Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 27,917

Captain_Toad

Heh, that being said the character selection even with the orientation is yet to be finalized. Still a tad early for everything to be in place so cool your jets ppl.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

OdnetninAges

TheGreatGamer wrote:

One more slot to put in the site? How are they going to announce the others?

What I meant was they would probably announce one more for this year, and then add more slots to the website next year to reveal more characters, like @MegaStoneSmash91 said.

I figured that since there was one spot left, then there would be one more character announced this year. Not overall. There's obviously going to be more characters than what's revealed this year.

19Robb92 wrote:

People do not seem to know that the website scales itself to different screen resolutions. There's no such thing as "limited character slots" on the SSB website. It all depends on what resolution you're viewing the page in.

But if this is the case, then I guess I'm incorrect.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

WrappedInBlack

seems like they've gone back to one char a month...

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

Pootypie

OdnetninAges wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

One more slot to put in the site? How are they going to announce the others?

What I meant was they would probably announce one more for this year, and then add more slots to the website next year to reveal more characters, like @MegaStoneSmash91 said.

I figured that since there was one spot left, then there would be one more character announced this year. Not overall. There's obviously going to be more characters than what's revealed this year.

19Robb92 wrote:

People do not seem to know that the website scales itself to different screen resolutions. There's no such thing as "limited character slots" on the SSB website. It all depends on what resolution you're viewing the page in.

But if this is the case, then I guess I'm incorrect.

ok then, I was just being confused here, what is slowing them down for announcing characters?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

@TheGreatGamer Sakurai obviously is taking his time working on the game. He isn't going to reveal everything about it all at once. That would ruin not only the surprise aspect, but the hype as well. Plus, he needs time to decide the roster and actually create the characters so he has screenshots to show when they are announced. Patience is important, and we shall all be greatly rewarded for it.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@TheGreatGamer Sakurai obviously is taking his time working on the game. He isn't going to reveal everything about it all at once. That would ruin not only the surprise aspect, but the hype as well. Plus, he needs time to decide the roster and actually create the characters so he has screenshots to show when they are announced. Patience is important, and we shall all be greatly rewarded for it.

ok then!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Snagrio

I just want to see Marth in fabulous HD already!

Or any Fire Emblem character for that matter.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Pootypie

WingedSnagret wrote:

Isn't Marth sort of like Ike?

Pootypie

Happy_Mask

TheGreatGamer wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

They are, for the most part, completely different class types. The similarities in their appearances are pure coincidence. I think it's about time we got a new character though. u_____u

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Pootypie

Wonder_Mask wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

They are, for the most part, completely different class types. The similarities in their appearances are pure coincidence. I think it's about time we got a new character though. u_____u

lol I went to the website to check if there is a new character but I misunderstood you, either way I don't think they will add Marth.

Pootypie

Wheeler

I want sexy Eirika (she's mine XD) to be the first female Fire Emblem character in Smash Bros.
Untitled

Wheeler

Wheeler

@TheGreatGamer: Why? He's the original Fire Emblem character. Also, he's be in Smash since Melee.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

I don't expect Marth to be cut, and especially don't want him to be cut, but seeing how Roy was cut from Brawl, and replaced with Ike, you'd think Ike is now gonna get cut and be replaced with a new fire emblem character, or maybe he'll mix it up? Or he'll just keep both Marth and Ike. :I (I'm actually betting on Sakurai keeping both)

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

Roy wasn't replace by Ike, Sakurai didn't have enough time to make him appear in Brawl. Hence, why you can find his character data in Brawl's disc.

Wheeler

Mickey

@ShadowFox254 If Sakurai really wanted Roy to appear, he would've delayed Brawl again. My guess (and it's still just a guess so it's as valid as yours) is that Sakurai started on Roy, then gave up and either didn't bother or didn't have enough time to erase the data.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Wheeler

@Mickey I'm sure the fans were already tired of the game being delayed so many times. Personally, I prefer Roy than Marth. Roy has a better counter, more power in his smashes, his charge B attack, and his forward B has excellent range. The only thing he lacks is a good spike attack.

Wheeler

Mickey

@ShadowFox254 Again. If Sakurai really cared about people being tired of waiting, he wouldn't have delayed the game so much in the first place. Whatever. That's just my guess.

The Mousekeloggery

MonocledMetroid

Mickey wrote:

@ShadowFox254 If Sakurai really wanted Roy to appear, he would've delayed Brawl again. My guess (and it's still just a guess so it's as valid as yours) is that Sakurai started on Roy, then gave up and either didn't bother or didn't have enough time to erase the data.

He can't delay the games as much as he wants, at the very least he has to get Iwata's approval.

MonocledMetroid

Mickey

@MonocledMetroid I'm sure Iwata trusted Sakurai enough to allow him to delay the game long enough so that he could insert Roy into the game if he wanted. If you want to argue against that, go ahead. I'll just excuse myself before this gets any worse than it already has.

The Mousekeloggery

MonocledMetroid

Mickey wrote:

@MonocledMetroid I'm sure Iwata trusted Sakurai enough to allow him to delay the game long enough so that he could insert Roy into the game if he wanted. If you want to argue against that, go ahead. I'll just excuse myself before this gets any worse than it already has.

I wasn't even following the Roy stuff, it just sorts of bugs me that some people think the directors or whatever have complete control over the release and production of games when the final say is really in the hands of executives. I just sort of wanted to remind whoever was looking at this that at some point games have to come out or be cancelled at some point because higher ups can actually influence things, and that creators won't ever end up delaying a game relentlessly unless the circumstances consist of something other than "they felt like it".

MonocledMetroid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic