Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 481 to 500 of 27,917

BandG

the fact is that if two equally skilled players went head to head, the one with the "top tier character" would win

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

BandG

not necessarily top tier, but overpowered

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

SCRAPPER392

Blakerton wrote:

the fact is that if two equally skilled players went head to head, the one with the "top tier character" would win

If you consider any of the characters 'top tier', than yes. Luck plays a part in Smash Bros. fights if you haven't noticed.
I've beaten people playing as Jigglypuff that were just as challenging as when I play as Samus. It's more realizing what risks you can take. Donkey Konk or King Deedeedee don't fly away as easily as Jigglypuff, so you're more likely to run into a fight and go berserk. It's more the way you play than it is "they're just better".

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jeremyx7

Blakerton wrote:

Wrong, this is not a fact you are spewing out, but merely a presumption based on nothing other than your own made up ideals about why certain types of players win. Time and time again I've seen your quote proven wrong with people equally skilled beating each other with all characters from brawl all the time. Never the same results because in truth the game is very very well balanced for all types of play styles.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Snagrio

Kaeobais wrote:

Namco came out and said they think the current roster is about as much as they want. They'll simply remove and add some characters, and improve on the existing ones.

That sounds...boring...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Happy_Mask

Namco can't decide that, I think it was sakurai's job.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Ernest_The_Crab

@SCAR392 I kind of want to see Shulk in the game though. He could have status disorder based moveset (since his skills seem heavily oriented in that direction). He could also use the shield technique as some kind of counter (but it'd look cooler for one) with a larger range than most counters, no damage dealt back and a high knockback (though maybe balance it out with a shorter duration in which you can be hit).

Edited on by Ernest_The_Crab

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

SCRAPPER392

I think assist trophies are ok. It makes it possible for characters that aren't popular enough, but still are very important to make helpful cameos.
I wonder what the roster is very much so myself, but characters showing up with altered moves of an already existing character is ridiculous.
Mewtwo was way better than Lucario. If they want to add another Pokemon, I say bring back Mewtwo, and replace Lucario with a different Pokemon.
If they are going to have 2 Link characters, I say having the Skyward Sword one, and have a young Link from Majoras Mask that switch between a Zora, Goron, Deku, and Fierce Deity Link as his Final Smash. There's just so many incarnations that it's very hard to see who they will actually put in the game... I just don't want any BS in the game.
They think up these things very clearly, and make sure everything is top notch, so we shouldn't have to worry, especially with Namco being champs and helping out.

Qwest

Kaeobais

Happy_Mask wrote:

Namco can't decide that, I think it was sakurai's job.

Actually, I was wrong. Sakurai was actually the one who said it. http://www.screwattack.com/news/sakurai-feels-super-smash-bro...

That said, it's not definite. He just says he feels like they may have hit the limit, and should focus on quality now rather than quantity. Which kinda sucks, but at the same time may make for a better game overall.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

ItsFuzzyPickles

WingedFish wrote:

I seriously wonder what's going to happen in the Fire Emblem division. I think it's obvious that Marth will stay, but what about Ike? Will he be replaced by Chrom and/or Lucina or will they "coexist?" What about Roy? (Though I've about given up on the idea of him coming back).

Another thing I ponder is if Marth's voice will change to English, since he now has a Western game release. Not sure what I feel about that possibility...

I think we will see three Fire Emblem reps; those being Marth, Ike and Roy.

Ike will stay due to being the main Lord of FE9 and FE10 (Micaiah was second fiddle to Ike) and his massive popularity in Brawl. Not to mention that I think everyone from Brawl will be planned to return and I don't think Sakurai would want to cut anyone.

Roy is likely because he is among the Top 10 most wanted characters for Smash 4 (and according to Snakey/ChronoBound of GameFAQs/NeoGAF/Smashboards, the most wanted character in Japan, also highly requested in the West but to a lesser extent) and that he was planned for Brawl. I think Sakurai would be interested in bringing him back.

Kaeobais wrote:

Actually, I was wrong. Sakurai was actually the one who said it. http://www.screwattack.com/news/sakurai-feels-super-smash-bro...

That said, it's not definite. He just says he feels like they may have hit the limit, and should focus on quality now rather than quantity. Which kinda sucks, but at the same time may make for a better game overall.

I highly doubt that thirty-nine characters is the limit. Sakurai planned to have forty-six characters (maybe forty-seven if the Plusle & Minun rumor is true) in Brawl, but had to cut them (Roy and Mewtwo had victory files, making it likely that they were dropped due to time constraints). Plus when he said "we've reached the limit", he was probably referring to Smash 4's roster since I doubt he's for lots of cuts.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

zoroarkrules25

What plusle and minun rumor? The one where it said they originally planned to have them playable? If so i thought that was an actual fact.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Snagrio

@astarisborn94 Really? I knew that Roy is one that a lot of people want back (including me), but the most wanted character in Japan? If that's true, then his chances of returning don't seem as slim as I once thought. Wonder if he'll get an English voice like Marth possibly might. Hope he does and that they give him more personality. I don't know what he's like in his game, but I've always seen him as cocky (in a likeable way).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SCRAPPER392

@astarisborn94
Lucario and Mewtwo's movesets are too similar, but Mewtwo is better IMO. They probably ditched him in favor of a newer Pokemon to be more relevant. I wouldn't doubt the Plusle and Minun rumor, they were basically the new version of Pikachu and were popular 3rd gen. Everyone including myself wanted them on the game and TCG back in the day.
Any characters that are clone movesets are going to have to change though.
I'm thinking Toon Link will be replaced by a different Link from the past, than the cel one from Skyward Sword and the Wii U will show up as the adult Link.
Hopefully, the Starfox characters will get changed movesets.
If there's like 50 characters, that will be the best thing ever, with HD, surround sound, improved physics, more custom options, etc.

Qwest

Prof3ssorMGW

SCAR392 wrote:

@astarisborn94
Lucario and Mewtwo's movesets are too similar, but Mewtwo is better IMO.

Too bad Mewtwo was pretty bad in Melee & Lucario was good in Brawl. I would like to see Mewtwo return in Smash 4 as a top character this time.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

ItsFuzzyPickles

WingedFish wrote:

@astarisborn94 Really? I knew that Roy is one that a lot of people want back (including me), but the most wanted character in Japan? If that's true, then his chances of returning don't seem as slim as I once thought. Wonder if he'll get an English voice like Marth possibly might. Hope he does and that they give him more personality. I don't know what he's like in his game, but I've always seen him as cocky (in a likeable way).

Here's some Japanese stuffs.

"SCAR39s" wrote:

Lucario and Mewtwo's movesets are too similar, but Mewtwo is better IMO. They probably ditched him in favor of a newer Pokemon to be more relevant. I wouldn't doubt the Plusle and Minun rumor, they were basically the new version of Pikachu and were popular 3rd gen. Everyone including myself wanted them on the game and TCG back in the day.

- Remember that Mewtwo was planned to be in Brawl, so I doubt Mewtwo was ditched in favor of Lucario. It was likely due to time constraints anyway (theory suggest that Sonic was added so late, they had to push out Mewtwo and Roy to fit Sonic in). Also, Mewtwo and Lucario do not have similar move sets. Only share a few moves at best. They're less similar than Fox and Wolf.

As for the Plusle & Minun rumor, it could be true, but its also possible that it was files for the Random Box. We don't know for sure.

"SCAR392" wrote:

Any characters that are clone movesets are going to have to change though.

There will be changes in move sets, but as Brawl indicates, I wouldn't expect them to become entirely unique.

"SCAR392" wrote:

I'm thinking Toon Link will be replaced by a different Link from the past, than the cel one from Skyward Sword and the Wii U will show up as the adult Link.

And why is this? After all, Toon Link stars in a few major Zelda games and is a great representative of the Celda games. Young Link was likely replaced by Toon Link due to Young Link being too similar to Link.

"SCAR392" wrote:

Hopefully, the Starfox characters will get changed movesets.

Wolf might become completely unique thanks to having only five moves shared with Fox, but Falco will probably continue to be further lugified, but still share similarities with Fox.

"SCAR392" wrote:

If there's like 50 characters, that will be the best thing ever, with HD, surround sound, improved physics, more custom options, etc.

Seeing as each game has added at least twelve characters (Melee added fourteen, Brawl added eighteen), its very reasonable to expect us to get 50-55 characters (transformation included).

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

I thought Lucario was more similar to Mewtwo than Wolf to Fox.
Both psycic Pokemon that can talk, pretty much the same moves besides replacing confusion with counter. They would be considered clones if they were in the same game IMO.
I'd say a better comparison is Mario and Luigi, they have a few different moves, but are based off the same fighting style.
You just can't have some of the characters without the others though, which is where the game usually falls short. Sonic without Tails and Knuckles, or Snake without Raiden or Gray Fox, etc.
I feel like the 3rd party characters were just fads. Their appeal eventually wasn't there anymore IMO.

Qwest

ShadJV

SCAR392 wrote:

I thought Lucario was more similar to Mewtwo than Wolf to Fox.
Both psycic Pokemon that can talk, pretty much the same moves besides replacing confusion with counter. They would be considered clones if they were in the same game IMO.
I'd say a better comparison is Mario and Luigi, they have a few different moves, but are based off the same fighting style.
You just can't have some of the characters without the others though, which is where the game usually falls short. Sonic without Tails and Knuckles, or Snake without Raiden or Gray Fox, etc.
I feel like the 3rd party characters were just fads. Their appeal eventually wasn't there anymore IMO.

Um Lucario is not psychic, he's fighting and steel.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

SCRAPPER392

@ShadVJ
My mistake. I just saw his purple energy moves and just figured. I haven't played Pokemon hardcore since Ruby, Saphire, FireRed, and Leafgreen, so I don't really know anymore.

Qwest

gavn64

Better story mode i guess subspace emissary had the cutscenes but not the gameplay it was so bad

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic