Forums

Topic: Total Number of Games for Wii U = Dissapointing

Posts 121 to 140 of 263

dumedum

shingi_70 wrote:

Why wouldn't you want to play it without the gamepad, unless your on the citidal the moa isn't really needed.

Also its missing the Levothian DLC which is fairly important to the lore wise and adds even more than the extended ending did.

Because without the map I would be totally lost in the missions and wouldn't know where to go. Controlling and directing the team via the controller is beyond incredible and fun.

The DLC was not included in the trilogy so its an extra rip off money. It expands but its not a continuation. It ended where it ended.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

CanisWolfred

It has a map, you just have to pause for it, and not having to pause isn't exactly more convenient since you have to stop to look at the map on the gamepad anyways.

And he means the Leviathan DLC adds more to the lore and story (?) than the Extra ending did. It's worth the money if you're invested in the story that much, which you would be if you played the first two games, which you haven't.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

dumedum

Pausing sounds horrible. I'm not sure its the same map either. I thibk its that terrible map where you cant move and its nit helpful. Looking at the game pad is seamless its done very easily together with theplaying. That was actually my main enjoyment of the game. The map interacts with the surroundings radio interferences etc. Its incredible.

I don't enjoy wasting rip off money on dlc sorry.

kkslider5552000

Swiket wrote:

This might blow your mind but people have been pausing their games to access map screens for years now and it worked alright

We also used to live in terrible houses and died of small pox.

And yes I will compare small pox to video game maps, try and stop me!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

tebunker

Okay Maybe it's just me, but this is what I have for Wii U backlog;

Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag(beaten but still doing all the AC Initiates missions)
Castlestorm
D&D Chronicles of Mystara
Deus Ex Human Revolution DC
Ducktales remastered
Earthbound
Edge
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
Kirby's Adventure
Kung Fu rabbits
Legend of Zelda Windwaker
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Mass Effect 3
Mega Man X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Need For Speed Most Wanted U
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3 : Razor's Edge
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil Revelations
Skylanders Giants
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3d World
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Street Fighter II
Trine 2
Wii Sports Club
Wonderful 101
Zelda II : Adventures of Link
Zombi U

I don't have time to play everything I own. Yeah there are like 2 Wii games in there, and I have a ton of other Non-Wii U VC and Wiiware games I could list. There is too much to play. I am sorry some are not satisfied.

tebunker

MAB

@tebunker Yeah I know, I have come to the conclusion that the whiners don't really play games... How can they when most of their time is spent on the internet crying and responding to numerous clickbait articles and nerdy forum hardware battle threads

MAB

dumedum

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Swiket wrote:

This might blow your mind but people have been pausing their games to access map screens for years now and it worked alright

We also used to live in terrible houses and died of small pox.

And yes I will compare small pox to video game maps, try and stop me!

BTW, other than seeing and knowing where to go, identifying enemies on the screen which is extremely important (can't do that with pausing) and directing your teammates, the map is also used when accessing an exclusive Wii U weapon... And that's just... A sight to behold. My mind was blown by this.

kkslider5552000

Even Pikmin 3, which in theory made the gamepad map idea irrelevant because Wii and Nun-chuck is just better for Pikmin, had such a cool, easy to use on that touch screen map (also it could stop time!!!) that it was still better than the average map in games without this.

Apparently this and other games are actually a decent way to get people involved in single player games, or so I've heard, which is cool to hear.

shingi_70

Swiket wrote:

Also I haven't touched ME3 yet, but if the Leviathan DLC really contains a lot of context and lore for the Reapers then it's kinda disconcerting that it wasn't included in the main game to begin with.

Its EA in a nutshell, I didn't mind throwing down the $10 for the day one from ashes DLC, since having a prothean would be cool, but when you take thevteam mate with you it dramariclly changes how you view the story and the plot in general.

On the + side Dragon Age 3 has been baking in the oven for quite a while now so it should be good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Howard24U

@tedbunker and @mab
Having as deep a backlog as tedbunker does basically just tells me two things. One, either they have a lot of disposable income, or spend an inordinate percentage of their income on things they aren't using (in this case games that aren't being played). Secondly, it tells me that that you have a lower level of discernment for the games that are the best fit for you (not trying to offend here, just stating an opinion). I'm not saying any of the games you listed aren't good (in fact many of them I have not played), but to have that many titles already, especially this early into the Wii U's life, I get the impression that maybe you're not quite sure what you like best. (I understand that a number of those are VC and downloadable titles however)

Others like myself, have a restricted budget for games and don't want to spend money on a game that's going to yield only 5-10 hours of gameplay. I look for games that are going to be fun for me to play, have good replay value, and will bring me a solid 30-40 hours of gameplay. For those reasons, it's much better to have a bigger catalog of titles. More titles = more choices = better product fit for each individual person. That's all I'm saying.

Howard24U

faint

I have played about 22 of the games Tebunker has listed and only found one of them to be bad. (AC 3) My tastes are just as varied. I've been a gamer since 1989 and prefer rpg's and action adventure but I can never turn down a good platformer, fighter, racer, or puzzler. Ones in a long while I like a fps or space shooter. When I was a kid my parents had no idea what to get for my nintendo. With no internet review sites or dedicated gaming stores at their disposal they picked up what looked interesting. That year I opened Dragon Warrior, Mario Brothers, and Contra. My tastes have been all over the place ever since. I know what I like and I am aware of what suits me. Tebunker may have similar background.
Ps. Monster Hunter will get ya at least 200 hours

Edited on by faint

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

MAB

Well, my HDD is bursting at the seams with everything that's available on the European eShop excluding shovelware and mini game collections

MAB

kkslider5552000

I think it's both equally true that some people need some perspective on how limited a game library could be (even a lot game critics who were harsh on the Wii U have admitted that Wii U's library has gotten quite a bit better in the past few months) and that the lack of certain titles/certain title's bad sales/the lack of certain genres is not good. I maintain my opinion that there is no justice if X doesn't lead to a rise of Nintendo console JRPGs.

tebunker

I am going to parse your comments in to two sections,

Howard24U wrote:

@tedbunker and @mab
1.Having as deep a backlog as tedbunker does basically just tells me two things. One, either they have a lot of disposable income, or spend an inordinate percentage of their income on things they aren't using (in this case games that aren't being played). Secondly, it tells me that that you have a lower level of discernment for the games that are the best fit for you (not trying to offend here, just stating an opinion)

2. it's much better to have a bigger catalog of titles. More titles = more choices = better product fit for each individual person. That's all I'm saying.

First, I think you need to look up back handed comments/compliments, second I recognize it's the internet so things can get lost in translation.

Now, I can only speak for me personally, but I like all kinds of games, long ones, short ones, lots of replay, no replay, multiplayer single player, whatever, if the game is good and enjoyable and I can feel the need to give the Developer my hard earned cash I will.

You essentially, tried to say you have a higher/better taste in games, I say I disagree with you. I like having fun. My counter point, the point of my post, is that there is a ton of content on the system, some people just complain about it. Most fail to take the time and really look at what is available. You yourself admit that you haven't played a lot of the stuff on my list, but then claim to have a higher level of discernment. I call BS. But I'm not trying to offend, just my opinion...

Which leads to #2, you are right a larger selection of games is great, but just because you haven't found those games on the Wii U, or can't or haven't made the effort to, again quoting you, "'I'm not saying any of the games you listed aren't good (in fact many of them I have not played)". I would argue that anything you say, about the games or my tastes in games, is invalid because you haven't played the games, and I have. Again I have a wide experienced palate for games, I am willing to bet I have been gaming longer than most on this board have been alive. I enjoy all kinds of games.

I don't limit myself, I don't say, Oh I only like JRPGs, I like all RPGs, or I only play Dude Bro shooters, I don't I find one or two shooters every once in a while highly enjoyable, I don't limit myself to only Sports games, if I see one I want I buy it and enjoy it, NBA 2k13 comes to mind... I can go on and on. Here's the kicker though, if you don't feel the same way IT'S OKAY, I won't say I have a higher level of discernment or intimate that my tastes are better than yours. It's completely Subjective! Just enjoy what you enjoy!

Lastly, I understand you may be on a tighter budget, I myself budget $25 a month to games, or ~$300 a year or so outside of hardware, and if you are smart and hunt and keep an eye for sales you can easily do what I have with that kind of budget. I bought most of my stuff for less than $15. If I get some bonus money and have no other pressing needs, guess where it goes, the gaming budget. The only reason that I have such a large backlog is because, A:) If something on my wishlist gets cheap enough I buy it, I know I will play it eventually, but do not want to risk missing an awesome price, and B) I have a wife and two kids, so gaming time is tight but I like playing games with them as well and having a lot to chose from helps a ton.

You still can't make broad sweeping comments with regards to your personal situation. Yeah the total number of games for any system looks small if you are only looking for; " I look for games that are going to be fun for me to play, have good replay value, and will bring me a solid 30-40 hours of gameplay. "
Please watch the insults and profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

tebunker

shingi_70

At the end of the day diversity in games rocks and I don't think the Wii U will have as diverse as a line up as the other two current gen systems. Take the 360 I bought on Friday Mafia II, Xcom enemy Unknown, and the walking dead season 2.

All three different games but fun in their own rights.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Romeo

there are plenty great games available for Wii U (if we're counting eShop games as well... VC, WiiWare, etc.)

but if i only owned a Wii U and nothing else... i guess i'd be a little disappointed
don't get me wrong... i LOVED Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, etc., but there aren't THAT many great retail games available for Wii U yet... obviously that will all change this year with the release of Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8, DKC Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, X, etc.

fortunately i don't only have a Wii U, but also a 3DS XL + MacBook Pro... meaning i can play all the games i want
i'll also be getting a PS4 so i can enjoy the next Tomb Raider + Thief on the big screen + Uncharted, etc.

but yea.. i guess i'd be disappointed if i only owned a Wii U

Romeo

kkslider5552000

ok, I know you're just lying because no one buys (traditional) strategy games on consoles. Because it's a stupid idea.

Regardless while I'm worried because gamers are dumb and sometimes utterly fail to buy interesting games (not just Nintendo isn't that right, Puppeteer fans?), right now my Wii U collection on retail is:
-an Open World pirate game that's part of an action meets stealth open world series
-a co-op 2d platformer
-Nintendo's fairly original take on strategy gaming that actually works for consoles
-an over-the-top action game with hints of strategy elements and a unique take on QTEs
-a Wii Sports-like minigame collection game but with Nintendo fanservice
-a first person shooter meets survival horror with a hint of Dark Souls

even ignoring my free Wii Sports Club trial or wtf Little Inferno is.

also honestly while Nintendo can sometimes be platformer obsessed...and I don't want to say this because it's so overdone and lame, but it honestly doesn't feel even close to as shooter obsessed Microsoft and Sony are. Considering there is so many cool games coming out, it is generally really bad that the stuff dominating the AAA conversation is Titanfall and Destiny, and I think both of those games will be REALLY good but it is not good that they are clearly THE GAMES of this year. It is as bad as Nintendo relying too much on Mario, but on a far wider scale and I kinda hope it has similar consequences. Like, can we focus on Project Spark or the Witness? Or how about Killer Instinct, people liked that apparently! There's a new Strider coming out! Broken Age or No Man's Sky? Just...something? I'd take Deep Down! Just something else, ANYTHING ELSE.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

dumedum

shingi_70 wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Also I haven't touched ME3 yet, but if the Leviathan DLC really contains a lot of context and lore for the Reapers then it's kinda disconcerting that it wasn't included in the main game to begin with.

Its EA in a nutshell, I didn't mind throwing down the $10 for the day one from ashes DLC, since having a prothean would be cool, but when you take thevteam mate with you it dramariclly changes how you view the story and the plot in general.

For a long time I didn't even know that was dlc originally because it was included and integrated in the SE.

skywake

@Howard24U
A few of the games listed were Wii games. If I was to list my Wii, Wii VC, WiiWare, Wii U, Wii U VC and Wii U DL backlog I'd get upto around 27 games. That's 27 games right now that I could play on my Wii U that I never finished. Admittedly only 5 of those are actually "Wii U" games and only one of them (Assassin's Creed 4) is a full retail title. Also I don't really see myself going back to beat games like de Blob and Klonoa.

Still there is quite a backlog there of really decent games that I think most of us will have. Then there are games that you never beat that are just good for five minutes of fun. The Wii U already has a few of them like Pikmin 3, Need for Speed, Sonic Racing, Rayman Legends etc. It's getting Mario Kart and Smash next year to add to that. So I really, really don't see how someone could say that the Wii U lacks content given how much great content we are already drowning in.

As long as there are one or two big "beatable" games out a year I have more than enough to cover me. If you need more than that then maybe you should be the one reassessing your gaming demands.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Vencoris

For me? No, I'm very satisfied with the current lineup.

However, I could see how the current stable of titles would be disappointing for someone who has been diligently keeping up and finishing all the cross platform games as released and with no potential Wii backlog coming in; particularly if they have narrow tastes and/or a lot of time to play.

In my case however all these ports are new to me and I only get about 15 hours per month to play (according to my play logs on the WiiU). So I have more than enough to keep me busy between my 10 WiiU and 5 Wii games.

Vencoris

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.