Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,761 to 26,780 of 27,917

Undead_terror

Young Link could use the great fairy sword...but that means one thing...ANOTHER SWORD FIGHTER! another Ike clone!, nah, would be pretty interesting to see Link gameplay mixed in with a two handed sword gameplay.
Also for Wolf, if he don't come back then I would be surprised and a bit disappointed at the same time, enjoyed using him in brawl.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Undead_terror

Indead! also wouldn't mind more weapon users with axes and such.

As for transformations, I doubt that would happen as there is no transformations in the game nor did they want it in the game.

If FD was the final smash, he would need to be very tall like his original self, make more of a difference then the color swap of normal Link right now, have actual armor, shoot magic out of his big sword, etc...heck I wouldn't mind FD as his own actual character!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I'd want either Wolf or Snake. Wolf is the most likely.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

KO-Cub

Apparently one of Sakurai's tweets on the Sakurai Sora. was translated and said something about a hard decision or difficult request. People are thinking it was about a character. Saw the translated version somewhere on facebook.
H-How the hell do I post pictures from facebook tho. Whatever, I'll just link it.
https://www.facebook.com/ChampionOfTheRing/photos/pb.14821266...

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Grumblevolcano

The big question regarding Wolf would be Landmaster or Wolfen final smash. While Landmaster would be easier as its his final smash in Brawl, it doesn't suit him (he only uses the Wolfen in the Star Fox games, nothing else).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@KO-Cub: Very interesting. It could be a Snake or Iceclimbers situation.

Seriously though, is there a reason these translations are always looking like knockoff Google translate did them? I could have given them a real translation.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KO-Cub

I think the "Difficult Requested" characters are either going to be Snake because what's going on with Konami right now, and it's awkward with Kojima as Kojima was the one to request Snake in Brawl. Or Banjo & Kazooie since they are owned by rival company, and they'd be advertising something for Microsoft.

Imagine doh, Cloud and Banjo n Kazooie. Sony, and Microsoft. I mean, maybe Ratchet n Clank from Sony could have been the most confusing and erupting for Smash. But whatever, this is still the best fighting game.

Edited on by KO-Cub

00a

It could be anyone since the fighter is "fairly difficult to be requested."
For all we know, it could be a Persona character.

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

Eat_Pie

Ice Climbers would be hard to implement too.

Eat_Pie

Tsuchinoko

@KO-Cub: Re-reading the Japanese version of the tweet I really think he's just referring to Cloud's appearance in the game and not a separate character.

KO-Cub

@Tsuchinoko: Maybe. It's what you take on "We're going to meet a fairly difficult request." This kinda sounds like it's in progress, and the request could mean from the Smash Ballot.

Tsuchinoko

@KO-Cub: Thats what Im saying though. Its a bad translation.

What he really said was, and keep in mind this was tweeted right after the Cloud reveal:

"I had a plan to respond to a rather difficult request, so how was it? For more details, there will be a special Smash production (direct) in where I will explain more."

He is specifically responding to the Cloud reaction. All of his tweets after continue with this.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf

Yeah, even reading the English version, I got the sense he was referring to Cloud.

As for some of the speculation, I really just don't see the NX coming out so soon. I also don't think Smash DLC will end in December, but that's something I'd be more accepting of. The end of DLC is definitely close regardless. Maybe I'm just having trouble seeing a time without Smash hype.

Regardless, I don't think the ballot characters would all be ready so soon unless the last couple months of the ballot were pointless. I think there are two more updates. One with Cloud which may or may not have more characters and one with the ballot winner(s) and the final touches. Who's to say there may not still be a few people hanging around to work on costumes eben after? But that's not the point.I see two more on the horizon.

As for what veteran I want? I think that'd be rather obvious by now. In all honesty, if Wolf isn't announced before they say "this will be the last of the DLC for this game, it'll completely kill my hype for anyone else that's been announced for about a week or two. But that's just me.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eat_Pie

@Morpheel
For the 3DS version, sure. But then you have the issue of what happens when 2 or more players do the summons. Also, Ice Climbers with only one Ice Climber doesn't feel right.

Eat_Pie

Tsuchinoko

@UGXwolf: I've known for a long time about what veteran you specifically want to come back, and since I got Lucas back I do feel a bit sad you didnt get who you wanted yet, but who, besides Wolf, is your most wanted veteran out of the characters who are remaining?

Eel

@Eat_Pie: oh well, if other characters (zelda, olimar) can do it, I'm sure the Ice Climber can. They can make the secondary Climber go at a lower frame rate.

I think it would count as its own character, a reimagining of an older character. They'd need to rework it enough and make the solitary Ice Climber a bit stronger too.

(Although to be fair, in their own game they work alone.)

Though don't worry, chances are they won't do any of this.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko: Well, looking at the complete list of characters who aren't back and striking out Wolf. We have enough Links, Pichu was a joke character, and I never liked Squirtle.

Snake is the obvious standout as it feels like the game is now missing something, though I suppose Pit and Duck Hunt covered him well enough to satisfy me. Ice Climbers would be another obvious addition, but I wasn't ever a fan of them so much as I tolerated their existence. Ivysaur, on the other hand hasn't been covered by anyone, isn't impossible, and could have some very interesting developments, if added back in. So to go the extra mile, my list of characters to bring back looks something like this:

1) Wolf
2) Snake
3) Ivysaur
4) Ice Climbers
5) Young Link
6) Pichu
7) Squirtle

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic