Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,521 to 8,540 of 27,917

KO-Cub

CaviarMeths wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Guys, we still need an Activision, Ubisoft, WB, EA, and Konami/Hudson rep

Captain Price, Ezio, Batman, Commander Sheppard, and Pyramid Head confirmed.

This reminds me that Microsoft should make a crossover like what Sony did. Just that it would be an birds eye veiw fighter this time and not a cheap knockoff of SSB.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

SCRAPPER392

MetalK9 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

This reminds me that Microsoft should make a crossover like what Sony did. Just that it would be an birds eye veiw fighter this time and not a cheap knockoff of SSB.

So in otherwords, Power Stone with Microsoft and some 3rd party characters.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I like what they are doing with the Miis but worry how much extra time it is going to add to choosing a character

I imagine it's something you set up before hand. Like I want my Mii to be a Swordfighter while my sister sets hers to be a Gunner. Then we have our own separate customized set-ups. After all, Miis aren't the only characters with customizable movesets, and we didn't have any trouble with that at E3.

But if my friend (who doesn't own Smash) comes over I have to wait 15-30 minutes while he sets up his Mii in the perfect way?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

So in otherwords, Power Stone with Microsoft and some 3rd party characters.

I want Power Stone 3 dammit Capcom that game was so much fun on PSP goes off to find it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I like what they are doing with the Miis but worry how much extra time it is going to add to choosing a character

I imagine it's something you set up before hand. Like I want my Mii to be a Swordfighter while my sister sets hers to be a Gunner. Then we have our own separate customized set-ups. After all, Miis aren't the only characters with customizable movesets, and we didn't have any trouble with that at E3.

But if my friend (who doesn't own Smash) comes over I have to wait 15-30 minutes while he sets up his Mii in the perfect way?

Yes. If this person is really your friend, letting them spend some time on customizing their Mii, for Smash Bros, shouldn't be a burden. It's not like it will be 15-30 minutes, everytime, unless your friend gets obsessed with changing his Mii.

Qwest

shingi_70

The worst part is Mii's won't be playable online. Honestly that kills like half the appeal to me.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

The worst part is Mii's won't be playable online. Honestly that kills like half the appeal to me.

Really?
I don't remember hearing that anywhere

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Yes. If this person is really your friend, letting them spend some time on customizing their Mii, for Smash Bros, shouldn't be a burden. It's not like it will be 15-30 minutes, everytime, unless your friend gets obsessed with changing his Mii.

So the day it comes out and I have some people over to play we have to spend 45-90 minutes setting up Miis before we get to play? I get it is a 1 time thing for each Mii but that is still a lot of time. I hope it is quicker than that.

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
It's up to you. If you don't want them to customize their characters, just let them do it after you've played afew rounds, or something. Even if it's the new Smash Bros, you'll have to go get some food and drinks, eventually. Let them do that while you're doing something else.

I know I'll be probably be playing a few rounds before I touch the Mii character customization screen. I'll get a feel for how the game works and has changed, then I'll make a Mii, but that will be after extensive playing. If they really want to play as Mii, maybe there's a random setup option.

Qwest

Azooooz

shingi_70 wrote:

You can use Mii Fighters when playing online with friends.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Shirma_Akayaku

Where's Palutena's Amiibo? I need to know if she goes commando or not.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jazzer94

shingi_70 wrote:

As others have said this is incorrect they can be used but only with friends.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MAN1AC

shingi_70 wrote:

I dont really have an issue with how they're handling it

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

UGXwolf

@DefHalen 1) We don't even know if Miis will be playable off the bat. 2) It's five choices between three options each. Choose your class, chophouse your specials. Done. Besides, are they really all gonna want to play Miis AND customize them, first?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

shingi_70 wrote:

In all honesty, how long do you think that would last? A month? Two? How long until a parent complains about their son fighting a penis? How long until Germany bans the game for its reincarnations of Hitler in online play? How long until law suits force Nintendo to remove Miis from online play all the same? Not long enough.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shingi_70

Didn't the Sony fighter do poorly because it didn't play to sony's strengths.

That Sony game should have been an odd ball JRPG featuring Sony characters.

A Microsoft game would be third or first person party shooter.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Kewlan

Rosalina wrote:

Where's Palutena's Amiibo? I need to know if she goes commando or not.

Yeah dude, and what about Peach, Zelda and Rosalina? It'd be legit interesting to know how they dealt with "that"... FOR SCIENTIFIC REASONS! Not any other way!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

Didn't the Sony fighter do poorly because it didn't play to sony's strengths.

That Sony game should have been an odd ball JRPG featuring Sony characters.

A Microsoft game would be third or first person party shooter.

I still agree with whoever said Playstation Allstars should've been a spiritual successor to Power Stone.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SparkOfSpirit

Simon Belmont, Ryu Hayabusa, Crono, and Bomberman, are the only third party characters left I could go for.

MetalK9 wrote:

I never actually knew the answer. Does anyone remember the Jigglypuff and Ness leak a while back? Was that confirmed fake?

It was fake.

They're gonna be in the game though. It's pretty obvious.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

IceClimbers

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Simon Belmont, Ryu Hayabusa, Crono, and Bomberman, are the only third party characters left I could go for.

MetalK9 wrote:

I never actually knew the answer. Does anyone remember the Jigglypuff and Ness leak a while back? Was that confirmed fake?

It was fake.

They're gonna be in the game though. It's pretty obvious.

Original 12 rule is moot according to the Gematsu leak.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic