Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,741 to 26,760 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

@TheGreatLord: oh yeah, I totally agree. In my mind we're getting Cloud and two more mystery characters (again, based on the remaining slots in the game data), and thats it. New stages, a balance patch, a thank you message from Sakurai and if we're lucky a surprise game mode or something. If there's anything beyond December ill be pleasantly surprised, but Im ready for the game to finally be "complete".

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@TheGreatLord: oh yeah, I totally agree. In my mind we're getting Cloud and two more mystery characters (again, based on the remaining slots in the game data), and thats it. New stages, a balance patch, a thank you message from Sakurai and if we're lucky a surprise game mode or something. If there's anything beyond December ill be pleasantly surprised, but Im ready for the game to finally be "complete".

I'm actually starting to think that there may be a new game mode from the special direct. How are they going to spend 30-60 minutes of a direct on smash bros? They can't be talking about cloud and the stage for the whole time. I think we might get a new mode but I wouldn't get my hopes up on it. I feel like it may be a story mode but I'm probably being too hopeful. We will get at least one more character announcement for sure though.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

I said the same thing. Talking about the appreciation from the fans and the development team, Cloud and Midgar with high detail, and maybe Ballot Characters.
But there is no hint of anything from Sakurai's remaining development team saying they'd talk about anything else like extra modes or balancing, and surprisingly, nothing has been leaked. Even Cloud, leak-less and that's quite surprising despite even Square even had something to do with that.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Grumblevolcano

@TheGreatLord: Simple, the pre-E3 Smash Direct was under 20 minutes so it being approximately that length and have similar structure but ending on a "Thank you and goodbye" message. These are the things that could easily be talked about for that time length:

• New characters, Mii outfits and stages coming straight after Direct
  • Release dates for amiibo (Roy, Ryu, Cloud, other announced characters)
  • Perhaps more online content, the screen with tourneys is very barren and feels incomplete (maybe the option to take on Classic and All-Star mode with a friend online?)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@TheGreatLord: Simple, the pre-E3 Smash Direct was under 20 minutes so it being approximately that length and have similar structure but ending on a "Thank you and goodbye" message. These are the things that could easily be talked about for that time length:

• New characters, Mii outfits and stages coming straight after Direct
  • Release dates for amiibo (Roy, Ryu, Cloud, other announced characters)
  • Perhaps more online content, the screen with tourneys is very barren and feels incomplete (maybe the option to take on Classic and All-Star mode with a friend online?)

I remember when I was really excited about tournament mode... now I don't ever use it. Even NL was going to do tourneys at one point but they only did it once then that's it. There wasn't even offline mode too which was really weird in my opinion. I think tournament mode is probably nice only for non customs for glory but that has flaws too like it is only 3 minutes... There can be improvements but I don't think they care about tournaments anymore. All we know for the direct is that it will talk about cloud and midgar stage, then something else that we don't know of yet. It can be anything... King K Rool please?

Remember Sakurai is good at surprising us, like at the Cloud reveal. I didn't know what to think because I doubted he would ever make it in. I'm not sure if he is a ballot character though. He was revealed one month after the ballot ended and he seemed like he was done. Yet characters take a lot of development time too, not to mention he is also a third party. So they had to deal with Square Enix which also must have taken some time. He's probably not a ballot character...

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

I finally beat All-Star on hard with Villager but the challenge didn't unlock, looks like I didn't beat it with Robin after all!

EDIT: Beat it with Robin so now I have every single trophy in the game until the next wave of DLC arrives!

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

Anyone think that there are still characters with unrealized potential? Pac-man is infamous for this, since his moveset is so complicated. I think Robin, Palutena, DuckHunt, and even returning characters like G&W and Lucas are still underused.

KO-Cub

Uh... Bottom 5. Samus and Zelda. And geez, trying to use these characters on For Glory is horrid. Nobody wants to lose so badly to these fighters, cause they disconnect or just SD, or play 'troll'. I never knew, in the smash community, Japanese Players can be sore losers and poor, disgusting asses that do nothing but run away, taunt, and spam moves. Mind my language

And you listed characters, @Tsuchinoko, lol no. In competitive, maybe, but anywhere else they are still used consecutively.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Pootypie

I'm experiencing better fg players although I still pass by some bad ones... I once met a zelda that kept using up b, he used it so much that he suicided accidentally by going off stage with the up. That was his second stock and he had 0% taken, it was actually a fresh stock so I won. I just decided to taunt at that because I hate it when people spam... Then he left xD

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

00a

I honestly love it if they remove the time limit for the "Masterpieces" in a future update or future titles.
It would be great, although it's not going to happen.

Edited on by 00a

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

Tsuchinoko

@Lastaofpizza: so what you're saying is that you want Smash to come with a bunch of free VC games.

Eel

Go buy a gamecube and Animal Crossing. Back then Nintendo liked to offer old games for free as extras.

Now the best option for them is the virtual console. You give them more money that way.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

So with the possible end of DLC coming, I was curious what remaining cut veteran everyone here most wanted to come back.

For me, once I got Lucas back, for the longest time I wanted Wolf back. And while he has the highest chance of returning, I feel now that Star Fox having two reps already is enough, and I think Iceclimbers and Snake would get me more excited if they were announced.

Im really stuck between those two though. And for different reasons they might not be possible. I wouldn't want an altered, solo version Iceclimber either, as that would take away a lot of whau made the characters charming and unique. At this point, with the 3rd party reps we've been getting, and past fun with the character, Im most hoping for Snake.

Really, any of those three would be amazing.

NintendoFan64

@Tsuchinoko Same here, though I'm thinking that Wolf might be the most likely, given that he doesn't have the same issues as the Ice Climbers and Snake (3DS not being able to handle them, Konami owns Snake, Kojima left Konami).

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Shinion

@Tsuchinoko: I'd happily pay for either Wolf or Snake, though with the situations surrounding both characters, the former seems incredibly likely whilst Snake has 0.1% chance of returning because Konami. Ice Climbers I don't really have an opinion of, be cool if they worked out the issues with them for some I guess though I wouldn't use them or even buy them unless they were free.

Shinion

LzWinky

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf came back. I was hoping for a Majora's Mask-style Young Link, but since transformations are gone, I'm not sure what he would do

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

Definitely want Wolf the most, my only ballot vote. A new Star Fox stage to go along with it would be cool though preferably something related to Assault rather than 64/Zero as that's by far my favourite Star Fox game. Young Link would probably be second as he's the last possible Melee character left unless there were enough requests for Ice Climbers that Sakurai tried again to work around the fact the 3DS is such as a weak console in terms of power.

Grumblevolcano

LzWinky

There's still Pichu!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

I always forget about Pichu. He was basically non-existant on the ballot voting compared to Snake and Wolf, but who knows what might come out of the December direct?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic