Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,101 to 5,120 of 27,917

Blast

shinpichu wrote:

Blast wrote:

I wonder what the Japanese fanbase for Super Smash Bros. want for the roster in this game?

There was this magazine poll done last year:
Untitled
There was another one done, and the results were different , but I can't find it. ;_;

Edit: Though this was apparently meant as a poll for popular VG/Nintendo characters in general and not specifically characters wanted for Smash 4.

@shinpichu !?!?!?!? Kirby beat Link?!?!? WOW!!! Hahahah

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shinpichu

@Blast
That isn't honestly that surprising. Zelda really isn't as popular in Japan as it is here(at least, as I understand it). I'm honestly more suprising that Link managed to beat Pikachu.

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Blast

shinpichu wrote:

@Blast
That isn't honestly that surprising. Zelda really isn't as popular in Japan as it is here(at least, as I understand it). I'm honestly more suprising that Link managed to beat Pikachu.

@shinpichu Interesting.... How did LUIGI BEAT PIKACHU?!

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shirma_Akayaku

TBH, I'm rooting for Palutena to join the game.
PALUTENA DESCENDS FROM THE HEAVENS!
At least that's how I see it...

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Tsuchinoko

shinpichu wrote:

@Blast

Thats a popular misconception. Zelda is very popular in japan. The problem is that zelda on home consoles hasn't been a big seller, while handheld zelda games do very well. Look at the sales for Link between worlds and the DS Zelda games. Before Brawl Toon Link was one of the most requested characters. That being said, yes, Kirby is very popular in japan. I wouldnt be surprised if he and link beat pikachu.

Im actually surprised that you would look at the data and say it points to zelda not being popular. Most people without knowledge of videogames would see a character at number four as proof that they are very popular, but many western gamers seem to really hold on to that. Let me as, if the same poll were given in an American or British magazine, and keep in mind this poll was not limited to Nintendo characters only, would Link come in fourth? Would Zelda be the top female character on the poll?

Anyway, its just like what I said before, Viridi is above Palutena. Also Chrom is above Ike and Marth.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pazzo-TheFool

@shinpichu Luigi Scored higher than Pikachu???? DANG!!!

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Tsuchinoko

I wish i could zoom in on that picture. I know it says Chrom, but i swear it looks like Lukina.

Its funny how the gap between the top three characters, Pit, Mario, and Kirby, is so close, it drops of a bit with Link at four, and then another big gap between where Link stands, and Luigi and pikachu.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

shinpichu

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I wish i could zoom in on that picture. I know it says Chrom, but i swear it looks like Lukina.

Do you mean the writing? Because the picture is definitely Chrom:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130407081644/fireemblem/...

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

SG9000

Rosalina wrote:

TBH, I'm rooting for Palutena to join the game.
PALUTENA DESCENDS FROM THE HEAVENS!
At least that's how I see it...

Great! Palutena would be an amazing newcomer for SSB4! And your tagline isn't that bad! PALUTENA UPRISES! was what I thought, but yours is actually better.

My character reveal prediction for March:
March 14 - Yoshi
Nintendo Direct - Palutena

Edited on by SG9000

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Pit-Stain

I hope we get a Nintendo Direct on the 23rd of March, because this date marks the second anniversary of Kid Icarus: Uprising and Palutena could be revealed in it..... I hope.

Pit-Stain

SG9000

Pit-Stain wrote:

I hope we get a Nintendo Direct on the 23rd of March, because this date marks the second anniversary of Kid Icarus: Uprising and Palutena could be revealed in it..... I hope.

Unlikely, since it is a Sunday and they never reveal anything anything on weekends, but March 21st (2 days before) seems a perfect date

SG9000

Tsuchinoko

Im thinking, at least at the rate we've had recently, there might be a reveal before March 14. Seems like a bit of a wait when the reveals for a while now have been two weeks apart.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

SG9000

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Im thinking, at least at the rate we've had recently, there might be a reveal before March 14. Seems like a bit of a wait when the reveals for a while now have been two weeks apart.

Diddy was revealed excatly ONE week after Little Mac........

SG9000

Tsuchinoko

Orngeblu wrote:

So, apparently the japanese want K. Rool? I kinda hope K. Rool joins, because I know someone who really wants him, haha. I want him to get his character. :I

I wouldnt say "The Japanese" want him. He is somewhat popular though yes.

Tsuchinoko

[quote=Tsuchinoko]

SG9000 wrote:

Diddy was revealed one week after Little Mac

Yeah there was that, but I'd say the average since Rosalina, since the middle of December, has been
About two. Unless its speeding up to one now. Either way there will be a reveal before the predicted Yoshi reveal on the 14th

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

SG9000

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

So, apparently the japanese want K. Rool? I kinda hope K. Rool joins, because I know someone who really wants him, haha. I want him to get his character. :I

Correct me if I'm wrong, but deosn't Rare have copyright over K. Rool? And they don't seem to make games for Nintendo anymore (Wnat proof? Retro Studios make DK games now)

SG9000

kkslider5552000

SG9000 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but deosn't Rare have copyright over K. Rool? And they don't seem to make games for Nintendo anymore (Wnat proof? Retro Studios make DK games now)

That wouldn't make any sense that Nintendo would let Rare own the copyright to the recurring bad guy from one of their own series.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SheldonRandoms

@SG9000 King K. Rool was in Mario Super Sluggers for the Wii, so maybe not (Or maybe they paid for him to be in the game, IDK)
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SG9000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

That wouldn't make any sense that Nintendo would let Rare own the copyright to the recurring bad guy from one of their own series.

That's why I was asking! Plus, they already did that in the past (Geno)

SG9000

SomeBitTripFan

I'm pretty sure Nintendo still owns him, but they sure don't like to use him anymore.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic