Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 8,004

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

521. Posted:

I'm thinking Pac Man and Blinky at least will make it in the gane, since Namco is helping out. I'd rather have no 3rd party characters in the game honestly, but Pac Man will be ok I think. Pac Man was in the arcade Mario Karts after all.
Sonic and Snake just seemed like fads, especially with none of the other characters from their games present. Tails, Knuckles, Raiden, Gray Fox, etc. other contenders being absent made Sonic and Snake's appearance less appealing.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

522. Posted:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

astarisborn94 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I'd love it if they replaced Snake and Sonic with Balloon Fighter and Isaac...

That doesn't even make remote sense.

If we're going to have Balloon Fighter and Isaac, put them in with Snake and Sonic.

If anything, Sonic and Snake will be replaced with two new third-party characters.

Or, the third party characters could disappear altogether.

Spoken like a true conservative ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

523. Posted:

I personally am okay with Sonic, but Snake has always rubbed me the wrong way. He just doesn't look like he fits with the game whatsoever. As for more 3rd party, I'm down with the likes of Pac-Man and Mega Man. Those two seem to be the best (and most plausible) choices.

EDIT: And as long as Ike stays, Chrom and/or Lucina is added, and maybe Roy comes back (Marth is pretty much guaranteed to remain), I'm satisfied.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Suicune

524. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I personally am okay with Sonic, but Snake has always rubbed me the wrong way. He just doesn't look like he fits with the game whatsoever. As for more 3rd party, I'm down with the likes of Pac-Man and Mega Man. Those two seem to be the best (and most plausible) choices.

EDIT: And as long as Ike stays, Chrom and/or Lucina is added, and maybe Roy comes back (Marth is pretty much guaranteed to remain), I'm satisfied.

Snake doesn't fit but 2D Game and Watch is perfectly at home.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

525. Posted:

Suicune wrote:

Snake doesn't fit but 2D Game and Watch is perfectly at home.

Smash Bros. has always been a more comical, not-to-be-taken-seriously fighter. In my opinion, Game and Watch fits in perfectly with that theme.

While snake has is humorous points (cardboard box for instance) his whole run down veteran clone super soldier design just doesn't really fit.

WingedFish wrote:

And as long as Ike stays, Chrom and/or Lucina is added, and maybe Roy comes back (Marth is pretty much guaranteed to remain), I'm satisfied.

I suspect Marth will stay, but Ike will be replaced with Chrom.

Melee was released around the same time as Blinding Blade, and Brawl was realeased around the same time as the radiance games so I assume they will continue this trend and have Chrom.

Edited on by Jamouse

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

526. Posted:

Am I the only one that actually thinks there WON'T be a trailer at E3 and it will just be, like, 4 screenshots (a la Super Mario 3D Land) like they have confirmed?

I mean, they COULD show a trailer, but it just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

527. Posted:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

Am I the only one that actually thinks there WON'T be a trailer at E3 and it will just be, like, 4 screenshots (a la Super Mario 3D Land) like they have confirmed?

No you are not. While I do hope for a proper trailer, I also have the sneaking suspicion that, as you've said, there will be but a few tantalizing snapshots. But nonetheless, just seeing the official name alone will make my spirits soar. :)

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

528. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm thinking Pac Man and Blinky at least will make it in the gane, since Namco is helping out. I'd rather have no 3rd party characters in the game honestly, but Pac Man will be ok I think. Pac Man was in the arcade Mario Karts after all.
Sonic and Snake just seemed like fads, especially with none of the other characters from their games present. Tails, Knuckles, Raiden, Gray Fox, etc. other contenders being absent made Sonic and Snake's appearance less appealing.

We won't be getting two Namco characters, especially not from the same franchise. If Pac-Man makes it in as playable, it will just be him (and I even doubt him).

Sakurai has commented positively on Sonic and Snake's inclusion. It's not out of the realm of possibility to see them return.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

529. Posted:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I don't think so either. People are getting their expectations up way to high.

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

530. Posted:

astarisborn94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

We won't be getting two Namco characters, especially not from the same franchise. If Pac-Man makes it in as playable, it will just be him (and I even doubt him).

Sakurai has commented positively on Sonic and Snake's inclusion. It's not out of the realm of possibility to see them return.

Well, if Snake and Sonic are coming back, then that basically confirms Pac-man. Either way, I'm more sure Pac-man will show up over the other 2.
It all depends on how Konami, Sega, and Namco feel about having their characters in the same game as a group. I'm sure they don't really care though. I don't think anything with Capcom is in the works, but we'll just have to wait and see...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

531. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I don't think so either. People are getting their expectations up way to high.

Well, tney did say some screenshots were in the works. If anything, there will be a good mention of the game and some info that will get people thinking about it. They announced the game last E3, it's not like they haven't made any progress.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

532. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, tney did say some screenshots were in the works. If anything, there will be a good mention of the game and some info that will get people thinking about it. They announced the game last E3, it's not like they haven't made any progress.

They actually announced the game 2011. It's also worth noting that they announced it quite long before they started developing it. Sakurai only started making SSB4 once Kid Icarus was finished, so they hadn't even begun working on SSB4 during the announcement of the game.

Edited on by 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

533. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They actually announced the game 2011. It's also worth noting that they announced it quite long before they started developing it. Sakurai only started making SSB4 once Kid Icarus was finished, so they hadn't even begun working on SSB4 during the announcement of the game.

Ya, see. Even better, right?
EDIT: They probably had concept art and stuff though. That takes alot of time and is part of the development.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

534. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sure, I'd love to see a trailer. And considering they have Namco's team behind them it should be possible, IMO. Development time should almost be cut in half. But since Iwata did say that we'd only get pictures of both versions during E3 I don't see the point in expecting more than that.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

535. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sure, I'd love to see a trailer. And considering they have Namco's team behind them it should be possible, IMO. Development time should almost be cut in half. But since Iwata did say that we'd only get pictures of both versions during E3 I don't see the point in expecting more than that.

I'm sure Namco is making the game even more awesome than if it was just Nintendo. I mean, none of it would exist without either of them probably, so I gotta give props for Namco being the champs they are for stepping up to help make this stuff happen. Nintendo probably asked them, but it no doubt halves the development time or adds twice as much.
I'm sure it will be great like always. Going HDless and such one gen for Nintendo consoles almost makes it unimaginable to think how Nintendo games would be in HD.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

536. Posted:

I think a lot of the development time will depend on how different the WiiU & 3DS versions will be. If they're exactly the same, it shouldn't take all that long to develop it. If they're different, however, they are essentially making two different games for two different systems. That's going to increase development time quite a lot.

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

537. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, if Snake and Sonic are coming back, then that basically confirms Pac-man. Either way, I'm more sure Pac-man will show up over the other 2.
It all depends on how Konami, Sega, and Namco feel about having their characters in the same game as a group. I'm sure they don't really care though. I don't think anything with Capcom is in the works, but we'll just have to wait and see...

Sonic and Snake returning have no bearing on Pac-Man's odds. Sonic and Snake could return and Pac-Man could miss out; those three are not a package deal.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

538. Posted:

Honestly, I don't know if Snake and Sonic are going to stay. Snake will probably go, but Sonic is a mystery to me. Personally, I don't mind him staying, but while this game is as mysterious as you can get with a new game, the fate of those two characters is even more up in the air.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

539. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

I think a lot of the development time will depend on how different the WiiU & 3DS versions will be. If they're exactly the same, it shouldn't take all that long to develop it. If they're different, however, they are essentially making two different games for two different systems. That's going to increase development time quite a lot.

Especially when you put into account the fact that they plan to have cross-compatibility for the different versions between the two systems, which complicates things even more.

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

540. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Honestly, I don't know if Snake and Sonic are going to stay. Snake will probably go, but Sonic is a mystery to me. Personally, I don't mind him staying, but while this game is as mysterious as you can get with a new game, the fate of those two characters is even more up in the air.

Guests are a difficult subject. We could see Sonic and Snake stay, both go, or one of them stay while the other gets cut. Given that Sakurai has commented very positively on their inclusion, though, I do think they'll return (along with us getting Mega Man).

astarisborn94