Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,641 to 25,660 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Ugh, I've been having the worst time recently online. I might quit FG for a few weeks and just play the laid-back one.

I used to play with friends in college and I would destroy the majority of them, and I'm like, 10 times better now. I know combos and meteor smashes, I know about sweetspots and tippers and my timing is so much better, but I never played online during Brawl. And I think Japanese players are getting better that when Smash 4 first came out.

Anyway, anyone else just hitting a plateau or a wall and not getting anywhere with FG? I swear I'm not terrible at this game, just not as good as a lot of the people I'm getting matched up with online.

Anyway, heres the online maintenance for Wednesday

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-wii-u3ds-seeing-main...

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DreamyViridi

@Tsuchinoko: The closest I've been to hitting a wall was when I was stuck in For Glory Hell for a couple of weeks a few days ago. Otherwise, I've had occasional losing streaks but since I'm stubborn for wins sometimes, I find that playing Teams shakes some rust off since I don't have to worry about as much there.

I recently went back to Brawl to check out the replays I saved years ago, for the sake of nostalgia. Heh... I was nowhere near as good as I thought I was back then...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

@DreamyViridi: I've heard that term before. For Glory Hell.

I guess I will just practice with the fun mode for a while.

CapeSmash

That thread in a nutshell: "DON'T GET HYPED OVER THE NEW MAINTENANCE (AKA UPDATE), BECAUSE YOU'LL JUST GET DISAPPOINTED!! P.S WE'RE NOT GETTING ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES THE MARIO MAKER STAGE!!)

"Oh boy, here we go again. Can we just stop trying to hype people up when there's nothing else announced? The recent maintenance was hyped up so badly on this subreddit that tons o fpeople ended up being super disappointed."

1. We're getting a new stage, and there's evidence that we're getting more.
2. There was no reason to get hyped over the maintenance that happened in August. There was no evidence or announcements prior to the maintenance, so getting hyped over it was incredibly stupid. However, the announcement for the 30th maintenance HAS evidence (we're probably getting another stage, due to the stage selection screen) and announcements (Mario Maker stage) prior to the announcement of the maintenance. So therre is REASON to get hyped.
3. Just because a bunch of ignorant people thought we were going to get something the last time doesn't mean we shouldn't expect something this time. I'm not asking everyone to get super hyped, but you should be at least moderately excited.

The Smash community is way too pessimistic about everything, and we get hyped at the wrong times.

Random maintenance, no update = ZOMG GET HYPED WE'RE GETTING SHOVEL KNIGHT, 5 OTHER CHARACTERS, AND 11 STAGES! HYPE!!
Maintenance during an update = We're not getting anything but the Mario Maker stage. Deal with it. You're dumb if you get expect more than that.

Reddit is hilarious. They try so hard to sound logical, but really, they're making their self's look extremely stupid.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DreamyViridi

...Eh, at this point, I just wait patiently for stuff to actually happen.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

We should expect, at the very least, for there to be more Mii outfits.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Undead_terror

I would say there would be more then just the stage, even if it's just mii costumes, so far each DLC update there is a collection wither it's small/medium/big, besides they could just hold off on a update if it's just one stage, I expect a decent collection, guess we will have to wait and see.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

@NintendoFan64: What is your avatar icon?! I was staring at it for a full minute.

veeflames

Hello, guys. I'm back! Anyone miss me? XD
@Tsuchinoko I'm a Duck Hunt main. I usually have no problem raising the damage of my opponents, but actually knocking them out is another matter on its own. I may have won a lot of matches with DH, but I seriously don't have any solid tips on knocking out opponents with Duck Hunt... I'm actually worried.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Joeynator3000

...Who're you?...
...owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko

@VeeFlamesNL: I've been having luck with his down Smash, and a well timed up aerial can knock opponents out from the top of the stage.

CapeSmash

I'm keeping track of the comments on the article that NL recently made on the ballot. I didn't do every character listed in the comments, but here's what I got so far. (Note: I'm only counting comments that show support for the character.)

Inklings - 21
King K. Rool - 21
Shovel Knight - 16
Shantae - 15
Bomberman - 13
Rayman - 10
Issac - 10
Prof. Layton - 10
Sora - 9
Simon Belmont - 9
Knuckles - 8
Snake - 8
Banjo Kazooie - 8
Bayonetta - 8
Wolf - 6
Chibi-Robo - 5
Goku - 5
Ridley - 4
Ice Climbers - 4
Viewtiful Joe - 3
Sceptile - 3
Hector - 3
Wonder Red - 3
Paper Mario - 3
Dixie Kong - 3
Geno - 2

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

enderboy221

@CapeSmash pretty neat. Honestly, I'm just happy to see Professor Layton on the list. I really do want him in.

enderboy221

IceClimbers

@CapeSmash: How did you count comments that have multiple characters? For example, my comment had support for both Shantae and King K Rool. Did you count my comment for both characters, or just one of them?

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CapeSmash

@IceClimbers: I counted both of them.

Smash Mains:

DreamyViridi

Cool to see the Inklings at the top here (in general, the fact that they're number 1 is a bonus), because like what I said in the article; they're the only realistic candidates I care about.

Mario Maker Levels

Rexcalibr

The Inklings really should be DLC. There's not going to be another Smash game for another years and Splatoon is hot now, so they should be DLC. I know you can sort of make them as a Mii fighter but it's not the same. I also wish they'd do a Splatoon themed stage over Mario Maker.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Pootypie

I didn't comment on that article but my vote would be King K Rool. So I guess that makes him #1 I think Inklings would be a neat addition. I'm just not sure how they would turn out as characters in the game. I don't really want them but I would definitely welcome them and see how they play out.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic