Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 488

GrizzlyArctos

@NinjaWaddleDee: I'm maining Sceptile at the moment (He's the only one I've learned to play anyway) and I quite enjoy him. I find that good use of the seed attacks helps to make openings. Saying that, I've found it slightly difficult to fight characters pike Blaziken and Garchomp, but I'm generally not great at fighting games anyway so that could just be due to my own skill level.

Yes, I like bears.

jtmnm

Hey everyone,

I am looking for people to play this game with. I have main'ed my way with Pikachu into unlocking Mewtwo, and now I am attempting to learn Mewtwo's mechanics in order to make him a solid main. Shoot me a message if you want to rek and/or git rekt.

Anyway, I really enjoy this game and highly recommend it to people who are concerned whether or not it would be good purchase. I have faced difficulty in putting it down several times already. If you are open to the idea of an approachable yet considerably technical fighter, this game might just be up your alley. Also, POKEMON!

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

veeflames

I plan to main Charizard when I get this game... so any Charizard mains here? How does he feel to control?
If he's not so great, then maybe I'll use Braixen...
Yup, Fire types ftw!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NinjaWaddleDee

@GrizzlyArctos: Yeah I've found that making more use of his leafblade to close the gap works pretty well.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

JunkosBoobies

Vee_Flames wrote:

I plan to main Charizard when I get this game... so any Charizard mains here? How does he feel to control?
If he's not so great, then maybe I'll use Braixen...
Yup, Fire types ftw!

I main Charizard, and I can say a few things. First off, it was most likely obvious, but Charizard is a slow heavyweight. However, you do have a lot of health, and you do lots of damage, so that makes up for being slow. And there are a few good combos you can do I'm pretty sure to dish out a ton of damage. Also, his counter is a really good move. All around, I would say he's really solid, but that's just me.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

veeflames

@NotAUsernameHere: Thanks for the input. My hope when I get this game is that I control Charizard very well. I don't like heavyweight characters in fighting games, but I just love Charizard!
I guess it's great that he has a lot of HP. And that he can do good combos. We'll see.

God first.

Octane

@Vee_Flames: Charizard would've been my first choice if he wasn't so slow. Machamp is another slow, but powerful character. Ultimately I decided to go with Blaziken, he's a little less powerful, but a lot faster.

Octane

The-NX

Garchomp is who I am maining right now. Although, I have not tried every character, yet. His tornado grab is so cool!

The-NX

Rumorlife

Anyone else feel kind of meh with the soundtrack to this game? Not that it effects anything. It's not bad but it's not memorable. I do like that Magikarp Festival stage theme but it reminds me of something kind of from SF.

Rumorlife

Rexcalibr

@PikminFan22:

Pokemon Stadium was great for its time but this doesn't seem like that to me. Pokemon Stadium played like a regular Pokemon battle. This looks like it plays more like a regular fighting game, but I can see how you can find them similar because of the arena. but man do I feel old because I can still remember the time when Pokemon Stadium was new and exciting.

Rexcalibr

jariw

@Dankykong: Have you listened to the OST separately? Personally, I think the OST is really great, but the sound mix with the rest of the audio isn't.

jariw

Rumorlife

@jariw: You're mostly right I think. Some of the songs are still a bit menu-y to me. It's like sound to have sound. Also sometimes, even with the voice and BGM up to 100% it's hard to hear it.
Sometimes the yelling between pkmn is so loud the whole time I don't hear the music at all. Then after certain battles I can't hear the human opponent talking/accepting defeat that well. I can hear Nia just fine though. Not sure what the issue is...

Rumorlife

LaserdiscGal

So when are we going to organize a Nlife Pokken Tournament?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

veeflames

@Waluigi: Someone will do it soon in the MMOT thread. I don't think I'll be joining in, since I won't be getting my hands on the game soon. At least that's what I believe.

God first.

JayronAuron

Got this game and am loving it, although it is taking a while to get used to this style of fighting game. I did have a quick question to those who have been messing around with some of the menus and such for the avatar customization and records...has anyone run into an issue where it keeps snapping back to the first tab when you try to change to a different menu tab (such as moving to a clothing tab, then snapping back to hats/hair)? I encounter this with any menu that has tabs, and it is extremely hard for me to navigate them as a result.

(On a related note, my apologies @Waluigi for the necro'd topic earlier...was searching for solutions to this issue and completely missed the topic date due to how remarkably similar the issues discussed.)

JayronAuron

Araquanid

Just picked this game up yesterday, It's pretty fun. I don't know how to combo at all but from what I've seen in some of the tutorial this game doesn't really have actual combos, but single button chains unlike fightings I'm familar with, which is fine as you're not locked down for the entire time like them.

I mained chandelure and I have my friend raging on the game. In phase 2 chandelure has an across the map grab you can easily spam, and if you set up flames there is no way to go around it.

I played skullsgirls and I find chandelure's kit to be a combination of peacock, robo forturne, cerabella, and eliza all in one kit.. I don't know if it's balanced but I tried a few other pokes and I found out most of their kits are pretty much the exact same just different animations and damage outputs. I think chan is the only one with a ranged grab tho and I question that.

I still can't figure how out to combo into burst. Like if I just chain yyyy or xxxx and try to burst I won't go off, I have to test my luck and hope they are trying to grab or attack when I do it as there is no "setting up" for it like with comboing in skullgirls and using a guaranteed hit block buster.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Undead_terror

I would join and bring my Gengar, still a few things to learn but I'm getting good I guess.
Should try to finish the game now, left off on Chroma league and didn't play for a couple days.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Araquanid

NotAUsernameHere wrote:

Untitled

Jeez, it hasn't even been a week, and someone decided to make a tier list. There is something wrong I see though, why the hell is Gardevoir above Machamp and Garchomp? That's the worst thing I see about this tier list. Like did they even try?

It feel like this is less of a "tier" list and more of a "beginner friendly" list.

What threw me off is how low suicune is, suicune is actually pretty strong and can easily lock you down from a distance. Although he's not that easy to use. Braixen is basically chandelure, but melts people even more and has better close range answers. The problem with braixen tho (who i tried maining after chan) is her entire kit might as well be two pokemon, she relies on the "sunny day enhanced" mechanic which is actually very difficult to keep track of, basically in every move you hold b or something for sunny day and it boost your next attack. Timing which attack you want to use that buff on however is the tricky part, but you can spam and use sunny day with almost everything. Braixen isn't trash tier, just she actually has mechanics unlike the other characters I see.

I know i compare the game to skullgirls a lot but that's basically my experience with fighting games, if anybody is familiar with big band, that's braixen in a nutshell, using buffs on certain moves when giving breathing room except braixen does that with all her moves. Actually the more I think about it shulk from smash bros is a good comparison. Buffs you have to time and use properly, except the buffs aren't "over time" they're "with every attack you must buff inbetween"

Chandelure is pretty stupid easy. All I need to do to win is run around and press y without starting a phase, and if they get close just use the grab/counter attack/all in x. In 2d phase just spam the down A ranged grab, and if you can just press a to put debuffs on them and basically jail them into the grab. The only counter to this is jumping over it, but once I git gud and figure out the anti air moves better that won't be a solution anymore. They honestly should balance this grab by making it a phase shift for the sake of preventing how stupid it is to spam.

It think it's just the fact nobody is good at this game yet so nobody is pro with the higher mechanic mons like braixen. Then suddenly when that one guy manages to git gud it becomes the go to choice for auto win if you're good.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Pukentournament

I disagree. Everytime I battle Suicune it always takes a dump immediately. Braixen is sooooo bad but as the CPU as well. A few times it didn't even try at all to come at me. That list has been pretty accurate but I'm maining as Pikachu Libre and he acts stronger than regular Pikachu from my experience even at the start when I was bad at this game. I battled Libre against Libre once and the other Libre was incredibly weak it seemed like he was an E rank. Also the shiny coloring seemed off somehow

Pukentournament

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.