Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,501 to 8,520 of 27,917

SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Currently reading the gematsu leak thread on smashboards. Very long but interesting read, though i hope we as a group don't engage in such heated arguments.

Nah, but if we did, then open all the windows, open all the freezers, and set your calenders to winter's biggest wrath of snow ;3

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

2Sang

[quote=Suicune]People have been throwing around potential Konami reps, but noone has mentioned Frogger. I think he is more iconic than Belmont or the Contra bros to the average person.[/quote

Yeah frogger would be great. However, it won't happen especially due to that dang frog pokemon that shouldn't have been in.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Currently reading the gematsu leak thread on smashboards. Very long but interesting read, though i hope we as a group don't engage in such heated arguments.

Are you kidding? I'm here, so it's too late for that. XD At least I won't hold a grudge over it, though.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

SCRAPPER392

Guys, we still need an Activision, Ubisoft, WB, EA, and Konami/Hudson rep

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

UGXwolf

SCAR392 wrote:

Spyro the Dragon, Rayman, Lego Guy, Sim Fighter, and Simon Belmont.

2Sang

SCAR392 wrote:

Rayman for ubi, bomberman for hudson, that's it unless you want to bring back snake.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

UGXwolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I was thinking Maxwell and Bomberman from WB and Konami, and I agree with Spyro, Sim guy/girl, and Rayman. I'm not sure if that would happen, but I wouldn't doubt that Nintendo has thought about it, at least once.

EDIT: Actually, I think Mr. Wright kinda counts as an EA rep. I don't recall if they put him back into the new game.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

UGXwolf

SCAR392 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I was thinking Maxwell and Bomberman from WB and Konami, and I agree with Spyro, Sim guy/girl, and Rayman. I'm not sure if that would happen, but I wouldn't doubt that Nintendo has thought about it, at least once.

EDIT: Actually, I think Mr. Wright kinda counts as an EA rep. I don't recall if they put him back into the new game.

I don't think there's any doubt that some of these have at least crossed that erratic mind of his, but I don't think he's given many of them any serious consideration. If Ubisoft hadn't let the Wii U down so many time already, Rayman would be a very likely candidate and I wouldn't say his chances are entirely slim, either. If there's another 3rd party rep, he's pretty high on the list of characters that it could be. Bomberman is possible, but given his utter lack of relevance to literally anything as of late (even as a gaming icon), I just can't see Sakurai going for it. Then again, Sakurai has gone for many things that don't seem to make any sense. Sim fighter is a joke and EA sealed their fate on this one, anyways. Maxwell? Oh, from Scribblenauts? I guess that could work. Moveset would be a bit weird, though. What do you do for powers when making a character that can literally do anything. The problem changes from "how much can you do with so little" to "how crazy can you make him?" And finally, Spyro... eh... if he were still prominent in Skylander's, maybe, but from the outside, it doesn't appear that Spyro has anything to do with the game, anymore.

On a side note, Nintendo should collab with about half of these people. They already did a collab with Ubisoft (now just do a better one) Paper Mario meets Scribblenauts! A new Spyro game developed by Nintendo!

WhiteNoise17

UGXwolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't think there's any doubt that some of these have at least crossed that erratic mind of his, but I don't think he's given many of them any serious consideration. If Ubisoft hadn't let the Wii U down so many time already, Rayman would be a very likely candidate and I wouldn't say his chances are entirely slim, either. If there's another 3rd party rep, he's pretty high on the list of characters that it could be. Bomberman is possible, but given his utter lack of relevance to literally anything as of late (even as a gaming icon), I just can't see Sakurai going for it. Then again, Sakurai has gone for many things that don't seem to make any sense. Sim fighter is a joke and EA sealed their fate on this one, anyways. Maxwell? Oh, from Scribblenauts? I guess that could work. Moveset would be a bit weird, though. What do you do for powers when making a character that can literally do anything. The problem changes from "how much can you do with so little" to "how crazy can you make him?" And finally, Spyro... eh... if he were still prominent in Skylander's, maybe, but from the outside, it doesn't appear that Spyro has anything to do with the game, anymore.

On a side note, Nintendo should collab with about half of these people. They already did a collab with Ubisoft (now just do a better one) Paper Mario meets Scribblenauts! A new Spyro game developed by Nintendo!

There is someone you all forgot to add or replace spyro with Crash Bandicoot would be way better for activision as a rep as he's actually important to his games and who knows if he's popular the we may actually get a crash game.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

IceClimbers

I doubt Snake is in the final roster, however, that doesn't mean he won't be included later via DLC. Only problem would be an amiibo figure for him - would Kojima agree to that?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Greninja would become OP suddenly if Crash were to be revealed for Smash from all of the Sony fanboy tears.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

@WhiteNoise17 I didn't forget Crash. I was originally going to include him, but then I realized that he hasn't had a good game since the PS1 and Activision is well aware of it. He essentially has no fanbase, at this point, classifying him as one of the best mascots to die from lack of fan base. Spyro would at least be recognizable to the chillin's

May_Nyan

There's never been a third party character from a non-japanese company.

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

WhiteNoise17

@UGXwolf Yeah thats pretty accurate actually, but still I feel that with mascots like Pac-Man, Sonic, and Mega man getting in a PS1 legend could help breathe some life in an original awesome franchise.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

May_Nyan

SCAR392 wrote:

He is back as an assist trophy, however Nintendo created and owns that character.
Also the SNES version of Simcity was developed and published by Nintendo, with licence from Maxis
and, EA didn't aquire Maxis, until 1997, long after the SNES release
Dr. Wright therefore has nothing to do with EA, and as previously said, is Nintendo's character anyway.

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

SCRAPPER392

May_Nyan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

He is back as an assist trophy, however Nintendo created and owns that character.
Also the SNES version of Simcity was developed and published by Nintendo, with licence from Maxis
and, EA didn't aquire Maxis, until 1997, long after the SNES release
Dr. Wright therefore has nothing to do with EA, and as previously said, is Nintendo's character anyway.

Nintendo may own the character, and EA may not have owned Maxis, but it still represents the Sim games a bit.

I would just think that the collaborations between Nintendo and 3rd parties are kind of a big deal for all parties involved. Like if Nintendo asked Ubisoft for Rayman to be in the game, or vice versa, would either one say no? The same goes for the other 3rd parties.
I have a feeling Activision wouldn't let Spyro into Smash Bros, because Nintendo didn't accept exclusive rights, but the other ones are kind of self explanatory. Amiibo is kind of competing against Skylanders and DI, so Skylander figures not being compatible with Smash Bros. would make the collaboration incomplete, IMO.

I don't know. I was just saying whatever, because other 3rd party characters do have reps like Rayman, Spyro, etc. It just seems like no one ever pays as much attention to other 3rd party entities outside of Japan as Smash Bros. characters, for whatever reason.

Maybe Microsoft will make a mash-up game, and we'll see them in that game

Qwest

KO-Cub

I never actually knew the answer. Does anyone remember the Jigglypuff and Ness leak a while back? Was that confirmed fake?

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

DefHalan

I like what they are doing with the Miis but worry how much extra time it is going to add to choosing a character

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

I like what they are doing with the Miis but worry how much extra time it is going to add to choosing a character

I imagine it's something you set up before hand. Like I want my Mii to be a Swordfighter while my sister sets hers to be a Gunner. Then we have our own separate customized set-ups. After all, Miis aren't the only characters with customizable movesets, and we didn't have any trouble with that at E3.

CaviarMeths

SCAR392 wrote:

Captain Price, Ezio, Batman, Commander Sheppard, and Pyramid Head confirmed.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic