Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 421 to 440 of 559

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

Because being excited and hopeful is bad, right?

I think it often is, yes. Building things up too much often leads them to being disappointing whereas some of best experiences are the ones that you had no expectation for but managed to surprise you.

I don't know about you but I think my top 5 games of all time were all things that were doing something new that I was experiencing for the first time and had little-to-no knowledge about going in.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I would agree with you. I think we need a thread about our five favorite games of all time. Maybe not the best, but favorite.

We've got the top 10 thread in the other section that I started a while back. You can see my top 5 on there: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/what_are_your...
The only one that doesn't fit the "I was experiencing something new with no hype" is FF9. That just perfected everything old.

Blast

... A rumor is that Ubisoft is porting Zombi U to other platforms so that means... Ubisoft might be behind this.... Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not them!!! Anyone besides them!!!! Those guys haven't made anything worth playing in so long! If Ubisoft is behind this, then the game the Wii U is getting is almost guaranteed to be garbage!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Blast wrote:

... A rumor is that Ubisoft is porting Zombi U to other platforms so that means... Ubisoft might be behind this.... Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not them!!! Anyone besides them!!!! Those guys haven't made anything worth playing in so long! If Ubisoft is behind this, then the game the Wii U is getting is almost guaranteed to be garbage!

I am hoping that the Wii U game is a non Ubisoft game. Honestly, I don't even know what it could possibly be that isn't rated M. My only guess would be Rocksmith. But that shouldn't take two years to port. Or we can dream, lol BG&E2.

The only game Ubisoft can smile about is Rayman Legends. I think so many people are done with Assassins Creed.

Master of the Hype Train

jump

For all the anti-Ubisoft and I don't even want their game what if the game being ported is Beyond Good & Evil 2? Fits the big game that isn't mature bill.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

arronishere wrote:

For all the anti-Ubisoft and I don't even want their game what if the game being ported is Beyond Good & Evil 2? Fits the big game that isn't mature bill.

Yes, but this would require proof that Beyond Good and Evil 2 still exists.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

arronishere wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Yes, but this would require proof that Beyond Good and Evil 2 still exists.

The French director (I can't remember his name) has said he was working on it with a small team which could explain the game's long development cycle. Also didn't you just post in the Shin Megami Tensei Fire Emblem thread, which is another game that people thought was dead as it didn't have constant updates on it.

Yes, but the difference between 2 and 7 years is hard to ignore.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Is Resident Evil Zero a candidate for this? I can't remember all of the criteria we'd established.

That probably wouldn't be considered bigger than ME3 tbh. The fact that they stipulated that makes it really hard to imagine anything. Not much IS bigger than a Mass Effect game.

Edited on by Dezzy

Reznor52

Props to everyone predicting zombieu would be the wii u exclusive that'd be ported. I'm really crossing my fingers it's not a ubisoft game. I just don't see how it could be...... NO!!

Reznor52

CaPPa

Reznor52 wrote:

Props to everyone predicting zombieu would be the wii u exclusive that'd be ported. I'm really crossing my fingers it's not a ubisoft game. I just don't see how it could be...... NO!!

If it was a Ubisoft game, not M rated, then it could only be Rocksmith or The Crew. I'd rather it was Far Cry though as that's about the only really good Ubisoft game.

CaPPa

jasonbrr

Final Fantasy 7 remake? Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

jasonbrr

CaviarMeths

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Well, it comes to ps4 FIRST!!!! Meaning it's coming to something else, Xbox one most likely!

No, PC most likely.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jasonbrr

CaviarMeths wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Well, it comes to ps4 FIRST!!!! Meaning it's coming to something else, Xbox one most likely!

No, PC most likely.

Pretty sure they said console debut meaning it'll be on other consoles.
Just a few more hours to go.

jasonbrr

CaviarMeths

jasonbrr wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

No, PC most likely.

Pretty sure they said console debut meaning it'll be on other consoles.
Just a few more hours to go.

I'm almost certain that Sony is helping to fund this because a) it probably would have been announced at SE's conference instead and b) it most likely wouldn't even exist without outside funding.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Moms-Meowth

Be interesting to see what Nintendo bring to the table. Going to have to be something special after Sony's E3

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

VoodooTrumpet

Aside from the backwards compatibility (although most people I know sold their 360 games wgen they got an X1), I thought Microsoft had an incredibly underwhelming show. Sony's was good though - the Uncharted 4 footage was brilliant.

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

You can tell Xbox Division no longer has a blank check to write for things. I do think they will show some cool games at Gamescom and TGS.

I disagree. I think the Xbox Division has alotta money. Most people are actually wondering how Sony is even able to afford all the stuff they got going on when they are literally losing huge amounts of money each year. I'm not throwing a cheap at Sony at all. These guys are still doing a crazy good job.

Master of the Hype Train

Sherlock

i think it could be tomb raider

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

CaviarMeths

It's a port of the Steam version of Final Fantasy VII.

Blast

A small part of my heart is hoping that Tantalus is handling the Wii U port of a Kingdom Hearts: Collection.

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.