Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,301 to 5,320 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Guys we get it. Can we leave the japan thing alone as its close to getting a little offensive

It's almost like racism.

Be careful now, you're confusing ethnicity and nationality. Clearly theres a lot more diversity in countries like France or the UK or the States, but anyone who has been to Japan knows there are immigrants and foreign-born permanent residents here.

Im curious about the Fire Emblem content. The 3DS stage is actually from one of the more boring looking stages, but as far as what happens in the story its actually quite important. Since its the first time that two of the most important characters in the game meet (Chrom and Lucina), its possible that both are in the game.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Maskeraid wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Chrom and Lucina meet in one of the first chapters, I think 1, it's the one with the burning forest and risen that was included in the demo.

Yes, in the cutscene, very briefly. But I'd say their first substantial meeting, i guess before he knew who she was, was at the arena. I guess thats my opinion .

SheldonRandoms

@Tsuchinoko Perhaps One of them can make it in, and the other could be a character swap.

@UGXwolf Lloyd is a good choice from Namco, but i'm still hoping for Dig Dug/Taizo Hori XD

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Perhaps One of them can make it in, and the other could be a character swap.

@UGXwolf Lloyd is a good choice from Namco, but i'm still hoping for Dig Dug/Taizo Hori XD

Character swap? Like the rumored diddy an dixie pairing? Honestly, I've really wanted a female FE rep, and Lucina is a great example of a strong female character, but because of the nature of their relationship and the story, i wouldnt mind it so much with them.

Adam

I would be okay with Lucina replacing Marth and having an alternate costume where she is pretending to be him.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Tsuchinoko

OdnetninAges wrote:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Adam wrote:

I would be okay with Lucina replacing Marth and having an alternate costume where she is pretending to be him.

This.

Im on board. She could both have her normal long haired sword master look, and the Marth imposter butterfly mask look

SomeBitTripFan

UGXwolf wrote:

Little Mac! A Western favorite for Smash with little to no Japanese following (according to Miiverse) was announced as a playable character! This means that Sakurai is considering the West at least as much as he is the Japanese fanbase.

Your argument was mostly sound (pretty much the exact thing I thought), but avoid making assumptions like the one above. This isn't indicative of all Japanese gamers and could very well have focused primarily on negative complaints to try and justify the idea that the Japanese are just as bad. I recommend actually observing the behavior across multiple sources to reach this conclusion.

Maskeraid wrote:

We don't need more swords from FE, there's so many other weapon types. I'd honestly like to see Micaiah over Chrom or Lucina, at least she has magic.

I have to agree with you here. Even if Micaiah was a terrible FE protagonist (blessed long range magic makes her a bit more likable). She'd add more to the Smash Roster than Chrom or Lucina. There are enough blue-haired swordsmans, and picking pretty much any other character than the main few from Awakening roster is going to start a war in that already unstable fanbase.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

LordJumpMad

Maskeraid wrote:

We don't need more swords from FE, there's so many other weapon types. I'd honestly like to see Micaiah over Chrom or Lucina, at least she has magic.

I would like to see Tiki
We need more dragon turning people in brawl.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Little Mac! A Western favorite for Smash with little to no Japanese following (according to Miiverse) was announced as a playable character! This means that Sakurai is considering the West at least as much as he is the Japanese fanbase.

Your argument was mostly sound (pretty much the exact thing I thought), but avoid making assumptions like the one above. This isn't indicative of all Japanese gamers and could very well have focused primarily on negative complaints to try and justify the idea that the Japanese are just as bad. I recommend actually observing the behavior across multiple sources to reach this conclusion.

To some degree, I went into the argument expecting to leave holes. Despite how much I want him, Lloyd is still not the most well-known Namco character. Even so, I said this after at least two sources. There was something posted earlier. It was a link to another website with a post about what the Japanese fanbase thinks about certain franchises and characters possibly coming to Smash. It said that they generally only bring up Little Mac to talk about his Western popularity. Of course, there are exceptions. THere are always exceptions, and it's possible that the poster was looking at a fairly biased source, himself.

Also, in that mix of negativity, there are a few positive comments like "he looks like he'll be fun" and "Yes! I was hoping for him!" and something like "Oh, cool. He had a lot of support from the West. Glad he could make it in."

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Adam

Lucina could pretty much just be Marth, making her not really a new character. I, too, would prefer to see a different class of unit represented if they add more FE characters. And it's not like they have any shortage from which to choose.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SheldonRandoms

Frederick would be overpowered, so include him please Sakurai XD

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Snagrio

It is curious. Little Mac had a stage that we've known about since the beginning (though granted disguised) and Rosalina had the Galaxy stage revealed sometime before her arrival, so I wonder if other stages mean anything in terms of unannounced characters? There's the Arena Ferox stage (Chrom and/or Lucina), Wii U Kid Icarus stage (Palutena), Pyrosphere stage (dare I say it, Ridley), and possibly more.

Of course basing characters reveals completely around stages isn't likely whatsoever, but still something to ponder.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

OdnetninAges

WingedSnagret wrote:

Of course basing characters reveals completely around stages isn't likely whatsoever

I don't know, I thought the same thing when people were like "OMG, ROSALINA CANFERMED!!!1!!" when the Galaxy stage was revealed...

I've still had my eye on that Arena Ferox stage, though...

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Pit-Stain

Any guesses on the 5th Zelda rep?

Pit-Stain

MrWalkieTalkie

WingedSnagret wrote:

It is curious. Little Mac had a stage that we've known about since the beginning (though granted disguised) and Rosalina had the Galaxy stage revealed sometime before her arrival, so I wonder if other stages mean anything in terms of unannounced characters? There's the Arena Ferox stage (Chrom and/or Lucina), Wii U Kid Icarus stage (Palutena), Pyrosphere stage (dare I say it, Ridley), and possibly more.

Of course basing characters reveals completely around stages isn't likely whatsoever, but still something to ponder.

We've also got:

A Find Mii II stage
Untitled

A Pilotwings stage
Untitled
heh, maybe Nester joins the battle now that Nintendo Power is dead.
Untitled

A Skyward Sword stage, although Link & Zelda's designs are still based mostly on Twilight Princess
Untitled

Also, there's a Pikmin 3 stage, yet there are still 0 signs of Rock & Winged Pikmin. Makes me wonder...
Untitled

And also, this Smash has the newest generation of Pokemon, but still no fighters to represent them, all Pokemon fighters so far are from older gens. Not saying there will probably be one (No Gen 6 Pokemon really stand out, except for the 3 starters). But I do feel we should get a fighter from the newer gens. So a Pokemon from Gen 5 would be cool too. Just really any new pokemon would be good.
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SheldonRandoms

Pit-Stain wrote:

Any guesses on the 5th Zelda rep?

Dark Link.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic