Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,481 to 8,500 of 27,917

IceClimbers

So that third part of the Gematsu leak listed post-launch DLC.

Characters in DLC: Ridley, King K Rool, Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas. Troll face

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JunkosBoobies

IceClimbers wrote:

So that third part of the Gematsu leak listed post-launch DLC.

Characters in DLC: Ridley, King K Rool, Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas. Troll face

If this is true, I'd (sadly) pay just to have all these guys. Hope it's not and these guys are in from the start.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

UGXwolf

So according to the list above, the final smashes we still don't know belong to Peach, Diddy Kong, Palutena, King Dedede, Ike, Game & Watch, Mii Fighter, Pac-Man.

Before I start on the speculation, when did we learn Yoshi's Final Smash? I don't recall seeing it in Smash 4 and he wasn't at the tournament or E3, so I don't know how we know his Final Smash. Can someone fill me in, here?

Now then, I would like to start by saying that I can't imagine that Diddy, Dedede, or Game & Watch have changed Final Smashes, as there was nothing particularly wrong with them, in the first place. The only argument here is that if Waddle Dee (specifically Bandana Dee, who uses a speak) is joining, then that would be cause for Dedede's Final Smash to change. With that said, I imagine Bandana Dee to be a lot like Toad in that I see no reason for him to join. He's a generic representative of an entire species, and unlike Yoshi, he's not essentially OP in every way. In fact, you take out tons of these little guys in every Kirby game. So until I see that either Dedede's FS has changed or Bandana Dee has joined the fight, I will assume that neither of these have happened.

Now Ike is a case I can't really speculate on, as I don't play FE, but I, again, saw nothing wrong with his FS. That doesn't mean they won't change it for an FS more indicative of the Wii game so his redesign will make sense, but I'll let someone who actually knows what they're talking about do the speculating, here.

With Peach, I can really see it going either way. She had a good enough FS. Not too OP, but hardly useless. I've just always felt it was weird that they made up a FS when her emotion powers from Super Princess Peach seemed like such an easy place to draw from. Then again, maybe they were worried about offending any female players. I personally feel her FS is going to change like Luigi's did, but like I said, I can see this going either way.

Now for the new trio. Palutena has her Black Hole and Mega Laser that we saw in the trailer. While this may not be her FS, it certainly LOOKS like an FS. I'd wager the Black Hole is the activation move and the Mega Laser is the actual Final Smash.

Pac-man appears to have another good option in being able to turn into giant 2-D Pac-man. He did it in the trailer, just after being chased by Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man. I feel extremely certain this is his FS.

Miis will likely have three separate FS's. We already saw Mii Gunner's FS in the trailer. It looked a lot like the Zero Laser, but had two smaller beams circling around it. So let the real speculation begin. What could you guys see being the Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter's Final Smashes?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

To be honest, Mii Gunner's Final Smash reminded me of Orbitars from Kid Icarus Uprising. I could see Dedede's FS changing, but they didn't change Mario or Donkey Kong's, so who knows.

As for DLC, I'd pay to have more characters, even if I'm against it in principle. Temptation would be too strong.

Now, for the Lucas vs Ness thing in the Gematsu leak, this would have happened at the beginning of development, as Sakurai stated that the roster was decided upon from the beginning (not counting possible DLC).

IceClimbers

Oh, and as far as DLC goes, how would they make it work? It's already been confirmed that there will be amiibo figures for every character in the Smash 4 roster. Would Nintendo really tie DLC characters to amiibo figures? Or would they be available on the eShop without having to have the amiibo figure, and then have the amiibo figure as an optional way to put the character in the game?

MrWalkieTalkie

IceClimbers wrote:

Oh, and as far as DLC goes, how would they make it work? It's already been confirmed that there will be amiibo figures for every character in the Smash 4 roster. Would Nintendo really tie DLC characters to amiibo figures? Or would they be available on the eShop without having to have the amiibo figure, and then have the amiibo figure as an optional way to put the character in the game?

I was just thinking of this. If there were additional characters through DLC. I'd imagine Nintendo would give people 2 options.

1. If you aren't interested in amiibo figures, you can purchase characters on the eShop separately

2. If you are interested in amiibo figures, you can buy the figures of the DLC characters and when placed on the Gamepad, they will be unlocked without having to buy them separately. Sure, you'd be paying more by buying a figure instead of just buying the characters on the eShop, but you'll essentially be killing 2 birds with one stone by getting both the character and the figure at the price of just a figure.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SCRAPPER392

@MrWalkieTalkie
Well, depending on how much data can be held on the NFC figures, I kind of doubt you'd get the DLC straight off the figure. They would still have to include some sort of download code, unless these figures are indeed holding at least 250mb or some big number worth of data, which I don't think they will.

If the character data wasn't on the figure, but it still unlocked "DLC", that would mean they are selling on-disc "DLC", and we all know how poor of a business practice that is.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MrWalkieTalkie

Well I was thinking more along the lines that once the figure is scanned onto the Gamepad, it will detect it as a DLC character and will automatically lead to the eShop where it will download the DLC character for no additional charge. Again, this is just an idea.

UGXwolf

On that note, didn't Gematsu list Lucas as a DLC character? Yet he said just before that that they were arguing about whether to cut Lucas or Ness. No matter how you look at it, this involves some amount of assumption on somebody's part. In all honestly, I see no reason to think this is the same person that posted the original leak. In fact, how do we know for sure that the person who posted the second leak is the same as the original? It's not like Palutena was, in any way, a particularly hard guess, nor was "an X and Y Poke'mon." In fact, looking at the three leaks, I see this:

Leak 1: Full detail, specific characters, currently 100% confirmed, mostly characters that had strong arguments against or just seemed completely out of the blue

Leak 2: Four specific characters and one generalization, 40% confirmed, mostly safe characters with only one particularly out-of-the-blue suggestion

Leak 3: Talks about E3 plans, an argument over the roster, and seemingly contradicts itself? 33% confirmed

So what I'm seeing is that Leak #1 is entirely legit. Leak #2 is looking pretty good, but seems very off-tone, based on leak #1, and Leak #3 seems about as different as it can really get from the other two.

I see Smash Boards talking about the potential of the tipster getting canned and working with snippets, rumors, and outdated information. If the roster was really decided so early on, this would explain a lot. I'm still more than just a little wary of these leaks, ESPECIALLY leak 3.

SCRAPPER392

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Well I was thinking more along the lines that once the figure is scanned onto the Gamepad, it will detect it as a DLC character and will automatically lead to the eShop where it will download the DLC character for no additional charge. Again, this is just an idea.

I know. I was more or less thinking that NFC could be way to get DLC without the internet, which is when I came to the conclusion that these figures would need more memory to hold full out DLC.

Seeing as Skylanders can recognize character data, it might be able to hold DLC. Otherwise the access code being on the figure, which is then downloaded from the eShop, is the only other fair way. In the rare case that someone doesn't have internet, it could come in handy with DLC on the figure, though.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

IceClimbers

I believe that leak 1 and 2 were the same person. Leak 3 though.... Don't really know. Could be the same person who had outdated information. It's not clear as to when this whole Lucas vs Ness debate happened. May have been at the beginning of development, or a character might have to be cut due to technical reasons or time constraints, and they figured that Ness and Lucas were similar enough to combine into one character. Gematsu never listed Lucas as a DLC character.

Also that seems like the best way to go about DLC and amiibo figures. Tying DLC to amiibo figures without another option would not get a positive reaction at all.

Arminillo

People have been throwing around potential Konami reps, but noone has mentioned Frogger. I think he is more iconic than Belmont or the Contra bros to the average person.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Chouzetsu

Suicune wrote:

People have been throwing around potential Konami reps, but noone has mentioned Frogger. I think he is more iconic than Belmont or the Contra bros to the average person.

Brilliant! Dunno how his moveset would be though.

Chouzetsu

Shirma_Akayaku

Yoshi's Final Smash remained the same. I know I saw a video of it, but I need to find it first.
So far, all the veteran Final Smashes are the same, except Luigi's, Zero Suit Samus', Kirby's, and Pit's. I hope the other veterans, like Peach, get a new Final Smash.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MrWalkieTalkie

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

So why isn't Snake in SSB 3DS & Wii U? Because Kojima loathes Nintendo for being "kid-friendly". He has been pretty unfair with them lately, hasn't he?

Kojima says he'd love to see Snake come back, but he said he never received any licensing notice from Nintendo for use of the Metal Gear IP leaving him to believe Snake won't return. He says Sakurai has full freedom to add Snake if he wants to.

Joeynator3000

Chances are Snake isn't coming back, remember that Sakurai said the full roster was decided at the very beginning.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

UGXwolf

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

So why isn't Snake in SSB 3DS & Wii U? Because Kojima loathes Nintendo for being "kid-friendly". He has been pretty unfair with them lately, hasn't he?

Definitely not. Let me see if I can drudge up the interview for you.

Eh, this should cover it well enough. http://nintendoeverything.com/kojima-wants-snake-in-the-new-s...

Kojima has no intentions of shunning Nintendo for appealing to an audience he doesn't care for, and as I recall, he is still friends with Sakurai. Snake could return, but I wouldn't count on it.

DefHalan

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Chances are Snake isn't coming back, remember that Sakurai said the full roster was decided at the very beginning.

I don't remember that

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tsuchinoko

Currently reading the gematsu leak thread on smashboards. Very long but interesting read, though i hope we as a group don't engage in such heated arguments.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic