Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,321 to 5,340 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Theres a stage on the 3ds version that nobody can connect to any game yet. Theres only two pictures of it so far.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

SheldonRandoms

@Tsuchinoko You mean these?
Untitled
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Pit-Stain

@ShieldonRandoms I think the first stage is a DKC Returns 3D stage. The second one, like Sakurai stated, is a stage that appears in the story mode.

Pit-Stain

PloXyZeRO

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Theres a stage on the 3ds version that nobody can connect to any game yet. Theres only two pictures of it so far.

Which stage would that be?

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

DefHalan

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Pit-Stain wrote:

Any guesses on the 5th Zelda rep?

Dark Link.

Wasn't Dark Link in Brawl as a costume for Link?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tsuchinoko

Yeah those. Now that i look further they do look like storymode, but the art style doesnt look like anything else in the game.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MegaStoneSmash91

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Tsuchinoko You mean these?
Untitled
Untitled

The top picture could indeed be something Donkey Kong related. It has that jungle type look to it, for sure, but what's with the blue area near the bottom? It almost looks like the place Mario is jumping through is above another, or it could be that the ground is suspended in midair and that's the lower portion of the background. It also seems a bit long for a stage, not to say there haven't been stages like this. This small stretch of land seems like it would fit as a location in the Subspace Emissary. It has sort of a side-scroller feel to it, most likely because it continues off-screen as a roughly flat piece of terrain. The second picture is clearly something to do with the single-player game, as evidenced by Sakurai's comment on the picture. He wouldn't have shown a picture of a new stage and threw in a random comment about story mode instead of introducing the stage or mentioning it in some way.

@Kawaii_Neko I stated something similar regarding Mario's appearance. To me, his look is a bit more reminiscent of Melee than Brawl. I like the simplistic, more cartoony design and the brighter colors used in these games, as well.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

SheldonRandoms

Perhaps the first jungle changes into that other jungle later in the stage.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

DefHalan

Aren't Pics of the Day normally posted by now?

Must be a good one to take this long lol

Edited on by DefHalan

SheldonRandoms

@DefHalan Well, maybe not that good. Here it is!!!
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/super_smash_bros_3ds_r...

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

DefHalan

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@DefHalan Well, maybe not that good. Here it is!!!
Untitled
"Pic of the day. The twin grannies, Kotake and Koume, appear in Gerudo Valley! They're definitely up to no good."

I don't know, I think that is pretty cool

SheldonRandoms

@DestinyMan A woopsie is my Daisy, the error has been kicked out now.

FriedSquid

In regards to those two unidentified stages; I highly doubt they are normal, selectable stages used in 4-player battles, considering how Mario is the only one who appears to be standing. My guess is that they're part of some kind of story/adventure mode, likely one that's more similar to Melee's. Brawl's adventure mode had normal-looking, natural environments, nothing really special honestly. These, however, look less realistic, so I'm guessing they're areas based off Nintendo franchises, and could be part of an adventure mode like Melee's, where you explore Nintendo areas instead of how Subspace Emissary was. The second one could be Metroid related, as the strange plants in the background combined with the futuristic platforms reminds me of that. The top could be a Donkey Kong jungle, but I'm actually thinking something more like a forest from one of the more cartoon Zeldas. Whatever the case may be, I doubt these are normal stages, they could be parts of an adventure or classic mode if nothing else.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

2Sang

I'm very happy that the Kotake sisters are in, but I think they would have been better as an assist trophy.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Henmii

I wonder what kind of "new" things this game will have, compared to Brawl! I mean, we know that the trophy's are back and probably the stickers too! And I guess we can also bet on Hit the targets and achievements. But I hope there is also some cool new stuff!

Henmii

shinpichu

Pit-Stain wrote:

Any guesses on the 5th Zelda rep?

Toon Link.

No, really.

In order of inclusion:
1. Link
2. Zelda
3. Sheik
4. Ganondorf
5. Toon Link

(in all seriousless, can we just not have any new Zelda characters)

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

FriedSquid

Henmii wrote:

I wonder what kind of "new" things this game will have, compared to Brawl! I mean, we know that the trophy's are back and probably the stickers too! And I guess we can also bet on Hit the targets and achievements. But I hope there is also some cool new stuff!

I liked the stickers, but at the same time they seemed pointless. Trophies of course will return, and I hope the achievements do too. I highly doubt they will drop the Targets, but I hope that this time around they make the Target stages specific for each fighter, like in Melee. I had a lot of memories of playing each character in Targets and trying to learn how to play as them better. In Brawl it kinda ruined the fun as it was the same stage for every fighter, yet some seemed impossible for certain characters because none of it was specially designed to challenge each individual fighter, while some were too easy for characters like say, Ness. It was also lame that they have you items in the stages, which was mostly pointless.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

SheldonRandoms

Board the platforms should also make a comeback.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic