Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 996

SCRAPPER392

SuperWiiU wrote:

SCAR wrote:

las_cadenas wrote:

shouldnt i avoid revalations because the series continued on another console i dont want a broken series

Well, Resident Evil Revelations still isn't on Xbox One or PS4, so buying it on Wii U still doesn't make it a broken series, unless RE Revelations shows up on the Xbox 360 BC program or you are playing RE Revelations 2 on Xbox 360, anyway. Besides, Wii U has the best version, anyway, even out of Xbox 360 or PS3.

No it doesn't. The Wii U version of Revelations has worse controls(delay in analog sticks) and has more framerate issues. I do believe it looks a little better than the 360 and PS3 versions though.

That's what I meant by better. The 1080p upscaling and PCM 5.1 sound made most of the Wii U 7th generation ports better. There was also some extra GamePad support. I wouldn't know anything about the controls sticks being different compared to the Xbox 360/PS3 versions, but I think I know what you are talking about, because I also thought that the sticks were kind of delayed. Too bad there isn't a a way to change the sensitivity? I haven't booted the game up for at least a year, now, but I still say that it doesn't really matter what console you buy it, as long as you have one of the other consoles with the sequel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom ported RE: Revelations 2 over to Wii U in like a year or 2. 3rd parties have already been doing that for Xbox One and PS4 with other games.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

las_cadenas

oh well as long as the game is still safe. thats sad cause didnt they do a special 3ds for that game and then they take it away from nintendo fans wow

las_cadenas

SuperWiiU

SCAR wrote:

That's what I meant by better. The 1080p upscaling and PCM 5.1 sound made most of the Wii U 7th generation ports better. There was also some extra GamePad support. I wouldn't know anything about the controls sticks being different compared to the Xbox 360/PS3 versions, but I think I know what you are talking about, because I also thought that the sticks were kind of delayed. Too bad there isn't a a way to change the sensitivity? I haven't booted the game up for at least a year, now, but I still say that it doesn't really matter what console you buy it, as long as you have one of the other consoles with the sequel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom ported RE: Revelations 2 over to Wii U in like a year or 2. 3rd parties have already been doing that for Xbox One and PS4 with other games.

Just better graphics aren't what makes a version the best though. Better controls and framerate do make it superior. Wii U's audio system is terrible as there isn't a dedicated audio out port, and many people are stuck with 2.1 because of it.

I doubt Revelations 2 will come to Wii U because they even announced a Vita version, while 3DS and Wii U outsell that console by large numbers. An NX version might be possible, but by then the RE2 remake will be out and that is better candidate for a Nintendo release.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

SCRAPPER392

SuperWiiU wrote:

SCAR wrote:

Just better graphics aren't what makes a version the best though. Better controls and framerate do make it superior. Wii U's audio system is terrible as there isn't a dedicated audio out port, and many people are stuck with 2.1 because of it.

I doubt Revelations 2 will come to Wii U because they even announced a Vita version, while 3DS and Wii U outsell that console by large numbers. An NX version might be possible, but by then the RE2 remake will be out and that is better candidate for a Nintendo release.

Ya, well I already bought it on Wii U, so I don't care which version has the better controls, anymore.

Wii U's audio system is actually better than PS4 and Xbox One's, from my experience. If you receiver can't run the 5.1 PCM through HDMI, then that means the receiver is outdated and terrible; not the Wii U.

The fact that Vita is getting it, should give you even more reason to think it might come to Wii U. That's why I mentioned that all the systems are having split releases. Lastly, I don't get what you mean by an NX release, because no one technically knows exactly what it is.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SuperWiiU

SCAR wrote:

Wii U's audio system is actually better than PS4 and Xbox One's, from my experience. If you receiver can't run the 5.1 PCM through HDMI, then that means the receiver is outdated and terrible; not the Wii U.

The fact that Vita is getting it, should give you even more reason to think it might come to Wii U. That's why I mentioned that all the systems are having split releases. Lastly, I don't get what you mean by an NX release, because no one technically knows exactly what it is.

Many popular, current, and excellently rated surround systems come without a HDMI plugin. In fact, there is only system I know of that demands its sound be output through HDMI for surround sound, and it's the Wii U.

The fact it is coming to Vita is good reason to assume it won't be coming to Wii U, because the Vita version was announced at the about the same time as the other versions, and it was handled by Sony themselves instead of Capcom. As Nintendo didn't try to get it, there is very little reason to assume they will now(it's not that popular/well rated) and Capcom isn't interested in porting any RE game to the Wii U or 3DS because Nintendo's systems aren't liked by their current game engines. We can assume the NX will be a console and if reports about the specs are even remotely true it is much more likely to receive an RE port. They could already have a dev kit, and the first thing they are likely to try is porting one of their existing, recent games to the new platform.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

SCRAPPER392

@SuperWiiU
Nope. If you're receiver isn't running 5.1 or higher PCM through the HDMI(which is what Wii U requires), it's outdated, period. If you are running audio codecs through the optic cable, it's still only going to run compressed files via Dolby or DTS. That's why HDMI is the all-in-one cable, now.

There are audio receivers that have HDMI and still don't run audio through it, but we're already going back to like 2009 receivers if your Wii U won't run through it and it wasn't the most capable one.

Also, Xbox One doesn't even hook up to tube TVs anymore, so you might as well say there are many good tube TVs and that Xbox One's video port is crap. I don't even think PS4 runs on tube TVs. That's the same thing as Wii U hooking up to a current AV receiver.

If Siny is handling a Vita port, then maybe not, but it's never out of the question. We could have just as easily said a lot of ports weren't coming to PS4 and Xbox One, but guess what, they did. Wii U can already run an RE port, so the specs of a supposed console NX don't matter. It has nothing to do with this discussion.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SuperWiiU

SCAR wrote:

@SuperWiiU
Nope. If you're receiver isn't running 5.1 or higher PCM through the HDMI(which is what Wii U requires), it's outdated, period. If you are running audio codecs through the optic cable, it's still only going to run compressed files via Dolby or DTS. That's why HDMI is the all-in-one cable, now.

There are audio receivers that have HDMI and still don't run audio through it, but we're already going back to like 2009 receivers if your Wii U won't run through it and it wasn't the most capable one.

Also, Xbox One doesn't even hook up to tube TVs anymore, so you might as well say there are many good tube TVs and that Xbox One's video port is crap. I don't even think PS4 runs on tube TVs. That's the same thing as Wii U hooking up to a current AV receiver.

If Siny is handling a Vita port, then maybe not, but it's never out of the question. We could have just as easily said a lot of ports weren't coming to PS4 and Xbox One, but guess what, they did. Wii U can already run an RE port, so the specs of a supposed console NX don't matter. It has nothing to do with this discussion.

Maybe not the newest receivers, but many popular still actively selling 5.1 surround sets don't have HDMI connectors. Tube TV's however are hardly sold anywhere anymore, and have been gone from most stores for 10 years, unlike non-HDMI supporting receivers(mine was released less than 4 years ago, I bought it three years ago, now guess when they released the Wii U).

Wii U can run a port of 3DS game, but it doesn't work well with the version of their engine that RE:Revelations 2 was build with. PS4 and XB1 ports were easy cash grabs and third party ones could be build cheaply from the PC version, while the Wii U is a risky area. Revelations sold worst on Wii U, and if a Revelations 2 port for Wii U sold about the same it would cost more than it would make. Especially as it would require more work to make it run well or be back-ported to the version of their engine used in Revelations 1.

SCRAPPER392

@SuperWiiU
I don't think so. When I went to go buy my audio receiver, almost 3 years ago, there weren't any 5.1 or 7.2 setups w/o HDMI(PCM support), anymore. I had a 2007 Yamaha system before that, that had HDMI, but audio didn't even run through the HDMI. I got it for $80 and I ran the last generation systems on it for a about a year and a half. Everyone should already consider themselves lucky for how long their receivers have lasted them, as it is, because you can still run anything Dolby capable on high end receivers from the late 90's.

Wii U forcing 5.1 PCM onto users is basically the first sign that those old receivers are on their way out, just like tube TVs. That''s why I am going as far back to say that people haven't really had to upgrade their receivers for over a decade already, unless they wanted the higher watt or whatever else, and upgrading your receiver is as big of a deal as upgrading your TV to higher resolutions or higher framerate. Even the Xbox One and PS4 run uncompressed surround sound(5.1+ PCM), which wasn't possible on Xbox 360 and PS3. Last generation still heavily relied on Dolby and DTS, but not it's not like that anymore, which is how Wii U isn't looking out of place by requiring it.

I still use Dolby codecs for Xbox One, but it is running that software in the receiver, not in the Xbox One software.

As far as Revelations goes, I wasn't that impressed with the first game. It's gets a 7/10 from me, but I'd rather buy something else besides the sequel. That's how much software is out there right now.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

@SuperWiiU
I wouldn't mind knowing what brand and model receiver you have, BTW. Even my receiver is already outdated, to an extent. 4K is out, and the receiver I have can technically get a firmware update to pass through 4K @ 60FPS(otherwise 30FPS, supposedly), but Sony probably won't put in the effort to update it, and it would have mattered if 4K was cheaper, or if I would have had it already somehow(but I'm not rich).

The sound bars aren't a bad idea, either, because they save electricity compared to the high watt receivers, but now I'm stuck with the one I have for as far as the eye can see. Maybe you sell yours off on someone who doesn't care about PCM and get a better one, That's what I was doing for a while to upgrade my stuff. I even still have an old 2000 model hooked up in the other room.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

jump

Whitewatermoose wrote:

What is your thoughts on. sonic Lost World? Would anyone recommend Sonic Lost World for Wii U? And if so, for what age groups? Thanks

It's playable and ok just not the brilliant Sonic meets Super Mario Galaxy game which was promised, there's a demo you can try to help you decide.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Raiko wrote:

So i've just abandoned Bayonetta (the first one). I can see the appeal, but for me there's just way too many combos to bother remembering and the combat camera seems to want to look anywhere but at the enemy. There's a brilliant concept in there, for sure, but I personally feel the execution is a bit shoddy.

With that in mind, do folk think i'll get on with The Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2?

Bayonetta 2 is much than the first because they change up the scenery and other things like that rather than the camera and controls.

Tthere's a demo of The Wonderful 101 you can try, the controls take alot of getting use to which the demo doesn't do a great job of doing so keep that in mind when you try it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Leon_Kennedy

Raiko wrote:

So i've just abandoned Bayonetta (the first one). I can see the appeal, but for me there's just way too many combos to bother remembering and the combat camera seems to want to look anywhere but at the enemy. There's a brilliant concept in there, for sure, but I personally feel the execution is a bit shoddy.

With that in mind, do folk think i'll get on with The Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2?

As the previous poster pointed out, there's a demo of wonderful 101. It's a great idea but for me the controls are just a bit too awkward. There's a demo of bayonetta 2 as well

Leon_Kennedy

jump

Are any of the Transformers or Spider-Man games any good? They are gonna be on sale in a few days I'm curious if they are worth a punt or not.

Nicolai wrote:

SuperWiiU

arronishere wrote:

Are any of the Transformers or Spider-Man games any good? They are gonna be on sale in a few days I'm curious if they are worth a punt or not.

Don't get Rise Of The Dark Spark. There's probably some good in the other three, but they all scored in the 55-65 region in reviews. It's too bad we didn't get the Platinum Games Transformers game on Wii U.

Xyphon22

So I haven't found an answer and not really sure where to ask this, so here goes. Does anyone know if the Gamers Club thing at Best Buy gives you 20% off on sale games? I'm looking at the Buy 1 Get 1 40% off deal, and don't know if I will get another 20% off or not (trying to figure out how much I will have to spend). If so, will it be off both, the full-price one, or the cheaper one? Thanks.

And to remain on the topic at hand, which two would you recommend between Xenoblade, Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker, and Smash Bros (and I guess throw in Tri-Force Heroes, Yokai Watch, and Chibi Robo Zip Lash too, even though those are 3DS and I'm sure those would not be recommended by many)?

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Spoony_Tech

@Xyphon22: I think it does but not 100% sure. If you go ahead and do it let us know for sure.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rockodoodle

@Xyphon22: I thought Chibi Robo was pretty fun. Maybe not top two of the ones you listed, but I like it.

I'd go with Smash Bros. for sure. If you want a change of pace from what you see on Nintendo, go with Xenoblade. If you still want more Nintendo type stuff, go with Mario Maker as your second choice. I think you should eventually get all four for the Wii U.

rockodoodle

Xyphon22

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Xyphon22: I think it does but not 100% sure. If you go ahead and do it let us know for sure.

Just to let people know, it does work. They took the 20% off both games, and then another 40% off the second. So it's not quite 60% off the one, but still good. I got two $60 Wii U games and a $10 eShop card (which are 10% off) for $85.

Also just to let people know, I got Xenoblade X and Mario Maker. I was going to get Wooly World but they did not have the bundle with the amiibo, so I got Mario Maker instead. I know everybody recommended Smash, and if I was still in college with a bunch of people to play with I probably would have; but as a dad with two young kids who almost exclusively plays single player now, that puts Smash to the end of the line.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Chaoslink1

Hey guys, i got $20 left on my wii u, should i buy binding of isaac or mario & luigi superstar saga and partners in time? Its a really hard choise

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic