Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 441 to 460 of 559

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

You can tell Xbox Division no longer has a blank check to write for things. I do think they will show some cool games at Gamescom and TGS.

I disagree. I think the Xbox Division has alotta money. Most people are actually wondering how Sony is even able to afford all the stuff they got going on when they are literally losing huge amounts of money each year. I'm not throwing a cheap at Sony at all. These guys are still doing a crazy good job.

Sony has literally bet everything on PS4. They are reinvesting their profits into the games, to sell Ps2 and Ps one unit numbers.

Final fantasy VII is allowed to be made after all this time, cause Sony allowed Square to make the game multiplatform. I PRAY THAT INCLUDES NX.

The game would have been to cost prohibitive one any one console only. I'm telling you, they are expecting Grand Theft Auto level of sales for FF7 Remake.

True, true. And its prolly gonna sell like freaking crazy.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

moomoo

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Not sure what to say...

The dream is dead, man.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I really would like clarification from Tantalus on this. Was the project cancelled?

If you can find a link to their website or email then please let me know. Its about time we figured this out once and for all.

Master of the Hype Train

jasonbrr

Well its almost official that ZombiU will be going multiplatform. It seems like its just going to be called Zombi. The australian review board has a game called Zombi by Ubisoft listed. Which also means it should be coming somewhat soon.
And still nothing on this AAA Wiiu game.

jasonbrr

Blast

jasonbrr wrote:

Well its almost official that ZombiU will be going multiplatform. It seems like its just going to be called Zombi. The australian review board has a game called Zombi by Ubisoft listed. Which also means it should be coming somewhat soon.

But.... Tantalus is porting a big, non Mature game to Wii U. Ubisoft doesn't have big, non Mature games. I still believe Ubisoft isn't behind this.

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

jasonbrr wrote:

Maybe they're porting the Zombi game from the Atari . Which for some reason has the same name.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

jump

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I really would like clarification from Tantalus on this. Was the project cancelled?

If you can find a link to their website or email then please let me know. Its about time we figured this out once and for all.

At this point, I wonder if it is being held for NX? Assuming that it comes next year. Sounds crazy, but there is precedent with Wii U launch and Arkham City.

I don't think Arkham City was gonna be released for the Wii...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I sent them an email asking if their unannounced Wii U port was still on track for 2015 release. I doubt they will answer, but you never know.

I hope this is that Final Fantasy 7 remake. Please!!!! And good job for taking charge!

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

I highly doubt it would be FF7. I doubt there's even anything made for that game aside from a handful of assets and that CGI trailer. Porting that would mean it was pretty far along. And we all know by the time it comes out, the Wii U will be dead and buried for years while the PS4 and One will be on their very last legs, knowing Square's development times.

TuVictus

luisesteban

Whitewatermoose wrote:

At this point, I wonder if it is being held for NX? Assuming that it comes next year.

NX, hardly would come out in 2016. They have say that would talk about it, but showing it, or released it; I think we are talking something at 2017.

luisesteban

CanisWolfred

Whitewatermoose wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Lol, agreed. We still haven't seen any new gameplay of FFXV or kingdom hearts III. If they even exist currently.

Either I teleported back in time, or you just woke up from a long cave nap...

I was referring to new gameplay

They both came out this week, it doesn't get much more new than that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KMaziuk

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I sent them an email asking if their unannounced Wii U port was still on track for 2015 release. I doubt they will answer, but you never know.

Has there been a response yet? I doubt that Tantalus would ignore it, even if they couldn't comment much on it yet.

Edited on by KMaziuk

NNID: KMaziuk
Twitter: KMaziuk

Dezzy

This really should've been announced by now

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MsJubilee

Anyone want to take a bet this port is going to the NX?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

iKhan

TwilightAngel wrote:

Nope. The whole idea of having a separate group port a game is because the hardware is difficult to program for. Unless Nintendo made the same mistake twice, and they have been working with 3rd parties for a while now on NX, I highly doubt this is the case.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

KMaziuk

iKhan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Nope. The whole idea of having a separate group port a game is because the hardware is difficult to program for. Unless Nintendo made the same mistake twice, and they have been working with 3rd parties for a while now on NX, I highly doubt this is the case.

Yeah, I also doubt that it's being moved to the NX. I also think it isn't coming out this year anymore either though, since if it were, Nintendo probably would have shown it off at E3.

Edited on by KMaziuk

NNID: KMaziuk
Twitter: KMaziuk

Dezzy

arronishere wrote:

TBH if I was them I would of ignored it too.

Why?

Dezzy

arronishere wrote:

Dear game making people,

What's going on with your game that you haven't announced, I demand to know for no specific reason.

Regards,
The Internet

That's definitely how it should be phrased! Still don't see why they wouldn't tell people though? They did say they were working on a Wii U game. They could at least let us know if it's still coming.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.