Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,121 to 5,140 of 27,917

SheldonRandoms

@SomeBitTripFan That's because they want to use new and original villains for DK and the crew, because if they kept using King K.Rool "Then people would wish that they would use a different villain, to spice things up!"

My all and all proof on this, the internet :I

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

DefHalan

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I'm pretty sure Nintendo still owns him, but they sure don't like to use him anymore.

I find this attitude funny. People complain about Nintendo not doing something new, Nintendo does something new and everyone then wants their old stuff. (Not directing this at you just quoting you for context)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SomeBitTripFan

DefHalan wrote:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I'm pretty sure Nintendo still owns him, but they sure don't like to use him anymore.

I find this attitude funny. People complain about Nintendo not doing something new, Nintendo does something new and everyone then wants their old stuff. (Not directing this at you just quoting you for context)

Trust me, do also. I'm not on the K. Rool bandwagon and was thinking the same thing. The Nintendo fanbase really just has a bunch of bandwagons like that. Ridley, K.Rool, Prime 4, F-ZeroStarFoxMother3, Majora's Mask HD, and the I-Whine-No-Matter-What-Nintendo-Does are the more vocal groups. Considering the fact that the biggest fad in the Nintendo fanbase is whining for X reason, it makes you wonder why they would listen sometimes.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

UGXwolf

The King K. Rool discussion is starting to hurt my head with all the misconceptions. @__@

Yes, Nintendo still owns rights to King K. Rool. The reason Nintendo doesn't own Geno is because Super Mario RPG isn't their own game OR franchise. It's Square Enix's game. The same would've held true for Krystal, but once added to a Star Fox game, she became part of the Star Fox franchise. Second, Nintendo has no say over the use of K. Rool in DKCR and DKCTF, as those games are being developed by Retro Studios, who--contrary to popular belief--are not a part of Nintendo and have creative freedom from Nintendo.

Now, if you want proof, just look at Brawl. K. Rool is a trophy. Do you honestly think Sakurai, Sora LTD, or Nintendo would've paid Microsoft for the rights to use him as a trophy, of all things? No. If they were gonna pay for it, it'd be bigger than that so as not to waste the money.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

kkslider5552000

SG9000 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

So, apparently the japanese want K. Rool? I kinda hope K. Rool joins, because I know someone who really wants him, haha. I want him to get his character. :I

I wouldnt say "The Japanese" want him. He is somewhat popular though yes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but deosn't Rare have copyright over K. Rool? And they don't seem to make games for Nintendo anymore (Wnat proof? Retro Studios make DK games now)

That wouldn't make any sense that Nintendo would let Rare own the copyright to the recurring bad guy from one of their own series.

That's why I was asking! Plus, they already did that in the past (Geno)

Other than Square leaving for the PS1 era, the main reason there's only 1 SMRPG is because I guess part of the collaboration was that Square owns the characters that have nothing to do with Mario from a copyright perspective (...or at least Geno and I assume Mallow and Culex) since I do remember Nintendo having to credit them for that cameo in Mario and Luigi. Obviously if Nintendo did that, I can't see them allowing that to happen for several games in a row and I wouldn't be surprised if in some way SMRPG was considered a one-off game in the first place.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tsuchinoko

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

So, apparently the japanese want K. Rool? I kinda hope K. Rool joins, because I know someone who really wants him, haha. I want him to get his character. :I

I wouldnt say "The Japanese" want him. He is somewhat popular though yes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but deosn't Rare have copyright over K. Rool? And they don't seem to make games for Nintendo anymore (Wnat proof? Retro Studios make DK games now)

That wouldn't make any sense that Nintendo would let Rare own the copyright to the recurring bad guy from one of their own series.

That's why I was asking! Plus, they already did that in the past (Geno)

Other than Square leaving for the PS1 era, the main reason there's only 1 SMRPG is because I guess part of the collaboration was that Square owns the characters that have nothing to do with Mario from a copyright perspective (...or at least Geno and I assume Mallow and Culex) since I do remember Nintendo having to credit them for that cameo in Mario and Luigi. Obviously if Nintendo did that, I can't see them allowing that to happen for several games in a row and I wouldn't be surprised if in some way SMRPG was considered a one-off game in the first place.

I do agree with this, though anyone who has played SMRPG would agree that if it became a franchise, it would have been a great one. They created such a fun and memorable game.

And i do resent the whole Mother 3 thing being a bandwagon. I could go of on a tangent about the many reasons why i love that game, why i connected emotionally with it, but it seems like im fighting a losing battle.

Edit: yes, i live in japan and own an actual copy of the game. I consider it to be one of the best written, deepest first party Nintendo games. It just suffers from bad timing and low exposure.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pit-Stain

So there are two versions. How are they different?

Pit-Stain

PaperLucario

Pit-Stain wrote:

So there are two versions. How are they different?

The only difference I spot is the floor design, PUNCH OUT instead of SMASH BROS on the scrolling background screen, and slightly brighter speakers on the Punch-out version. So just cosmetic stuff for now.

PaperLucario

MegaStoneSmash91

Perhaps the stage only changes when Little Mac is in the battle. When he's not, it's just the Smash Bros. version. Or maybe holding a button while selecting the stage will let you pick the other version of it.

I just noticed this, but Mario looks a lot more like he did in Melee. I can't quite put my finger on it, but he doesn't look like he did in Brawl. Maybe it's his stance, his height, his body language.....something.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

19Robb92

The shadows in that image look extremely weird. There's like 5 of them.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Aviator

19Robb92 wrote:

The shadows in that image look extremely weird. There's like 5 of them.

Because of multiple lighting sources.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SG9000

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Perhaps the stage only changes when Little Mac is in the battle. When he's not, it's just the Smash Bros. version. Or maybe holding a button while selecting the stage will let you pick the other version of it.

The second one is the most likely!

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Snagrio

It'll undoubtedly be like the mushroomy stage in Brawl where one of two levels would be randomly selected (unless you held down specific buttons). Only in this case the difference appears to be purely cosmetic.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DudeSean

1. Little Mac's meter goes up when he hits opponents.
2. The Boxing Ring is likely always going to be Punch-Out!! themed, but the screenshots of Diddy Kong were taken before they changed it for Little Mac's reveal.

Edit: Nevermind. Today's Miiverse post proved number 2 wrong. I'm surprised. It's not like any other stage changes depending on who's in it. Well, I guess the Spirit Train level in the 3DS version replaces Link with Alfonzo when Toon Link is in battle... I guess that could be a common feature in these new Smash Bros games. It sure is a weird thing to add, but okay.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DefHalan

DudeSean wrote:

1. Little Mac's meter goes up when he hits opponents.
2. The Boxing Ring is likely always going to be Punch-Out!! themed, but the screenshots of Diddy Kong were taken before they changed it for Little Mac's reveal.

Edit: Nevermind. Today's Miiverse post proved number 2 wrong. I'm surprised. It's not like any other stage changes depending on who's in it. Well, I guess the Spirit Train level in the 3DS version replaces Link with Alfonzo when Toon Link is in battle... I guess that could be a common feature in these new Smash Bros games. It sure is a weird thing to add, but okay.

But Little Mac isn't in the second picture, Sure he could just be out of frame but something tells me other wise. I am guessing it is just random which variation you get. (hopefully we can change it to one or the other in options or something)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DudeSean

Yeah, you guys are right. It probably is random. Still, it's very weird.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Orngeblu

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I just noticed this, but Mario looks a lot more like he did in Melee. I can't quite put my finger on it, but he doesn't look like he did in Brawl. Maybe it's his stance, his height, his body language.....something.

I think you just need to press and hold a certain button, like L or R much like they did with some stages in Brawl. :I

Also, I don't get the same impression from Mario.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

OdnetninAges

I'm not sure which one I like more. They both look pretty cool...

There's apparently a 3DS version of this stage too, but there's only 1 screenshot of it. I wonder if it also has two versions...

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Bigtime

Has been revealed how the ropes are going to act at all? Are they going to be like the bumper item or will you just go straight through them? Or maybe they will just act as a wall.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Bigtime

Ah sweet. Cant recall seeing that shot. What about when you are hit against them? I assume you'll just be sent flying back the way you came.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic