Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 488

Rumorlife

Well when I use Chandelure it feels like an S Rank, but when I battle against Chandelure, it feels like a D or E. Is the chart based on CPU action maybe? I can see that being possible, but when a human is controlling the Pokemon it seems like it's better.

Rumorlife

Pukentournament

It rarely it's me against chandelur in story mode. It kicks my butt. Pikachu does too sometimes but it's only an A but Blaziken is really bad against me sometimes. I can't lose and that says A

Pukentournament

Rumorlife

Pikachu Libre has been more annoying than regular kind, and I do agree Blaziken seems weaker when the CPU is attacking than A. Maybe they're switched even.

Rumorlife

Pukentournament

we should stop quoting the picture then. Maybe they'll have a new one soon that's actually correct

Pukentournament

Araquanid

Lets be honest, do "tiers" ever mean anything in fighting games where its whoever mashes buttons more consistently? You don't win because you picked a vs. b you won because you know how to play a better than the opponent knows how to play b.

I don't care if braixen or suicune is Z rank, we all know at evo some korean kid is going to make it S+

Like i said, the game is still new and I don't think anybody really "mastered" their pokemon yet to say what is and isn't trash. For all we know some guy might discover a weird animation cancel that screws over what we think is overpowered. This is the trend with fighting games.

Honestly this discussion is inspiring me to play braixen, i want to see what i can make of it.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

MasterWario

Just got this game and Chandelure is amazing just like I thought he would be! (Still can't believe he got in this game.) Overheat is the best, forget Synergy Burst, and I would have never guessed he'd have an across the field fire-laser.

Some interesting discussing here, but I've only just started so I don't have too much to say. Although I will say this is the easiest to learn fighting game I've ever played. Hopefully my friends will keep up.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Araquanid

@MasterWario:

One combo I've seen a guy spamming and been trying to use myself (in 2d phase) is down y, which is basically a sweep, and then down a, which is basically a grab from across the map.

I need to learn overheat better, I forgot the move exist and it's really good. Pair overheat with cresselia and you've got yourself a monster.

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

MasterWario

@MegaBeedrill: Oooh I'll have to try that. I can quite easily see why the grab is op, but it feels kinda cheep to use and boring to rely on, but I guess if you want to be the very best...

Overheat is a bit of a risky move, but it seems to go through certain things which I haven't played around with enough to know. It's also super satisfying to use, probably because it's the only bright red move in his kit, making it seem extra powerful. And I haven't unlocked Cresselia yet so I'll see what you're talking about soon enough.

Also does anyone know what the red shield is? If you don't know what I'm talking about Garchomp does it in this video https://youtu.be/c_zXl9ihAuI?t=41s and I have no idea what it is or how to do it.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

Haru17

It's no fun to make 'pokemon' puns out of 'Pokken Tournament' when the pun is already there from the get-go: 2/10.

Yoshi's Furry Phalanges was a 11/10. Best game.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Araquanid

@MasterWario: You unlock cress after beating the C league. It's a small heal, and it removed any debuffs (It'll remove you're stat decreases after overheat)

Also the down a grab does more damage if the opponent has debuffs, and it stacks for each debuff.

My Shinies

MasterWario

@MegaBeedrill: Oh so there are directional grabs! Good to know! And yes I just got Cresselia! That's an awesome combo (haven't tried it yet)! I started laughing when my friend said: "Why is Reshiram a support character?"

And now I know what you're talking about with the Down Y. I was wondering what the heck it was for, thanks!

My Pushmo Levels

Araquanid

@MasterWario: There isn't directional grabs, I meant that the grab input is basically like putting in overheat for instance.

Overheat is up+a, hex (the grab) is down+a. It's a grab that hits at a distance. I can show you if you want.

My Shinies

MasterWario

@MegaBeedrill: Oh whoops yeah hex, I guess I mis-read it. But actually, I thought there was directional grabs with Y+B, like Chandelure has the one animation where he stabs you and uses shadow ball, one where he spins his arms and some other one I can't remember. I have no idea if they make any difference or not.

My Pushmo Levels

Rumorlife

I had barely used any other fighters besides Chandelure but I started using Machamp and I really enjoy using him. He's not as weak as the CPU makes him seem, but I tried to use Gengar and his attacks were pretty weak, he could push a good trapping combo but his defense seemed naturally really low. Braixen is becoming more appealing now as well for some reason.

Rumorlife

MasterWario

@Dankykong: Yeah I thought Gengar was going to be more like Chandelure actually is. Gengar is instead like, some weird, sneaky hybrid of everything...with a bunch of powerful synergy attacks. I can't figure him out which makes him seem weak to me, but I'm sure there's some crazy good way to play him.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

Rumorlife

@MasterWario: Yeah the way they previewed him he seemed like he would be one of the strongest but he gives me no problem to beat and it's a bit weak to use.

I'm trying to figure out Braixen, still it seems so weak but the attacks are cool. I'll have to level it up I guess.

Rumorlife

Octane

I've only been using Blaziken so far, but I like his battle style. Too bad the battles with Mewtwo are scripted; because I could easily defeat him if I had the chance.

Octane

Rumorlife

One of my friends mains as Gardevoir, but I had friends over yesterday and we were playing with all of the Pokemon and they were like "Gardevoir... what is even going on?!"
Chandelure, Weavile and regular Mewtwo have kind of have trollish attacks. Guess it's good I'm decent with 2/3 of them. Mewtwo zooms in from a massive distance and the attack seems like a trick, like a homing attack you can avoid but you almost can't. Then the projectiles Chandelure sends out, if I send out a Will O Wisp followed by a Flame Burst, then another Will O Wisp, I've managed to trap 90% of the enemies in a combo and all the statuses are going down on the enemy. Weavile is just really fast usually and the Icicle Crash is really annoying.

Rumorlife

Grumblevolcano

@Undead_terror: It fixes Shadow Mewtwo's brokeness and some other stuff that haven't been detailed. Guessing changes will be like guessing changes with Smash updates.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.