Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 27,917

19Robb92

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, tney did say some screenshots were in the works. If anything, there will be a good mention of the game and some info that will get people thinking about it. They announced the game last E3, it's not like they haven't made any progress.

They actually announced the game 2011. It's also worth noting that they announced it quite long before they started developing it. Sakurai only started making SSB4 once Kid Icarus was finished, so they hadn't even begun working on SSB4 during the announcement of the game.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

SCRAPPER392

19Robb92 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, tney did say some screenshots were in the works. If anything, there will be a good mention of the game and some info that will get people thinking about it. They announced the game last E3, it's not like they haven't made any progress.

They actually announced the game 2011. It's also worth noting that they announced it quite long before they started developing it. Sakurai only started making SSB4 once Kid Icarus was finished, so they hadn't even begun working on SSB4 during the announcement of the game.

Ya, see. Even better, right?
EDIT: They probably had concept art and stuff though. That takes alot of time and is part of the development.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

19Robb92

SCAR392 wrote:

Sure, I'd love to see a trailer. And considering they have Namco's team behind them it should be possible, IMO. Development time should almost be cut in half. But since Iwata did say that we'd only get pictures of both versions during E3 I don't see the point in expecting more than that.

SCRAPPER392

19Robb92 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sure, I'd love to see a trailer. And considering they have Namco's team behind them it should be possible, IMO. Development time should almost be cut in half. But since Iwata did say that we'd only get pictures of both versions during E3 I don't see the point in expecting more than that.

I'm sure Namco is making the game even more awesome than if it was just Nintendo. I mean, none of it would exist without either of them probably, so I gotta give props for Namco being the champs they are for stepping up to help make this stuff happen. Nintendo probably asked them, but it no doubt halves the development time or adds twice as much.
I'm sure it will be great like always. Going HDless and such one gen for Nintendo consoles almost makes it unimaginable to think how Nintendo games would be in HD.

Qwest

19Robb92

I think a lot of the development time will depend on how different the WiiU & 3DS versions will be. If they're exactly the same, it shouldn't take all that long to develop it. If they're different, however, they are essentially making two different games for two different systems. That's going to increase development time quite a lot.

ItsFuzzyPickles

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, if Snake and Sonic are coming back, then that basically confirms Pac-man. Either way, I'm more sure Pac-man will show up over the other 2.
It all depends on how Konami, Sega, and Namco feel about having their characters in the same game as a group. I'm sure they don't really care though. I don't think anything with Capcom is in the works, but we'll just have to wait and see...

Sonic and Snake returning have no bearing on Pac-Man's odds. Sonic and Snake could return and Pac-Man could miss out; those three are not a package deal.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Snagrio

19Robb92 wrote:

I think a lot of the development time will depend on how different the WiiU & 3DS versions will be. If they're exactly the same, it shouldn't take all that long to develop it. If they're different, however, they are essentially making two different games for two different systems. That's going to increase development time quite a lot.

Especially when you put into account the fact that they plan to have cross-compatibility for the different versions between the two systems, which complicates things even more.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

ItsFuzzyPickles

DestinyMan wrote:

Honestly, I don't know if Snake and Sonic are going to stay. Snake will probably go, but Sonic is a mystery to me. Personally, I don't mind him staying, but while this game is as mysterious as you can get with a new game, the fate of those two characters is even more up in the air.

Guests are a difficult subject. We could see Sonic and Snake stay, both go, or one of them stay while the other gets cut. Given that Sakurai has commented very positively on their inclusion, though, I do think they'll return (along with us getting Mega Man).

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Kaeobais

astarisborn94 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Honestly, I don't know if Snake and Sonic are going to stay. Snake will probably go, but Sonic is a mystery to me. Personally, I don't mind him staying, but while this game is as mysterious as you can get with a new game, the fate of those two characters is even more up in the air.

Guests are a difficult subject. We could see Sonic and Snake stay, both go, or one of them stay while the other gets cut. Given that Sakurai has commented very positively on their inclusion, though, I do think they'll return (along with us getting Mega Man).

Mega Man's barely been in his own games recently, what makes you think there's any chance he'd be in Smash?

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

LzWinky

Well, the creators of both Sonic and Snake really wanted them in the series, so there's a chance that they'll stay

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ItsFuzzyPickles

"Kaeobais" wrote:

Mega Man's barely been in his own games recently, what makes you think there's any chance he'd be in Smash?

A combination of Mega Man being an icon, probably being the most wanted newcomer (not counting Mewtwo), some interest from Capcom of Japan and Mega Man in Smash 4 present (Yoshinori Ono has expressed interest in adding him in and so far, we haven't heard anything indicating that Capcom of Japan would be against it) and Sakurai noticing his popularity all the way back to pre-Melee time. If Sakurai were to go after any third-party character, I'm willing to bet on Mega Man.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Kaeobais

astarisborn94 wrote:

"Kaeobais" wrote:

A combination of Mega Man being an icon, probably being the most wanted newcomer (not counting Mewtwo), some interest from Capcom of Japan and Mega Man in Smash 4 present (Yoshinori Ono has expressed interest in adding him in and so far, we haven't heard anything indicating that Capcom of Japan would be against it) and Sakurai noticing his popularity all the way back to pre-Melee time. If Sakurai were to go after any third-party character, I'm willing to bet on Mega Man.

Perhaps. Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love for Mega Man to be in the next game, but I feel it's somewhat unlikely.

zoroarkrules25

Capcom was interested in making a fighting game like smash bros with nintendo so it's possible. I also saw somewhere that sakurai said there would be a capcom character in the game.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

ItsFuzzyPickles

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Capcom was interested in making a fighting game like smash bros with nintendo so it's possible. I also saw somewhere that sakurai said there would be a capcom character in the game.

Sakurai never said that a Capcom character would appear in the next game, but he did mention it as a possibility. But I will say that if we get a Capcom character, it'd be Mega Man.

ItsFuzzyPickles

zoroarkrules25

Ah maybe that is what i was reading the other day. i do agree though mega man would be best or bomberman.( he is capcom right?) I would love to play as him in smash bros.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

ItsFuzzyPickles

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Ah maybe that is what i was reading the other day. i do agree though mega man would be best or bomberman.( he is capcom right?) I would love to play as him in smash bros.

Bomberman is owned by Konami now.

I would also love to see Bomberman in the next Smash game. Unfortunately, Bomberman is dead and I don't think he's coming back, effectively killing whatever chance he may have (at least Capcom still acknowledge Mega Man's existence and don't seem to be opposed to having him in).

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Snagrio

astarisborn94 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I would also love to see Bomberman in the next Smash game. Unfortunately, Bomberman is dead and I don't think he's coming back, effectively killing whatever chance he may have (at least Capcom still acknowledge Mega Man's existence and don't seem to be opposed to having him in).

Then again Capcom hasn't really done much for Mega Man lately. Do I even need to bring up Legends 3 and the "anniversary" they gave him?

But back on topic, Mega Man most certainly is one of, if not the, best choice for another 3rd party character. The other would be Pac Man, and that's mostly because of Namco-Bandi helping with development.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SCRAPPER392

astarisborn94 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Bomberman was in Tetris Axis for 3DS, so he's not entirely dead. Besides, I'm sure we'll see a good Bomberman game in the eShop eventually.

Personally, I want Sonic to come back with Tails and Knuckles, Snake with Raiden and Gray Fox, Pac-man with Blinky and Ms. Pac-man, and Bomberman. Wario and Bomberman were in the same game once, Namco helps Nintendo out alot on their arcade games, and is also helping to dev this game, and Konami owns Bomberman AND Metal Gear Solid. Sega also helped with F-Zero and had Sonic in Super Smash Bros. already.
I would want Megaman, Protoman, Bass, and Roll, too, but they are already in some of the Capcom fighting games and Capcom would rather have them in their own games than a guest on another game I would assume.

If anything, I would have expected Bomberman before Snake.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Kaeobais

SCAR392 wrote:

Personally, I want Sonic to come back with Tails and Knuckles, Snake with Raiden and Gray Fox, Pac-man with Blinky and Ms. Pac-man, and Bomberman. Wario and Bomberman were in the same game once, Namco helps Nintendo out alot on their arcade games, and is also helping to dev this game, and Konami owns Bomberman AND Metal Gear Solid. Sega also helped with F-Zero and had Sonic in Super Smash Bros. already.
I would want Megaman, Protoman, Bass, and Roll, too, but they are already in some of the Capcom fighting games and Capcom would rather have them in their own games than a guest on another game I would assume.

No, we don't need more Sonic and Metal Gear characters. Having Sonic and Snake is good enough. And Pac-Man is the only character who Namco should add. Ms Pac-Man would just be a clone, and the ghosts don't really make sense. If Mega Man is added, it'll just be him. We really don't need a whole bunch of characters from each company.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic