Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,481 to 9,500 of 27,917

Blast

Is it true that the director of Xenoblade Chronicles X tweeted about this? If so... then yeah.... Its SHULK.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MrWalkieTalkie

So one of the devs over at Monolith Soft retweeted Sakurais announcement of a new character on Monday. If this is anything like the past, Monolith Soft developers only retweet Nintendo's tweets about Directs and such when they're involved in some way. Shulk joins the battle?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

UGXwolf

I feel like I get completely ignored, sometimes. I'd prefer a condescending hate comment to total silence.

Also, Monolith should stop making things so obvious. LET ME BE SURPRISED, GUYS! stats hoping for multiple character reveals

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

Yuuuuuup. Its Shulk.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

UGXwolf wrote:

I feel like I get completely ignored, sometimes. I'd prefer a condescending hate comment to total silence.

Also, Monolith should stop making things so obvious. LET ME BE SURPRISED, GUYS! stats hoping for multiple character reveals

Its prolly gonna be a combo video of Shulk and another character in the video. But be rest assured... its SHULK.

Master of the Hype Train

Jazzer94

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Its prolly gonna be a combo video of Shulk and another character in the video. But be rest assured... its SHULK.

IDK it could be related to Xenoblade Chronicles X instead to help promote the game like how Melee had Marth.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

IDK it could be related to Xenoblade Chronicles X instead to help promote the game like how Melee had Marth.

Elma is the only noticeable named person from Xenoblade Chronicles X. She's joining Smash? NAH.... Its Shulk, my friend.

Master of the Hype Train

Jazzer94

@Blast The character doesn't have to be known to be included Marth is proof of that.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

cookiex

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Blast The character doesn't have to be known to be included Marth is proof of that.

Marth was well known in Japan...

cookiex

Blast

Jazzer94 wrote:

So Elma from XCX is gonna outweigh Shulk from XC? I just don't see it happening.

Master of the Hype Train

Jazzer94

Blast wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

So Elma from XCX is gonna outweigh Shulk from XC? I just don't see it happening.

Why are you so focused on Elma, I'm not saying Elma.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Jazzer94

cookiex wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Marth was well known in Japan...

I'm meant Roy sorry got them muddle up.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Pika2346

It's probably just because I've never played Xenoblade, but I'm not hyped at all for Shulk. It's not like he'll end up being good anyway, that sword looks insanely hefty, so he'll end up like Ike I'm guessing if he's a pure swordsman. Also what's with the mophead?

That being said, I'll probably end up picking up X for Wii U because of Shulk. Shameless self-promotion in your most popular game, eh Nintendo? Xd

Pika2346

Blast

Pika2346 wrote:

It's probably just because I've never played Xenoblade, but I'm not hyped at all for Shulk. It's not like he'll end up being good anyway, that sword looks insanely hefty, so he'll end up like Ike I'm guessing if he's a pure swordsman. Also what's with the mophead?

That being said, I'll probably end up picking up X for Wii U because of Shulk. Shameless self-promotion in your most popular game, eh Nintendo? Xd

Yeah... I'm pretty sure that if you played Xenoblade or even just knew substantial info about the game... you would like Shulk and would know why people like him. You would also understand the hype for XCX.

Master of the Hype Train

cookiex

If Shulk's inclusion in Smash Bros. increases the series' exposure, could they re-release Xenoblade so I can play it? Please?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

ShadJV

Pika2346 wrote:

Hefty? Like Ike? Yeah, considering you haven't played Xenoblade, you probably shouldn't make assumptions, as both Xenoblade's gameplay and the Monado's nature sorta goes against those assumptions. I'm honestly indifferent about Shulk, I love the series but don't care much for that particular character, but I won't lie, his moveset can be very original. And it seems pretty much a given he's appearing how, dangit I wanted a surprise!

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Blast

cookiex wrote:

If Shulk's inclusion in Smash Bros. increases the series' exposure, could they re-release Xenoblade so I can play it? Please?

XC included with XCX sounds very awesome but I doubt it.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic