Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 488

aresius

so people say wii u is a failure because there are not enough games and when they announce something more to increase the list of wii u game , people are not happy and say they should release just nx version?(the same is happening with zelda u people dont want it on wii u and still complaining there is no zelda on wii u ) something wrong with this world for sure , i am happy it;s coming to wii u because i will buy one until december the basic version + extra hard disk and i will enjoy the entire list of games include wii/n64 games because i never had a wii neither a n64 , this will be my first nintendo console and maybe more will come in the future

aresius

Aozz101x

my reaction to people react on it not coming to NX
Untitled
sign i guess you can't make everybody happy, can you
oh well i'm excited

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@NintendoFan64: Why should Nintendo keep the Wiiu alive for one more year? Why? Can't they make more profit with a new system if they do it right? Like having this game as a launch title for the NX? And the Wiiu is a failure well not to you guys,but to share holders? Oh definitely! They will compare the Wiiu sales to the Wii sales,and call it a failure. 50 million units sold to 10 million unit sold.I wonder what number they want? And before you say "The Wii was for casual! That's why it sold well!" They don't know that,they're people who don't know anything about gaming. So yeah this game could'ave helped the NX(or whatever it's going to be called) somewhat. But now it's going to the Wiiu damn shame in my opinion. But hey that's me! Don't let me ruin your hype for it!

@VeeFlamesNL: "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that it's coming to the Wii U" BigBabyPeach
@Blast "Took the words right out of my mouth." LMAO!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

BigBabyPeach

@VeeFlamesNL: I'm not whining, I said I'm glad that it's coming to the Wii U. Nintendo's financials affect all of us on this site, I thought we were Nintendo fans? The benefit I'm getting from a profitable Nintendo is that my favorite game developer will be around for a long time.
I'm no business expert, but a console Pokemon game is a guaranteed money maker and it's strange to see it wasted on a console that can't be saved - again, this is coming from a financial standpoint. As a fan I am really excited about this coming to Wii U and will be a 1st day buyer.

EDIT: @TwilightAngel: Thx for quoting that again! I love the Wii U, it's my favorite console of this generation.

Edited on by BigBabyPeach

BigBabyPeach

veeflames

@BigBabyPeach Fair enough, but the thing is, we don't even know what the NX is, much less when we can expect to play it. Right now, the Wii U exists, and whether it sells 2m or not, it's still getting games. What's wrong with Pokken Tournament, then?
And I do think if Nintendo play their cards right, they can squeeze some Wii U systems out of the game. Promote it like Splatoon, but even more aggressive.

Ah, what the heck? Be glad the game is coming to a console. Simple.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

19Robb92

TwilightAngel wrote:

Why should Nintendo keep the Wiiu alive for one more year? Why? Can't they make more profit with a new system if they do it right?

Why wouldn't they? The WiiU is profitable. Cutting support will only hurt the company commercially and dissatisfy people who bought the system. If companies just suddenly replaced products that sold bad there'd be no successful companies in this world because everyone would be bankrupt.

Not to mention, that "if" is a BIG if. What if NX isn't successful at all, or as 'successful' as the WiiU? Do you believe investors are willing to miss out on potential WiiU software sales just because Nintendo 'might' hit it off with the NX? That's a big risk, which I'm sure you know shareholders are not a fan of. If anything, shareholders would most likely be happy if Nintendo released this game for both WiiU and NX to maximize profit.

I also think you guys are overestimating the potential impact of this game. Home console Pokémon games are not system sellers, unlike their handheld counterparts. For example Pokémon Colosseum on GC has 2M lifetime sales while the handheld titles always reach +10M.

All in all, not releasing this game on WiiU would be a huge mistake from a financial standpoint. Not the other way around.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

NintendoFan64

@19Robb92 Thank you. Now, lets just drop this before things get ugly.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

PaperMario64

bezerker99 wrote:

@PaperMario64: Don't tell me what to do. I can have an opinion here.

Not really, if you don't like Pokemon this just isn't the thread for you buddy.

PaperMario64

Octane

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

They're hosting an invitational at Worlds with a bunch of legit FGC players. Even Justin Wong is there! Gamefreak is serious about making this competitive.

I don't believe Game Freak had anything to do with this game. Bandai Namco is the developer.

Octane

Retro_on_theGo

Octane wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

They're hosting an invitational at Worlds with a bunch of legit FGC players. Even Justin Wong is there! Gamefreak is serious about making this competitive.

I don't believe Game Freak had anything to do with this game. Bandai Namco is the developer.

Right, that makes more sense. I assumed Gamefreak at least had something to do with the invitational because it's being held at Pokemon World Championship.

NintendoFan64

So...what do you guys think the chances of a Pokken Tournament line of amiibos are?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Octane

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Octane wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Right, that makes more sense. I assumed Gamefreak at least had something to do with the invitational because it's being held at Pokemon World Championship.

Doesn't The Pokémon Company organise these things? Game Freak only develops the main Pokémon games, marketing and events are usually done by TPC.

Octane

DefHalan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

So...what do you guys think the chances of a Pokken Tournament line of amiibos are?

I would really like that actually but what would they do? Maybe work similar to Smash Bros Amiibo? Train and get stronger/smarter?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Storytime7

The invitational is coming up soon on stream:

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

DefHalan

Storytime7 wrote:

The invitational is coming up soon on stream:

Shoot, forgot that was this weekend... I am busy moving this weekend and next... dang it

(I was actually talking about Worlds... My brain isn't working right today )

Edited on by DefHalan

DefHalan

Nidorino should be a fighting in Pokken. That way people can do Nidorino vs Gengar.

PaperMario64

Octane wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The game is developed in collaboration with The Pokemon Company. As they are affilated with Game Freak it makes most sense they have a small part in this as well.

@bezerker99: I seriously hope they got better things to do...

PaperMario64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.