Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 641 to 660 of 14,533

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

641. Posted:

shinpichu wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I have a good guess as to what the official name will be based on a certain pattern. So first, let's look at the previous games. Smash 64 said it was a Melee of Nintendo characters (don't remember exactly what it said), Melee said the all-star Brawl is on, and finally, Brawl said Nintendo worlds Collide. So with all that taken into account, SSB4 might be called SSB Collide/Collision(s).

Interestin idea. Mind if I borrow it to share on other sites?

Sure, as long as you mention that I, WingedFish, had suggested said idea. /narrows eyes in suspicion

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

theStyleWithin

642. Posted:

GustavoSF wrote:

they should put paper mario in! it would be like toon link and link but paper mario would have more interesting attacks and mario's most famous(and maybe only) weapon(power ups and suits don't count) the hammer!

I would luv too see Paper Mario in the next SSB but I have to wonder why Toad didn't make it in?

Edited on by theStyleWithin

First earth destroy the other planets later!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Exansion
Fire Emblem Awakening
Theatrerythm Final Fantasy
Darksiders 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nintendoland
Neopets.com
Space Station Syllicon Valley
Star Wars Podracer (N64)

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2891-3100 | Nintendo Network ID: theStyleWithin

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

643. Posted:

theStyleWithin wrote:

GustavoSF wrote:

they should put paper mario in! it would be like toon link and link but paper mario would have more interesting attacks and mario's most famous(and maybe only) weapon(power ups and suits don't count) the hammer!

I would luv too see Paper Mario in the next SSB but I have to wonder why Toad didn't make it in?

The development team probably thought that they already had enough Mario characters, and that Toad probably wouldn't really fit into the roster too well for some reason.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, HASHTAG

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

Can't wait to use Lucina and Pac-Man in the new SSB.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Pinnacle of Human Achievement

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

644. Posted:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

1. Toad was already one of Peach's attacks.

So? Just replace the Toad in Peach's attack with Toadsworth if it's really that much of a problem.

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

2. They already had enough Mario characters. (Remember, this is a Nintendo All-Star fighting game, not just Mario.)

Define "enough." Remember, Brawl actually had fewer Mario characters than Melee.

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

3. Toad probably wouldn't really fit into the roster well.

I HAAAAAAAAATE it when people spout crap like this. Why wouldn't he fit? Is it because you think he can't fight? Because Toad has fought in the Mario games beforehand. It can't be his asthetic/design. Don't just say "he can't fit." Explain why you think he "can't fit."

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=51763efee4b0bd1609c69c04

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

645. Posted:

Yeah, the whole "can't fit" thing is stupid. ANYONE can fit in Smash Bros. Just look at Peach or Zelda. You never see them fight, but there they are, in the roster.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

646. Posted:

@shinpichu @TheKingOfTown

Yes, you are both correct about the "can't fit" argument, but I said 'probably', as in maybe the developers might thought he wouldn't fit into the roster well for some reason. Perhaps I should clarify that in my last post...

I know that if Toad was in Brawl, they would have made him fit perfectly well along with the other characters. I don't know what his moveset would have been like, but that doesn't exactly mean he wouldn't work.

I still personally think that the next game doesn't need any more Mario characters, though. That's just my personal opinion. Although, I do think the idea of a Paper Mario is interesting.

And Toadsworth... Why not just keep it exactly as it is? Aren't there multiple Toads that look exactly alike? Actually, by that logic, the argument I made earlier about Toad already being one of Peach's attacks doesn't hold any weight at all then, so I was wrong about that too.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, HASHTAG

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

Can't wait to use Lucina and Pac-Man in the new SSB.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Pinnacle of Human Achievement

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

647. Posted:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I still personally think that the next game doesn't need any more Mario characters, though. That's just my personal opinion. Although, I do think the idea of a Paper Mario is interesting.

Technically no franchise needs any new characters. Still, It's not out of the question fro Mario to get a new character.

AuthorMessage

Prof3ssorMGW

648. Posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Mario team got a new character, although I wouldn't be excited about it either.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage

CM30

649. Posted:

Whether I'd be excited about it depends on who the character is. Bowser Jr? Meh. Someone from an RPG? Eh, that's pretty cool!

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

650. Posted:

How about they fix the blocking move so when you block for so long it DOESN'T BREAK AND MAKE YOU AN EASY TARGET FOR YOUR OPPONENT TO HIT YOU?

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Late

651. Posted:

Big-Daddy wrote:

How about they fix the blocking move so when you block for so long it DOESN'T BREAK AND MAKE YOU AN EASY TARGET FOR YOUR OPPONENT TO HIT YOU?

Who blocks for that long period of time? Never happens to me.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

652. Posted:

Big-Daddy wrote:

How is that a problem? That's done to keep you from just always blocking. You really shouldn't be blocking for that long anyway.

AuthorMessage

NintendoDork

653. Posted:

I need more characters. There were a lot of people that did not make into brawl that I wanted so Im gonna make a quick little top ten characters i want for ssb4:
10: Little Mac
9: Ridley
8: Miis
7: Knuckles/ Tails
6: New pokemon x and y trainer
5: Yarn kirby
4: Paper Mario
3: Lance
2: Maxwell
1: Mega Man

Edited on by NintendoDork

NintendoDork

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

654. Posted:

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=3tkgn2ffap3yf...

A friend of mine (who made a previous poll that reached 2000 votes before, but had twenty-five characters) has created a new poll that consists of virtually every character someone wants to see. The poll has not only characters, but also stages, Assist Trophies and bosses available as well. First part is characters, the second part is stage and finally Assist Trophies and bosses.

Make sure to vote for who you want and not who you expect. This is a want poll, not an likelihood poll. You also only get one chance to vote, so vote wisely.

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

655. Posted:

Oooh, Shortie's new poll. :)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

656. Posted:

astarisborn94 wrote:

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=3tkgn2fap3yfc...

A friend of mine (who made a previous poll that reached 2000 votes before, but had twenty-five characters) has created a new poll that consists of virtually every character someone wants to see. The poll has not only characters, but also stages, Assist Trophies and bosses available as well. First part is characters, the second part is stage and finally Assist Trophies and bosses.

Make sure to vote for who you want and not who you expect. This is a want poll, not an likelihood poll. You also only get one chance to vote, so vote wisely.

Already voted. It's in my sig as well.

EDIT: Also, the link you've provided seems to be broken. The one in my sig should work though.

Edited on by shinpichu

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

657. Posted:

Got the link fixed so that people could vote.

The results as of 160 votes for newcomers and veterans can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-great-big-ssb4-poll-thread...

Note that these are subjected to change since the poll just started.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

658. Posted:

I'm rather surprised Roy has that many votes. In fact I've heard from someone on here before that Roy is among the top most wanted characters in Japan, at least at the time I was told so. Would sure like him back...

Mewtwo's demand is certainly unsuprising though. Hopefully if he is put back in they'll beef up him up overall since frankly, half of his moves sucked. Which is too bad because he has so much potential as an awesome character to use.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

659. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I'm rather surprised Roy has that many votes. In fact I've heard from someone on here before that Roy is among the top most wanted characters in Japan, at least at the time I was told so. Would sure like him back...

Mewtwo's demand is certainly unsuprising though. Hopefully if he is put back in they'll beef up him up overall since frankly, half of his moves sucked. Which is too bad because he has so much potential as an awesome character to use.

And you'd be right. ChronoBound (and to a lesser extent, ToiseofChoice) on Smashboards has made multiple observation on Japanese websites on characters that are wanted in Japan and Roy always comes up as either the most wanted or the second most wanted. Goes to show how much the Japanese wants Roy in.

Mewtwo has a good chance of receiving a considerable buff considering that his new form will be playable in one way or another. My hope is that Mewtwo's original form is kept with his new form being a transformation.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

660. Posted:

astarisborn94 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

And you'd be right. ChronoBound (and to a lesser extent, ToiseofChoice) on Smashboards has made multiple observation on Japanese websites on characters that are wanted in Japan and Roy always comes up as either the most wanted or the second most wanted. Goes to show how much the Japanese wants Roy in.

Mewtwo has a good chance of receiving a considerable buff considering that his new form will be playable in one way or another. My hope is that Mewtwo's original form is kept with his new form being a transformation.

Japan freaking rocks. Hopefully Sakurai sees the demand for that redhead of flaming sword awesomeness.

And I can easily see Mewtwo having a Zelda/Sheik thing going on with the new form.