Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,781 to 26,800 of 27,917

Gridatttack

I echo that. Wolf was my main in Brawl in the final days I played it, and I had a lot of fun using Ivysaur in project M.

Dunno about Snake though, but I wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

veeflames

So the Direct wasn't at the end of the month, as I predicted. I still think it's before Christmas, though. Then again, Nintendo could present us with a "Christmas gift" and surprise us with a Direct on the 25th!! Complete with a "available right after the Direct!"
😝😝😝😝

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Iggly

@VeeFlamesNL Then the eshop goes down for 3 straight days again like 2 years ago lol.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

IceClimbers

It'll probably be in mid-December. So not this week or next week, but the week after.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

If they wanted to make it a Christmas thing, they'd have to time it right. Kids in Japan are in school until the 26th.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんγͺη΄ ζ•΅γͺγ‚²γƒΌγƒ γ‚’δ½œγ£γ¦γγ‚Œγ¦γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†οΌ

Whopper744

I'll admit, I was disappointed when I first saw the new character was going to be Cloud. I've been a big Nintendo fan for over 20 years, and actually had no idea who this guy was. Out of all the great Nintendo characters that haven't shown up in Smash yet, why this guy? Instead of hating on it though, I did research on the character, where he came from, etc. Though I have no way to enjoy FFVII with my current systems (never really played FF at all to be honest with you), I downloaded the game to my step dad's PS3. This has made being able to play it a bit complicated since I'm married and not living at home anymore, but I usually stop by about once a week already, but at least I get to give it a go from time to time now. I may not have nostalgia for it, but I can see so far how someone can come to really enjoy this game (only about 3 or 4 hours in).

Long story short, it makes things a lot more enjoyable if you try to learn about characters like this that you don't really know so you can appreciate it a bit more.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Grumblevolcano

I still think the Direct will be this Thursday to hype people up ready for some big other game announcements at The Game Awards. Have a load of content to download straight after the presentation (afternoon UK time) like with the Sunday before E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

They stopped development for Project M. It's done, but not dusted,

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Tsuchinoko

http://i.imgur.com/XPP26f9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C5UD0DP.jpg

Edit: So that took me like, ten tries to post because Nintendolife and my phone just were not getting along.

So, apparently Gamestop has had these pop up in a few locations. The price is all weird and DLC #4 was the Mario Maker stage set. Just thought I'd post these though for everyone since they were going around.

Pass the salt.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんγͺη΄ ζ•΅γͺγ‚²γƒΌγƒ γ‚’δ½œγ£γ¦γγ‚Œγ¦γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†οΌ

Shinion

@Tsuchinoko: Β£10? I don't have a clue what could be included at that price range, a character for both Wii U and 3DS costs Β£4+ with Ryu and his stage costing just above Β£5. Maybe it's Cloud, his stage and another character? :/

Shinion

Tsuchinoko

@TheLastLugia: It could include Mii costumes as well. The only thing that backs this up is that it matches up with the Japanese one year anniversary which is on the 6th

NintendoFan64

@Tsuchinoko I don't buy it. What really killed it forme was that we already had dlc #4.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Whopper744

@DarthNocturnal: I had a very similar situation with Shulk. I heard the rumors, was kind of hateful because I didn't want some random anime character I had never even heard of. Looked up the game, which was usually something I would have no interest in, but went out and got it at a gamestop for $50. A week later, they announce Shulk for Smash, so I went from a guy who hated the idea of his addition, to loving it when he was finally announced.

As for Isaac...honestly I know nothing about that series either. Selfishly, I hope they go with someone else since he seems a bit similar to many other characters we already have from the outside looking in, but who knows. I know I'd end up getting Golden Sun on the Wii U VC if he was announced though. I voted for K. Rool since I figured he has an ok chance, but I want Banjo & Kazooie more than anything.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/XPP26f9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C5UD0DP.jpg

Edit: So that took me like, ten tries to post because Nintendolife and my phone just were not getting along.

So, apparently Gamestop has had these pop up in a few locations. The price is all weird and DLC #4 was the Mario Maker stage set. Just thought I'd post these though for everyone since they were going around.

Pass the salt.

All I get from this is Gamestop is going to start selling codes for Smash DLC packs starting with the most recent one as of now (rather than most recent one as of that date). The 3DS DLC pack is less expensive than the Wii U one because of the Wii U exclusive stage, Pirate Ship. Gamestop has started a large setup of having DLC codes available to purchase recently as I noticed a few of the large DLC packs for Rock Band 4 appeared too (like Van Halen, Aerosmith and Queen).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: Thats more than what I got from it. I hate the pricing now. Even on the Japanese E-shop its not rounded prices. Before the tax change everything was nice even hundreds.

UGXwolf

So apparently, there is now a vague cryptic hint that Cloud will be dropping on the 16th in two days. GameXplain has a short video about it on their channel.

It shouldn't really need to be said, but there's about as much supporting this as debunking it--that is, next to nothing--so bring your salt piles.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

@UGXwolf: Crap, Im at work. Can someone do like, a short summary?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf

Before the direct, a guy gave a way-out-there prediction that we'd see a blonde male protagonist and a stage in Smash. He said Luke Skywalker, but people speculate he was being cryptic and teasing Cloud.

Just recently, the same guy said he just checked the forecast for the 16th and that it was going to be overcast skies, in case anyone was planning on going out.

Pros: Maybe this guy knows things and is being coy and cryptic to avoid serious trouble.

Cons: This could just have been a coincidence.

Stay salty, my friends.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

As much as I'm looking forward to the Smash Direct, I can certainly wait for it if it's in the middle of December. There's The Game Awards tomorrow, PSX over the weekend, and a new Pokken fighter reveal on the 10th. There's also some game releases and Corocoro leaks to look forward to.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal:
@UGXwolf: an ironic thing happened a few weeks back on Gamefaqs. A sort of infamous user, very known for criticizing any sort of discussion about a leak, speculation about leaks, or even sharing obvious leaks just to laugh at them with the rest of the board was getting a lot of backlash for his negative comments.

I noticed that as the weeks and months went by he became more agitated and angry at any sort of conversation that stemmed from a hoax leak. I asked him why and he replied that after all this time people couldn't stop it with the hoaxes and speculation, and he was just ready for it all to be over and finally know the rest of the roster, even if it the results weren't good.

Funny thing is, he also was gaining followers of his own on social media, and got caught up in a fake leak of his own that he swore was real and kept sharing on Gamefaqs and with his followers. He happened to believe strongly in a leak that turned out to be a hoax and has disappeared from Gamefaqs since he lost all credibility.

So that didn't work out, but I did agree with him that I am ready for Smash 4 to finally end production and be a complete package. Im more optimistic about the DLC though.

BTW, this was a fairly infamous "leak" that involved quite a few people who were adamant about it, and it involved a couple of really COLORFUL characters.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic