Forums

Topic: Watch Dogs Wii U version, 2014 "a possibility"

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

shingi_70

"Yeah it's still alive," he said. "We still haven't defined a ship date for it, though. So it's on hold, to a certain extent for shipping."

He added that a 2014 ship date for that version of the game is still a "possibility."

"We don't have a specific ship date for it yet so it's considered within the year," he said. "So we're going to look at that and we're going to let people know as soon as we figure out an exact date for it."

One of the reasons the Wii U version of the game isn't hitting the same release date as every other platform is because it's the only version not being developed in concert by the team in Montreal.

"We have our studio in Bucharest working on it, and we wanted that team to have the time to explore the GamePad and be able to have fun with it and see how far they could push it," he said. "It's also an interesting platform, because it has its own strength, which we want to take advantage of, and we didn't want to delay all the other platforms for that one. So we're going to take the time we need to make sure the game is good (technically) when we ship it and that it also, game design-wise, makes good use of the specifics of the Wii U."

Guay still believes the Wii U is a good fit for Watch Dogs and its playstyle, in particular because of the GamePad.

"I mean, for our game, when we play with everything being connected, we need to make smart use of it," Guay said. "And also, the Wii U came along at some point in our production, so it planned through for it, and now to a certain extent we wanted to be ambitious with it, be able to go full-on and make full use of the platform. That's why we're taking more time, but it's being worked on so that's good."

The game development's shift to Ubisoft Romania in Bucharest was driven in part by a question of capability, Guay said. He added that that specific team is extremely strong technically and that there was a lot of technical work that had to go into getting the engine that drives Watch Dogs to work on the Wii U.

"It wasn't running on Wii U initially," he said. "They were the perfect team to do it. Our Bucharest studio is super strong, super strong engineers and I was impressed by how quickly they got to get the game running on the console. And they were so autonomous in doing it. Obviously we're communicating and we're working together, but they were so quick and smart in doing it, it still made sense for them to keep ownership. Obviously they're using the same game content, so they're not building other game content. It's the same game content that we'll adapt for the needs of the specific needs of Wii U. But at the core, same game, but they made all the technical adjustments for it."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/6/5473924/watch-dogs-wii-u-rele...

The other Skus of the game are slated for May 27th.

Ubisoft's handling of this game has been a joke to the point I belive its been canclled and they're just buying time as not to negativily impact sales of the other SKU. Even the quote sounds like it was badly manged in a way that it sounds like the Wii U version wasn't even started being worked on until the middle of last year.

Saying that 2014 is a possibility is a joke and I wish that they'd be up front with us.

We should know later this month about Unisofts overall direction with the next AC game is announced.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Hy8ogen

Utter BS IMO. If they can get the game to run on PS360, I don't see how it is such a big trouble to get it running on Wii U since they share similar architecture. To delay the whole game by months because of the gamepad feature? Unless they give us real specific reasons, I'm not buying it for 1 second. We're not stupid Ubi.

I was planning to get the game initially, but not anymore. I don't like people BSing me.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

UTXGamer

Only way this game comes is if another company handles the porting. Maybe Nintendo can buy the guys that did the Deux Ex/Mass Effect(think its Straight Right) and have them port all these 3rd party games to the Wii U.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

Jaz007

Hy8ogen wrote:

Utter BS IMO. If they can get the game to run on PS360, I don't see how it is such a big trouble to get it running on Wii U since they share similar architecture. To delay the whole game by months because of the gamepad feature? Unless they give us real specific reasons, I'm not buying it for 1 second. We're not stupid Ubi.

I was planning to get the game initially, but not anymore. I don't like people BSing me.

I don't think any of those 3 systems have similar architecture, similar power levels sure, but not architecture.

Jaz007

LzWinky

Regardless, the fact that they are delaying the Wii U version makes it very moot...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ryno

If Watch Dogs comes to Wii U you can slap my rear and call me Sally.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Joeynator3000

I bet it'll still come out to be a crappy port. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Gamecubed

This how Irrelevance happens.

Gamecubed

Hy8ogen

Guitardude7 wrote:

When the game comes out (and yes WHEN the game comes out) you can be assured I'll be getting it. Development seems to be too far along to be cancelled now. I think you're all just a bunch of Debbie Downers (Sorry if your name is Debbie). It seems like Ubisoft is really taking their time to make this a worthwhile port to Wii U owners by not just sweeping the Gamepad under the rug. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, guys if you want more Third Party support on the system, buy third party games! The Wii U won;t succeed if we keep continuing with this anti third party mindset. I agree Ubisoft is giving us the short end of the stick and EA is a terrible company, but by shunning them we're only hurting Nintendo. it's not fair and it sucks that we have to swallow our pride like this but it's something that just needs to be done. When it comes out, please show your support and go buy Watch Dogs.

I have bought a couple of 3rd party games for my Wii U and definitely enjoyed them. But sh!t like this just drives me up the wall man. The guy is saying there is a possibility for a 2014 release, which means it could also be released in 2015. Why would I pay the same amount of money for a game that already came out 6 months ago?

However I do agree on taking their time with the gamepad, but delaying the game indefinitely is just unacceptable. Unless the game came out to be the "Definitive" version of the game (like the NFS MW) then maybe.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

shingi_70

I'm not Anti-third party. I'm just pro playing third party games on other systems.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Hy8ogen

Jaz007 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

I don't think any of those 3 systems have similar architecture, similar power levels sure, but not architecture.

I stand corrected. The Wii U's architecture is similar to the Xbox360. The ps3's cell processor however is a variation of the powerPC, although different but still share a certain amount of similarity. Power wise Wii U is much stronger than the latter.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

sinalefa

If the game is being handled by a completely different studio, then it should not be delayed, or at least not that much, as they are not taking Montreal personnel. He says that the Bucharest studio is very talented and capable, so it should be out sooner.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

dumedum

This all sounds great to me. Sure it will hurt their sales but it will make the game more enjoyable to me. More Game Pad features = more fun for me.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

Well, I am only going to buy this game for Wii U so I am willing to wait. The NintendoLife article made me way more excited for the WIi U versions than the others as they won't have any GamePad functionality. I hope that any DLC release for Watch_Dogs between May 27th and Wii U version release date will come free to Wii U. (like our payment for waiting lol) but wouldn't mind if that didn't happen. Still going to get the game

From the other topic, guess it was posted twice

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm not Anti-third party. I'm just pro playing third party games on other systems.

Why aren't you Pro 3rd Party on Wii U?

shingi_70

DefHalan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Well I don't own a Wii U yet. (Come on Smash Brothers), on the note I'd rather get third parties at the best resolution and framerate I can. Plus the other two eco systems are much better when it comes to mutliplayer engagement, as well as sales and deals.

WAT!

retropunky

I hope it does come eventually, at least this year. Pushing it back to 2015 would cast more uncertainty than what it is currently going through.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Well I don't own a Wii U yet. (Come on Smash Brothers), on the note I'd rather get third parties at the best resolution and framerate I can. Plus the other two eco systems are much better when it comes to mutliplayer engagement, as well as sales and deals.

Ok I get multiplayer stuff(I haven't experienced Wii U online) and the framerate/resolution(mostly caused by companies not optimizing games on Wii U), I see the Wii U as having extra content because of the GamePad implementation (it may not be much it is something) and the sales/deals are just as good on Wii U from what I have experienced (plus atleast the Wii U lets me play my downloaded Wii games, unlike Xbox One and PS4)

spizzamarozzi

We went from "a sure thing" to "slightly delayed" and now it's juast "a possibility" - I bet you a tenner the WiiU version won't come out at all.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Dave24

If they don't want to hurt their sales that much, they just should come out and say it that it won't come. It looks like they didn't learn anything from Legends fiasco

Dave24

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.