seen any of the others.

Lego City was patched a couple of months after the release (it had huge issues before that patch). FWIW, we haven't encountered any major issues with that game since that update, and one of my kids has spent almost 100 hours of that game now.

jariw

Blue_Blur

Oubie wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U pack or Super Mario Maker?

I would choose Super Mario Maker. I've played all three games, and I enjoyed Mario Maker the most by far. I got Bros. U and Luigi U when they first came out, and I wasn't too impressed with them. They were okay, but I was really tired of 2D Mario platformers at the time. I was happy to see Luigi get another star role in a game, but when I got it, I was quite disappointed. It felt like the game was put together quickly and that ruined it for me. I would recommend Luigi U over Mario U though, mainly because the shorter time limit is different than the other New Mario Bros. games.

Mario Maker is really fun, and there is a lot of things to do other than make levels. Keep in mind this is my opinion, so if you love 2D Mario, Bros. U and Luigi U would also be a good choice.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

ninjafox

I went to EGX in Birmingham at the weekend and was lucky enough to have my name selected from everyone who entered the guess how many amiibo's are in the box competition for that day which meant I won the premium (deluxe set in America) Wii U with Super Mario Maker!

I was really suprised to win a Wii U but I already have one so have been trying to decide what to do with it. Whilst it is a great memento of the day chances are I will never use it as I already have Mario Maker as well.

I don't know anyone who would want a Wii U (If it was a PS4 am sure I could shift it) as most people I know consider themselves to mature for Nintendo or are not really into gaming so don't have anyone to give it to, obviously I could sell it but am not sure.

What do you think I should do: keep it as a memento of the day in case my current Wii U dies in the future (had it since launch), sell it or still give it to someone as a surprise even thought they might not use it a huge amount besides Super Mario Maker?

ninjafox

Spoony_Tech

@Tops: lol, suprised she didn't say at least wait for a sale. Maybe Heist will be offered for free to Wii U owners that get the 3ds version this go around.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

ninjafox wrote:

I went to EGX in Birmingham at the weekend and was lucky enough to have my name selected from everyone who entered the guess how many amiibo's are in the box competition for that day which meant I won the premium (deluxe set in America) Wii U with Super Mario Maker!

I was really suprised to win a Wii U but I already have one so have been trying to decide what to do with it. Whilst it is a great memento of the day chances are I will never use it as I already have Mario Maker as well.

I don't know anyone who would want a Wii U (If it was a PS4 am sure I could shift it) as most people I know consider themselves to mature for Nintendo or are not really into gaming so don't have anyone to give it to, obviously I could sell it but am not sure.

What do you think I should do: keep it as a memento of the day in case my current Wii U dies in the future (had it since launch), sell it or still give it to someone as a surprise even thought they might not use it a huge amount besides Super Mario Maker?

give it to a kid who doesn't own any video games, someone who will actually cherish it and not worry about stuff like what others think of them playing it..

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Rumorlife

Does anyone else find it strange that the physical version of Legend of Kay seems to come in a white box? At least for NA. Technically a "special" box for the WiiU, since default is blue. I thought GameStop was just using an old box to display the game but I saw it that way at Best Buy and Walmart in the same day today...

Rumorlife

AdamLikesNintend

polarbear wrote:

Should I bother with the other games or will I just be disappointed? From what I heard they contain many bugs and glitches.

I find the reviews on this site to be pretty accurate. The ones I want most are City and Marvel Superheroes. There are few that are as well liked as the one you started off with, City, but I haven't tried it just yet. Generally it seems to depend largely on how interested you are in the source material as they don't change up the gameplay mechanics. Here's my reviews of the ones I've played. There were glitches but nothing that ruined them for me.

Lego Batman 2 - Definitely a fun game with tons to do and endless fan service. Completionist goals are super repetitive with every Lego game but I had fun unlocking the numerous DC characters and using them to figure out the quickest way to solve all the little puzzles. Gotham is open, expansive, and invites exploration, with the exception of flight (like with Wonder Woman and flying vehicles) which is not executed well and takes a ton of adjusting to. I will definitely check out Lego Batman 3 at some point which is supposed to be much more linear but I am fine with that.

Lego Movie Video Game - Not very impressive. Obviously loaded with the source material but it all turns into a bit of a mess. I had a difficult time just figuring out how to get to the various parts of the Cloud Cuckoo Land overworld to return to a few stages. It also doesn't have much to it and I reached 100% in problem half the time as Batman 2.

Edited on by AdamLikesNintend

My Super Mario Maker Courses

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9395-3820 | Nintendo Network ID: adamlikesyou

renaryuugufan92

Heres my updated list for October 2015:

1. Wind Waker HD
2. Super Mario 3D World
3. Bayonetta 2 (+1)
4. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
5. Assassins Creed 4
6. Mario Kart 8
7. Splatoon
8. Pikmin 3
9. DKC: Tropical Freeze
10. Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
11. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
12. Resident Evil Revelations
13. Deus Ex
14. Metroid Prime: Trilogy (sure its a Wii eshop title but still!)
15. NSMBU+NSLU

Note: I have yet to buy or play Super Mario Maker or Yoshi's Wooly World so thats why I didn't recommend them in this update.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

aresius

my wii u is almost here, just one month left, i can't buy a lot of game because of the wii u cost itself, so what's the best combination of these?

wii u bundle mario kart 8 + xenoblade chronicles X
or
wii u bundle xenoblade chronicles x + super mario 3d world

aresius

Octane

@aresius: Depends on if you want to get Mario Kart 8 or 3D World...

Octane

SuperWiiU

They're both great, just get game you think you'll like the best. MK8 offers the best (online) multiplayer, but for a solid single player(and local multiplayer) experience get 3D World.

Rumorlife

polarbear wrote:

I played Lego Hobbit recently and I REALLY enjoyed it. Nothing glitched out except two cutscenes with this set of guards where they'd appear in the floor. But the overworld is really huge and it's kind of annoying sometimes honestly, but if you've already played one with the huge overworld then you know what I mean. The Lord of the Rings one is in many ways identical to this one.

Rumorlife

las_cadenas

shouldnt i avoid revalations because the series continued on another console i dont want a broken series

las_cadenas

Eel

Both games are about as independent from each other as games in the same series can be. There's really very little connecting them, so don't worry about it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SCRAPPER392

las_cadenas wrote:

shouldnt i avoid revalations because the series continued on another console i dont want a broken series

Well, Resident Evil Revelations still isn't on Xbox One or PS4, so buying it on Wii U still doesn't make it a broken series, unless RE Revelations shows up on the Xbox 360 BC program or you are playing RE Revelations 2 on Xbox 360, anyway. Besides, Wii U has the best version, anyway, even out of Xbox 360 or PS3.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SuperWiiU

SCAR wrote:

las_cadenas wrote:

Well, Resident Evil Revelations still isn't on Xbox One or PS4, so buying it on Wii U still doesn't make it a broken series, unless RE Revelations shows up on the Xbox 360 BC program or you are playing RE Revelations 2 on Xbox 360, anyway. Besides, Wii U has the best version, anyway, even out of Xbox 360 or PS3.

No it doesn't. The Wii U version of Revelations has worse controls(delay in analog sticks) and has more framerate issues. I do believe it looks a little better than the 360 and PS3 versions though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic