Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 101 to 120 of 15,210

Dreamsleep

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

I'm not a huge Zelda fan, but love the look of WW (never played it), and have only played TP (loved the wolf parts, but...just didn't grab me). However, this game looks insane, beautiful, and knowing it's a true open world game, like Skyrim...makes me very excited to finally get a WiiU to play it. Well, this and X is what make me want a WiiU...but yeah.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Kewlan

Dezzy wrote:

Lol, the same way 90% of anime males are NOT women.

Good one.
I'm still thinking it's a woman. MARK MY WORDS. Quote me on it!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Spoony_Tech

I can't believe the discussion in here has escalated to this point. Its a boy like said above, not a man or woman. Many male characters in anime are voiced by a woman as well, just look at my avatar for one of them.

Now that that's over with, let's get back to how pretty this game looks and I'm not talking about the main character. Need more screen shots as I want to now See how the dungeons are going to look. Will they be darker or more vibrant like the over world?

Also link without a sword isn't link. He needs a sword for this to be Zelda. However I wouldn't mind more bow action in my Zelda!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Many male characters in anime are voiced by a woman as well, just look at my avatar for one of them.

Romi Park voices teenage boys and young men better than most male seiyuu, heh.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Adam

Might be they don't want the gender to be obvious so anyone of either sex can name Link after his or herself, which would be neat. I don't think the character's identity is really important to me. I've always wanted Zelda to be playable, but if they make her playable by making her look just like Link and using his usual weapons, I don't see the point. I would imagine this is Link or a child of an existing Link.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

whodatninja

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

I think this trailer is Zelda dressed as Link and running away. Mulan Zelda maybe?

I'd play that... Coincidentally, I have thought about a Zelda game with a female Link. That would be pretty cool!

However, i still think this Link is a boy. 3D Link has gotten progressively more dainty as the years went on... Not there's anything wrong with that

BACK TO THE TRAILER! The trailer gave me some strong Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke vibes... DO WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

cookiex

To be fair Link has never been particularly masculine looking, especially in later games. I mean look at Hyrule Warriors:

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cookiex

Miss_Dark wrote:

I LOVE the art style!! and people please are you blind? this doesn't look like skyward swords okay

It does, kinda. Like if Wind Waker and Skyward Sword fused together.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Namco

It was quite to peaceful for my taste

Untitled
Link

Some explosions will do..

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Spoony_Tech

cookiex wrote:

To be fair Link has never been particularly masculine looking, especially in later games. I mean look at Hyrule Warriors:

Untitled

I'd argue he looks more like a woman in this picture so yeah point taken!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

cookiex

Sir_Anthony wrote:

It was quite to peaceful for my taste

Untitled
Link

Some explosions will do..

+1000 for Incredibles reference.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

CaviarMeths

It's cell-shaded and colourful. WW/SS comparisons are inevitable.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

“No one explicitly said that that was Link.” — Eiji Aonuma

jariw

whodatninja

cookiex wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I LOVE the art style!! and people please are you blind? this doesn't look like skyward swords okay

It does, kinda. Like if Wind Waker and Skyward Sword fused together.

Which makes it probably the best Link design in a long time! He oozes badass and elegance... Definitive bishounen!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Spoony_Tech

Here's what.scares me, will they give Link a voice this time? I hope not but Nintendo has been listening to the fan lately and if they think we want it it might happen. Didn't go over to well with Samus. Keep Link or whoever the main protagonist Is quite please!

MERG said:

whodatninja

If this is indeed Zelda, and not Link, I would be very intrigued... This character does after all resemble Skyward Sword's Zelda a bit, who by the way was the best Zelda iteration since Tetra!

Incidentally, badass girls with bows are very popular nowadays...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plus a bunch from Game of Thrones

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Jazzer94

So here is my plan guys I'm gonna download WWHD playthrough that then Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

cookiex

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Here's what.scares me, will they give Link a voice this time? I hope not but Nintendo has been listening to the fan lately and if they think we want it it might happen. Didn't go over to well with Samus. Keep Link or whoever the main protagonist Is quite please!

Even Hyrule Warriors is avoiding that so probably not.

cookiex

Jaz007

jariw wrote:

“No one explicitly said that that was Link.” — Eiji Aonuma

Honestly, this what I think of that. He's either referring to the fact you can name him in the game (when I think about it, I've never technically played as "Link" in a Zelda game.)
Or this

Dang it here. http://youtu.be/DjkevjQUPdU
The trololo guy. Whenever I put up a youtube video here it never works.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

erv

Zelda U comes around, link opens his mouth and…

...he sounds like toad.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic