Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 501 to 520 of 27,917

Snagrio

I've thought about this lately, and Palutena seems like a very interesting character if she made it in. For those of you who've played Uprising, you should remember the variety of attacks she used in the game, which would be more then enough to make up a decent moveset. Also the fact that she uses a magical staff, a weapon that hasn't been seen in Smash as of yet, would put more on the table. Add all that to the fact that she would be another female Smasher (not to mention a new character from smaller franchise), and Palutena looks like a very viable possibility. The same things can be said of Medusa too, expect also adding the villain factor.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

luisesteban

Palutena, Medusa or Ades, could be great characters.

luisesteban

Prof3ssorMGW

As far as a Kid Icarus character is concerned, I think Palutena would be an excellent character w/ either Medusa or Magnus as an assist trophy (assuming assist trophies are in the next smash).

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

swordx

I'd love it if they replaced Snake and Sonic with Balloon Fighter and Isaac...

Edited on by swordx

swordx

ItsFuzzyPickles

swordx wrote:

That doesn't even make remote sense.

If we're going to have Balloon Fighter and Isaac, put them in with Snake and Sonic.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

OdnetninAges

astarisborn94 wrote:

swordx wrote:

If we're going to have Balloon Fighter and Isaac, put them in with Snake and Sonic.

If anything, Sonic and Snake will be replaced with two new third-party characters.

Or, the third party characters could disappear altogether.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Happy_Mask

I don't think they'll remove sonic and snake, it's kind of a deal everybody wins on. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SCRAPPER392

I'm thinking Pac Man and Blinky at least will make it in the gane, since Namco is helping out. I'd rather have no 3rd party characters in the game honestly, but Pac Man will be ok I think. Pac Man was in the arcade Mario Karts after all.
Sonic and Snake just seemed like fads, especially with none of the other characters from their games present. Tails, Knuckles, Raiden, Gray Fox, etc. other contenders being absent made Sonic and Snake's appearance less appealing.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

astarisborn94 wrote:

swordx wrote:

If anything, Sonic and Snake will be replaced with two new third-party characters.

Or, the third party characters could disappear altogether.

Spoken like a true conservative

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Snagrio

I personally am okay with Sonic, but Snake has always rubbed me the wrong way. He just doesn't look like he fits with the game whatsoever. As for more 3rd party, I'm down with the likes of Pac-Man and Mega Man. Those two seem to be the best (and most plausible) choices.

EDIT: And as long as Ike stays, Chrom and/or Lucina is added, and maybe Roy comes back (Marth is pretty much guaranteed to remain), I'm satisfied.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Arminillo

WingedFish wrote:

I personally am okay with Sonic, but Snake has always rubbed me the wrong way. He just doesn't look like he fits with the game whatsoever. As for more 3rd party, I'm down with the likes of Pac-Man and Mega Man. Those two seem to be the best (and most plausible) choices.

EDIT: And as long as Ike stays, Chrom and/or Lucina is added, and maybe Roy comes back (Marth is pretty much guaranteed to remain), I'm satisfied.

Snake doesn't fit but 2D Game and Watch is perfectly at home.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Jamouse

Suicune wrote:

Snake doesn't fit but 2D Game and Watch is perfectly at home.

Smash Bros. has always been a more comical, not-to-be-taken-seriously fighter. In my opinion, Game and Watch fits in perfectly with that theme.

While snake has is humorous points (cardboard box for instance) his whole run down veteran clone super soldier design just doesn't really fit.

WingedFish wrote:

And as long as Ike stays, Chrom and/or Lucina is added, and maybe Roy comes back (Marth is pretty much guaranteed to remain), I'm satisfied.

I suspect Marth will stay, but Ike will be replaced with Chrom.

Melee was released around the same time as Blinding Blade, and Brawl was realeased around the same time as the radiance games so I assume they will continue this trend and have Chrom.

Edited on by Jamouse

Jamouse

OdnetninAges

Am I the only one that actually thinks there WON'T be a trailer at E3 and it will just be, like, 4 screenshots (a la Super Mario 3D Land) like they have confirmed?

I mean, they COULD show a trailer, but it just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Snagrio

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

Am I the only one that actually thinks there WON'T be a trailer at E3 and it will just be, like, 4 screenshots (a la Super Mario 3D Land) like they have confirmed?

No you are not. While I do hope for a proper trailer, I also have the sneaking suspicion that, as you've said, there will be but a few tantalizing snapshots. But nonetheless, just seeing the official name alone will make my spirits soar.

Snagrio

ItsFuzzyPickles

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm thinking Pac Man and Blinky at least will make it in the gane, since Namco is helping out. I'd rather have no 3rd party characters in the game honestly, but Pac Man will be ok I think. Pac Man was in the arcade Mario Karts after all.
Sonic and Snake just seemed like fads, especially with none of the other characters from their games present. Tails, Knuckles, Raiden, Gray Fox, etc. other contenders being absent made Sonic and Snake's appearance less appealing.

We won't be getting two Namco characters, especially not from the same franchise. If Pac-Man makes it in as playable, it will just be him (and I even doubt him).

Sakurai has commented positively on Sonic and Snake's inclusion. It's not out of the realm of possibility to see them return.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

19Robb92

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I don't think so either. People are getting their expectations up way to high.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

SCRAPPER392

astarisborn94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

We won't be getting two Namco characters, especially not from the same franchise. If Pac-Man makes it in as playable, it will just be him (and I even doubt him).

Sakurai has commented positively on Sonic and Snake's inclusion. It's not out of the realm of possibility to see them return.

Well, if Snake and Sonic are coming back, then that basically confirms Pac-man. Either way, I'm more sure Pac-man will show up over the other 2.
It all depends on how Konami, Sega, and Namco feel about having their characters in the same game as a group. I'm sure they don't really care though. I don't think anything with Capcom is in the works, but we'll just have to wait and see...

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

19Robb92 wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I don't think so either. People are getting their expectations up way to high.

Well, tney did say some screenshots were in the works. If anything, there will be a good mention of the game and some info that will get people thinking about it. They announced the game last E3, it's not like they haven't made any progress.

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic