Forums

Topic: Watch Dogs Wii U version, 2014 "a possibility"

Posts 21 to 34 of 34

Blast

Ummmm... I don't think its cancelled.... >.>

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

GuSolarFlare

Blast wrote:

yeah I bet it'll be like Rayman and end being the best version.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jazzer94

Like @spizzamarozzi said Ubisofts wording about the Wii U version get vaguer with each statement in terms of release not looking good guys and this was in my top 5 anticipated Wii U games.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Blast

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Blast wrote:

yeah I bet it'll be like Rayman and end being the best version.

@GuSilverFlame Yup and it sounds like these guys are investing alotta time to making Gamepad functionality to be really fun. I want it for my Wii U. Even if I had a PS4... I'd still want it for Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Kyloctopus

spizzamarozzi wrote:

We went from "a sure thing" to "slightly delayed" and now it's juast "a possibility" - I bet you a tenner the WiiU version won't come out at all.

Release in 2014 is "a possibility". Not the release in general.
So how long exactly have they halted development on the Wii U version to focus on other systems exactly?

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

Kyloctopus wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

We went from "a sure thing" to "slightly delayed" and now it's juast "a possibility" - I bet you a tenner the WiiU version won't come out at all.

I don't believe them. Ubi has complained alot about WiiU and their games like ZombiU and Splinter Cell not performing very well on the system. At this point there is no way they're going to care so much about Nintendo as to invest more time and money into making Watch Dogs on WiiU the definitive version of the game. The game will totally underperform, sales wise, so there's no reason they should care so much about it.
The situation about this game is getting fishier and fishier - first it disappears from dealer's catalogues, then it gets delayed, now we don't even know what year it will come out. I simply believe the WiiU version will soon be forgotten and I expect Ubi stating that they stopped WiiU developement because it would have been a commercial suicide.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Hy8ogen

Whether it is delayed or cancelled, I'm not going to buy it anyway. Don't feel like spending 60 bucks just to be treated like a beggar.

Which is sad because back in E3 I was pretty damn sure I'm going to pick this game up day 1. Thanks ubi.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

luisesteban

Well hope they really made a good version.

luisesteban

Phatosaurus

Colonial Marines will be ported before Watch_Dogs releases on the Wii U.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

RancidVomit86

At least if game comes out and is terrible Wii U owners will know before hand.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Snagrio

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

I don't believe them. Ubi has complained alot about WiiU and their games like ZombiU and Splinter Cell not performing very well on the system. At this point there is no way they're going to care so much about Nintendo as to invest more time and money into making Watch Dogs on WiiU the definitive version of the game. The game will totally underperform, sales wise, so there's no reason they should care so much about it.
The situation about this game is getting fishier and fishier - first it disappears from dealer's catalogues, then it gets delayed, now we don't even know what year it will come out. I simply believe the WiiU version will soon be forgotten and I expect Ubi stating that they stopped WiiU developement because it would have been a commercial suicide.

The Wii U version will be canned, that's almost dead certain. But I'm willing to bet Ubisoft will make up some BS story as to why instead of straight up telling us the true reason.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

kkslider5552000

They would not continue talking about the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs if someone wasn't still actively getting the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs out. As stated before, cancelling the game at this stage would almost always be worse for money than not releasing it.

But are they focusing on other versions and minimizing discussion of a Wii U version until near its release for the sake of not looking like a company that is releasing late games that sell poorly for (admittedly not just) that reason? Probably.

Anyway, the idea of PS4 having a next gen graphical experience from this game (even compared to the semi-disappointing graphical upgrades for current PS4/Xbox One games) has been completely destroyed apparently, so Ps4 being the definitive version is done and someone finally has time to properly use the tablet controller for a game where your character uses a device that is fairly similar to a tablet, so that's cool with me. But I'm one of the 10 gamers with patience so...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MAB

The definitive Wii U D4L version will be worth the weight... I don't need to drop AU$550 for a PS4 just for one game that will be a slightly enhanced port of the PS3 with crappy underutilized controls

Untitled

MAB

TheLilK98

I'd rather they just admit they're cancelling it than feed us more bull about how their mystical magical Romanian team is sprinkling pixie dust on the gamepad and customizing the controls with their wizardry.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.