Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 121 to 140 of 15,210

Spoony_Tech

Kodeen wrote:

cookiex wrote:

To be fair Link has never been particularly masculine looking, especially in later games. I mean look at Hyrule Warriors:

Untitled

I saw a comment comparing this version of Link with Ellen Degeneres. I cannot unsee that now. Might ruin the game for me.

I won't let that ruin the game for me but I was thinking the same thing when I seen that picture.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Henmii

"It was quite to peaceful for my taste"

Lol! Aonuma said that was one of the Zelda elements, enemies appearing in a peacefull landscape. But what was so awesome about what they showed (even if it was more of a cutscene, though they said it wasn't pre-rendered), is the extremeness! Never did we saw a Zelda where such a heaven-like area gets shaken up with such a big and evil monster! Makes you think that IF there is a darkworld, that place may be pretty safe in contrast.

Henmii

cookiex

whodatninja wrote:

If this is indeed Zelda, and not Link, I would be very intrigued... This character does after all resemble Skyward Sword's Zelda a bit, who by the way was the best Zelda iteration since Tetra!

Incidentally, badass girls with bows are very popular nowadays...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plus a bunch from Game of Thrones

Badasses with bows in general are popular these days...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

New_3DaSh_XL

I think that regardless of whether or not it's Link, it's still the main protaganist. Arguably, if you believe such a thing, you could also say this character at least comes from the line of Links (not all Links are the same, and you may not believe in their all being related, but I'd say that he or she has still been picked to be the hero, if you know what I mean).

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Kewlan

I really hope they gender swap Link and Zelda. The official lore doesn't say that the Hero of Time is always a guy, right?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

iKhan

cookiex wrote:

C'mon no mention of Arrow?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

whodatninja

SanderEvers wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

If this is indeed Zelda, and not Link, I would be very intrigued... This character does after all resemble Skyward Sword's Zelda a bit, who by the way was the best Zelda iteration since Tetra!

Incidentally, badass girls with bows are very popular nowadays...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plus a bunch from Game of Thrones

You forgot about the most bad-ass girl out there in gameland:
Untitled

This ^ is still a young Lara Croft, so...

Oh right! How could I forget... I'm not the biggest Tomb Raider fan but that was a good game and a great Lara.
Gotta love the recent "girl with bow-and-arrow" trope! (love strong female characters in general)

Kewlan wrote:

I really hope they gender swap Link and Zelda. The official lore doesn't say that the Hero of Time is always a guy, right?

Here's hoping the next Hero of Time is a lady!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Jaz007

I personally hope they don't gender swap, I prefer Link as a male. He's been an extension of me in the game, I always change the name form Link too. So I can better project myself if he's a male, and plus, Link is just a male, it wouldn't be right if he was female, just like a male Samus would be wrong. And no I don't see that as sexist. Plus, if he was female and they changed him to male, they're would be a outcry at being sexist, but not if they make him female, then it's equality.

Jaz007

cookiex

iKhan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

C'mon no mention of Arrow?

Fine, here you go:

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Spoony_Tech

Kodeen wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I personally hope they don't gender swap, I prefer Link as a male. He's been an extension of me in the game, I always change the name form Link too. So I can better project myself if he's a male, and plus, Link is just a male, it wouldn't be right if he was female, just like a male Samus would be wrong. And no I don't see that as sexist. Plus, if he was female and they changed him to male, they're would be a outcry at being sexist, but not if they make him female, then it's equality.

But what you are effectively saying is that female players shouldn't be able to see Link as an extension of themselves.

Yes and I'm fine with that!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

cookiex

What if you could choose between a male and female Link?

cookiex

whodatninja

cookiex wrote:

What if you could choose between a male and female Link?

Assuming they still wont do voice acting (crosses fingers) it shouldn't be too hard to replace some text, a few letters...

Win-Win!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Yoshi

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap what gender the main character is? If it's a male, fine. If it's a female, I'm fine with that too. I just play the game and enjoy it for what it is.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Kewlan

Jaz007 wrote:

Remember that each Link in each game is a different Link, since several generations pass between the games, which means a gender swap would be possible.
But in Metroid, it's always the same Samus Aran, therefor a gender swap would indeed not work there.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

shingi_70

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

But what you are effectively saying is that female players shouldn't be able to see Link as an extension of themselves.

Yes and I'm fine with that!

Dat double standard gender bias. At the end of the day link is never set character and it wouldn't be crazy to see choose you gender.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jaz007

Kewlan wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Remember that each Link in each game is a different Link, since several generations pass between the games, which means a gender swap would be possible.
But in Metroid, it's always the same Samus Aran, therefor a gender swap would indeed not work there.

Well, you get what I mean. He always looks similar (barring toonlink, but that's different), so he has established himself as a character. He is Link, he is a male, he is blond, if you made his hair green that wouldn't be right either. He's always worked a male character, he feels like a guy with what character he's had. It wouldn't be right to change it.

Jaz007

Jazzer94

I now want Link to be a girl just to see how annoyed people get.
Untitled
Edit: Googling Link as a girl is not the best idea.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

jump

[quote=Jaz007]

Jaz007 wrote:

It wouldn't be right to change it.

I'm playing devil advocate, the vast majority of Links are different characters so change is part of who he is, also note you said it and not he:P

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

Jazzer94 wrote:

I now want Link to be a girl just to see how annoyed people get.
Untitled
Edit: Googling Link as a girl is not the best idea.

That's scary and I wouldn't like it. Just looks wrong to me!

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic