Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 601 to 620 of 27,917

theStyleWithin

shinpichu wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

@theStyleWithin
Falco is a "gun user"? You're taking a single move of a character and using it to completely define that character? Plus, all guns work exactly the same, right?

there are too many gun users or you broaden that a say shooters does that make u feel better? Look we get Link who shoots bows on arrows, Zelda casts fire balls of magic, Pit shoots laser arrows I guess, Wolf, Fox, Falco all shoots laser way more then we need I think! Do we really need 3 characters that do the same thing? Diddy t Kong shoots peanuts, Mario fireballs, who else shoots?

By that logic you should be complaining that there are too many characters that punch things. Jeez, I thought the people who complained about swords were bad...

Almost all the guns in Smash function completely differently. Fox's, Falco's, and Wolf's lasers, while superficially similar, have nothing in common in terms of actual funtionality.

Also, again, way to write off a character based on 1/17 of their moves. I bet you're one of those people that think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone, too.

Lucario isn't a Mewtwo clone. Thats y he's named Lucario. U kno what I possibly would have complained about characters who punch things but, punching is a common movie in most fighting tournaments whether its real life fighting or videogame fighting. The reason I have problems with their being too many gun users is cuz theres a lack of variety that comes with it. Sure I understand the functionality differences between each different gun user. But you can still constantly shoot at your opponent influcting damage while they are running at you. 3 characters who do that already is boring! I want Krystal cuz no one fights with a staff! That would b amazing to have a staff weilder in Smash bros. for the first time! Plus her staff can do a variety of things!

First earth destroy the other planets later!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Exansion
Fire Emblem Awakening
Theatrerythm Final Fantasy
Darksiders 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2891-3100 | Nintendo Network ID: theStyleWithin

theStyleWithin

whoops I meant move not movie! lol! I typing my comments with my Wii U guys so I got no autocorrect here. I'm bound to make a mistake!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

zoroarkrules25

astarisborn94 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I like that list but mewtwo and pichu could be considered veterans. Also evidence suggests pichu is in brawl but has replaced the old pikachu when it evolved. Mewtwo is likely because of his new form( forms?) Also geno has a better chance then most 3rd parties since sakurai likes classics, geno is a mario character, and that brawl seems to have had him at first but took him out.

• True, but I put them in there because of the fact they failed to appear in Brawl. Speaking of which, I forgot to put Dr. Mario in there, will need to re-edit my list.
  • What evidence suggest that Pichu replaced the old Pikachu? Why does it matter anyway since Pichu was ultimately cut from Brawl?
  • Geno had massive popularity during pre-Brawl and still has decent popularity to this day, but that's the only reason why he's even on it. Geno's main obstacle is having to worry about Square saying "no" to him in favor of another rep (which I don't see Sakurai accepting if he doesn't get Geno) and Geno being very unimportant. Would be a cool character, but he just barely made my list here.

I see your point and i know square can be a pain, also dr. mario should definitely come back. Bomberman has a decent chance of getting in.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

shinpichu

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

@theStyleWithin
Falco is a "gun user"? You're taking a single move of a character and using it to completely define that character? Plus, all guns work exactly the same, right?

there are too many gun users or you broaden that a say shooters does that make u feel better? Look we get Link who shoots bows on arrows, Zelda casts fire balls of magic, Pit shoots laser arrows I guess, Wolf, Fox, Falco all shoots laser way more then we need I think! Do we really need 3 characters that do the same thing? Diddy t Kong shoots peanuts, Mario fireballs, who else shoots?

By that logic you should be complaining that there are too many characters that punch things. Jeez, I thought the people who complained about swords were bad...

Almost all the guns in Smash function completely differently. Fox's, Falco's, and Wolf's lasers, while superficially similar, have nothing in common in terms of actual funtionality.

Also, again, way to write off a character based on 1/17 of their moves. I bet you're one of those people that think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone, too.

Lucario isn't a Mewtwo clone. Thats y he's named Lucario. U kno what I possibly would have complained about characters who punch things but, punching is a common movie in most fighting tournaments whether its real life fighting or videogame fighting. The reason I have problems with their being too many gun users is cuz theres a lack of variety that comes with it. Sure I understand the functionality differences between each different gun user. But you can still constantly shoot at your opponent influcting damage while they are running at you. 3 characters who do that already is boring! I want Krystal cuz no one fights with a staff! That would b amazing to have a staff weilder in Smash bros. for the first time! Plus her staff can do a variety of things!

Doesn't Fox's staff(which is where everyone thinks Krystal will get her staff moves from) also shoot things?

3/39 characters who use guns doesn't seem like such a bad number to me.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Yosh

SCAR392 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I agree bomberman would make sense, he is only on nintendo consoles after all.

He's been on more than just Nintendo systems.

sonic and solid snake have never been though, am I right

Bomberman has been on every nintendo system except the game and watch, and had tons of exclusives, sakurai's rule is that the third party character has to have had a game on a nintendo console, let a lone the many exclusives bomberman has had on N64, gamecube, and wii.

Yosh

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter:

theStyleWithin

shinpichu wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

@theStyleWithin

Doesn't Fox's staff(which is where everyone thinks Krystal will get her staff moves from) also shoot things?

Fox doesn't have a staff. In Starfox Adventure's he was borrowing it in order to save dinosaur planet and Krystal. While Krystal was ironically trapped inside of a crystal of course. She couldn't use it. But she took it back after Fox saved her. So Krystal should be the only staff weilder in SSB4!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

shinpichu

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

@theStyleWithin

Fox doesn't have a staff. In Starfox Adventure's he was borrowing it in order to save dinosaur planet and Krystal. While Krystal was ironically trapped inside of a crystal of course. She couldn't use it. But she took it back after Fox saved her. So Krystal should be the only staff weilder in SSB4!

I'm not advocating for Fox to become a staff user. Just pointning out that technically fox was the one who used the staff in SFA. Not that it would change much, seeing as Sakurai has given characters moves from other characters(i.e. most of Ness's attacks, Zelda's magic).

Snagrio

theStyleWithin wrote:

So Krystal should be the only staff weilder in SSB4!

Nope, not if Palutena gets in. As I, and everyone else who's played Kid Icarus: Uprising knows, she can be a fierce opponent when using her magical glowing staff of death. Besides, I'd rather have her instead of Krystal anyway; Starfox has enough reps as it is.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Happy_Mask

shinpichu wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Starfox has enough reps as it is.

Agreed. I'll never understand why Starfox managed to get more reps that Metroid, F-Zero, and Fire Emblem....

FE I understand, mostly because half of it's entire existence was japan only.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

Happy_Mask wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Starfox has enough reps as it is.

Agreed. I'll never understand why Starfox managed to get more reps that Metroid, F-Zero, and Fire Emblem....

FE I understand, mostly because half of it's entire existence was japan only.

Sad but true.

Snagrio

theStyleWithin

WingedFish wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

Nope, not if Palutena gets in. As I, and everyone else who's played Kid Icarus: Uprising knows, she can be a fierce opponent when using her magical glowing staff of death. Besides, I'd rather have her instead of Krystal anyway; Starfox has enough reps as it is.

Theres no point in putting Palutena in SSB4 just cuz shes popular, she doesn't even fight. It doesn't even make sense to put Viridi in just cuz shes popular. I would rather have Phosphora or Pyhron in SSB4 they make sense for fighters.

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

shinpichu

theStyleWithin wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

Theres no point in putting Palutena in SSB4 just cuz shes popular, she doesn't even fight. It doesn't even make sense to put Viridi in just cuz shes popular. I would rather have Phosphora or Pyhron in SSB4 they make sense for fighters.

Even if she never fought, neither did Zelda or ROB.

ItsFuzzyPickles

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I see your point and i know square can be a pain, also dr. mario should definitely come back. Bomberman has a decent chance of getting in.

It'd be great to see Bomberman, but unfortunately the franchise is not getting a rep. If we were to get anyone from Konami, they'll just bring back Snake.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

The most important additions character wise IMO, would be:
Krystal with staff
Little Mac
Saki
Mewtwo returning or replacing Lucario
A new Pokemon from the next gen X & Y
Pikmin character
Rosalina or Daisy(one of the princess)
King K. Rool
Samarai Goroh
A Golden Sun character
A bounty hunter from Metroid

3rd party:
Bomberman and Pommy
Pacman, Blinky, and Ms. Pac Man
Raiden and Liquid Ocelot(assuming Snake returns)
Tails and Knuckles(assuming Sonic returns)
Megaman, Protoman, and Bass(most unlikely, but these would be the only Capcom ones I would think)

Those are the main character additions I think woulld be in question. I just don't see a yarn Kirby, or any other type of clone of a character happening before a completely different character.
Maybe different costumes and color changes for teams for any costume. More customization in general, and changing faults where needed, like identical movesets of the Starfox characters.
New items, stages, the regular improvements.
That's all I can really think of.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

TheKingOfTown

theStyleWithin wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

@theyStyleWithin
You forgot Homer Simpson and SpongeBob

um... No I didn't. Who the hell would want Spongbob in Smash Bros all hes gonna b able to is laugh annoying while Donkey Kong uses him as a punching bag! I don't kno where ur getting by saying I forgot 2 characters I didn't bother to mention because why? I didn't mention them in the first place. Put them on your list don't go putting words into my mouth like I request Homer and Spongbob.

I didn't think you were serious. -_-

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

theStyleWithin

shinpichu wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

Actually ur wrong about Zelda she fights in Twilight Princess and in Ocarina of Time with a defensive cast spell!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

Captain_Balko

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

theStyleWithin wrote:

Actually ur wrong about Zelda she fights in Twilight Princess and in Ocarina of Time with a defensive cast spell!

A defensive spell can hardly be considered fighting... although I remember in Wind Waker she fired a bow at Ganondorf, but that isn't the Zelda that we are talking about.

Captain_Balko

Snagrio

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

You know who should be in the next Smash Bros.?

Mario.

Yes, I do hope he'll be in the next game.

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic