Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 621 to 640 of 27,917

skywake

Untitled
hmm...

Best three on there would have to be Ghirahim, Megaman and Professor Layton..... I guess we'll just have to wait

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TheKingOfTown

shinpichu wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

You know who should be in the next Smash Bros.?

Mario.

NO WAY

HE'S TOO BLAND, AND HE'D JUST BE ANOTHER PERSON WHO PUNCHES THINGS

WE HAVE TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO PUNCH THINGS

I KNOW RIGHT WE NEED MORE FEMALES AND VILLAINS CUZ THEY'RE FEMALES AND VILLAINS AND ORIGINAL

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

theStyleWithin

shinpichu wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

You know who should be in the next Smash Bros.?

Mario.

NO WAY

HE'S TOO BLAND, AND HE'D JUST BE ANOTHER PERSON WHO PUNCHES THINGS

WE HAVE TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO PUNCH THINGS

Now ur just causing problems. Guns are an attachment punching is a common physical attribute. Why don't we just wipe the roster clean then so that SSB4 isn't even a game we can play ha! Did u kno there r ppl who think u should fight with a sword and not a gun cuz its fair? Ur up close in a persons face and u have to make more effort to kill them a gun u can kill in a blink of an eye and is not fair. I will say I'm fine if 2 gun users from Starfox stays. #1 would have to be Fox, and 2 Wolf because they always seem to want a villain to be in SSB4 from every series. So Wolf stays but Falco is a no no. If we were too illiminate a gun user it has to be him and replaced with a staff weilder being Krystal. Fox won't be holding a staff in the next SSB4 just because he was the only one using it for the most of Starfox adventures. It's not his weapon it belongs to Krystal! And iconically she has to have her staff 4 SSB4 in no other Starfox game besides Starfox Adventures did he ever have a staff! One more time he was only borrowing it. I do agree with you there are too many punchers. But I choose to careless, because punching is a common physical attribute. Guns, swords are attachments.

Edited on by theStyleWithin

First earth destroy the other planets later!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Exansion
Fire Emblem Awakening
Theatrerythm Final Fantasy
Darksiders 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2891-3100 | Nintendo Network ID: theStyleWithin

OdnetninAges

So, two things...

1. The whole Nintendo/SEGA partnership thing with Sonic The Hedgehog... I don't think this means that Sonic is guaranteed to be in the next Smash Bros. I've seen a few people across multiple sites think it is 100% confirmed, but... It's not. Granted, the possibility rose, but I still don't think it confirms anything for sure... I say if you want him in the next game keep your expectations low for now (like, pretend it's been confirmed to not be in the game), and you'll be happily surprised if I am wrong if they announce him returning during the Pre-e3 Nintendo Direct next month or later. If you don't want him in the next game, I say don't worry for now.

2. Smash Bros. to be shown at next e3 Nintendo Direct... Didn't we already know this? We already knew this... Again, it's more than likely screnshots, so keep your expectations low. However, I do hope they infact show off a trailer. I also hope they announce the official title for the game. (If it was actually called Super Smash Bros. Café, that'd be the... best thing ever...)

So...

Yeah.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Snagrio

I have a good guess as to what the official name will be based on a certain pattern. So first, let's look at the previous games. Smash 64 said it was a Melee of Nintendo characters (don't remember exactly what it said), Melee said the all-star Brawl is on, and finally, Brawl said Nintendo worlds Collide. So with all that taken into account, SSB4 might be called SSB Collide/Collision(s).

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shinpichu

WingedFish wrote:

I have a good guess as to what the official name will be based on a certain pattern. So first, let's look at the previous games. Smash 64 said it was a Melee of Nintendo characters (don't remember exactly what it said), Melee said the all-star Brawl is on, and finally, Brawl said Nintendo worlds Collide. So with all that taken into account, SSB4 might be called SSB Collide/Collision(s).

Interestin idea. Mind if I borrow it to share on other sites?

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

GuSolarFlare

they should put paper mario in! it would be like toon link and link but paper mario would have more interesting attacks and mario's most famous(and maybe only) weapon(power ups and suits don't count) the hammer!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Snagrio

shinpichu wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Interestin idea. Mind if I borrow it to share on other sites?

Sure, as long as you mention that I, WingedFish, had suggested said idea. /narrows eyes in suspicion

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

theStyleWithin

GustavoSF wrote:

they should put paper mario in! it would be like toon link and link but paper mario would have more interesting attacks and mario's most famous(and maybe only) weapon(power ups and suits don't count) the hammer!

I would luv too see Paper Mario in the next SSB but I have to wonder why Toad didn't make it in?

Edited on by theStyleWithin

First earth destroy the other planets later!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Exansion
Fire Emblem Awakening
Theatrerythm Final Fantasy
Darksiders 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2891-3100 | Nintendo Network ID: theStyleWithin

OdnetninAges

theStyleWithin wrote:

GustavoSF wrote:

I would luv too see Paper Mario in the next SSB but I have to wonder why Toad didn't make it in?

The development team probably thought that they already had enough Mario characters, and that Toad probably wouldn't really fit into the roster too well for some reason.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

My Anime List

shinpichu

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

1. Toad was already one of Peach's attacks.

So? Just replace the Toad in Peach's attack with Toadsworth if it's really that much of a problem.

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

2. They already had enough Mario characters. (Remember, this is a Nintendo All-Star fighting game, not just Mario.)

Define "enough." Remember, Brawl actually had fewer Mario characters than Melee.

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

3. Toad probably wouldn't really fit into the roster well.

I HAAAAAAAAATE it when people spout crap like this. Why wouldn't he fit? Is it because you think he can't fight? Because Toad has fought in the Mario games beforehand. It can't be his asthetic/design. Don't just say "he can't fit." Explain why you think he "can't fit."

TheKingOfTown

Yeah, the whole "can't fit" thing is stupid. ANYONE can fit in Smash Bros. Just look at Peach or Zelda. You never see them fight, but there they are, in the roster.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

OdnetninAges

@shinpichu @TheKingOfTown

Yes, you are both correct about the "can't fit" argument, but I said 'probably', as in maybe the developers might thought he wouldn't fit into the roster well for some reason. Perhaps I should clarify that in my last post...

I know that if Toad was in Brawl, they would have made him fit perfectly well along with the other characters. I don't know what his moveset would have been like, but that doesn't exactly mean he wouldn't work.

I still personally think that the next game doesn't need any more Mario characters, though. That's just my personal opinion. Although, I do think the idea of a Paper Mario is interesting.

And Toadsworth... Why not just keep it exactly as it is? Aren't there multiple Toads that look exactly alike? Actually, by that logic, the argument I made earlier about Toad already being one of Peach's attacks doesn't hold any weight at all then, so I was wrong about that too.

My Anime List

shinpichu

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I still personally think that the next game doesn't need any more Mario characters, though. That's just my personal opinion. Although, I do think the idea of a Paper Mario is interesting.

Technically no franchise needs any new characters. Still, It's not out of the question fro Mario to get a new character.

Prof3ssorMGW

Wouldn't be surprised if the Mario team got a new character, although I wouldn't be excited about it either.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

Late

Big-Daddy wrote:

How about they fix the blocking move so when you block for so long it DOESN'T BREAK AND MAKE YOU AN EASY TARGET FOR YOUR OPPONENT TO HIT YOU?

Who blocks for that long period of time? Never happens to me.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

shinpichu

Big-Daddy wrote:

How about they fix the blocking move so when you block for so long it DOESN'T BREAK AND MAKE YOU AN EASY TARGET FOR YOUR OPPONENT TO HIT YOU?

How is that a problem? That's done to keep you from just always blocking. You really shouldn't be blocking for that long anyway.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic