Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 27,917

Pootypie

Wonder_Mask wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

I don't want Namco characters. Pac Man would really annoy me if he made it in. -.-

why is that?

To be honest, none of his games never really appealed to me except the original, and I feel he's been riding on people's nostalgia for too long. His current appearance also makes it look like he would be a character in a children's movie that teaches shapes. It's very bland and simplistic.

yeah I agree

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Arminillo

Wonder_Mask wrote:

I feel he's been riding on people's nostalgia for too long.

Sonic. The. Hedgehog.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

OdnetninAges

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Anybody has any ideas why they are taking a lot of time to show at least one new character?

There's only one character slot left on the website, so I guess Sakurai is waiting until the next big release to announce a character. So, it'll probably be a character related to The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds or Super Mario 3D World. I originally thought it might be DK related, but Tropical Freeze got delayed to February, so I'm not so sure anymore.

Of course, Peach was announced without any game release, and there was no character announcement when Pokemon X and Y came out, so it might not be related to those games at all.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Happy_Mask

Suicune wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

I feel he's been riding on people's nostalgia for too long.

Sonic. The. Hedgehog.

The difference being SEGA actually tries to make a good Sonic game. While Namco is a very talented Dev, and shows the detail and depth they can achieve quite often, they really don't make the Pac-Man games as good as they could.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

I'd rather have Pac-Man than Snake.

A million times this. I'll agree with the arguments against Pac-Man to an extent, but believe it or not I actually don't want Snake back.

Frankly, he stuck out like a sore thumb in Brawl, which wasn't a good thing IMO.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Wheeler

WingedSnagret wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I'd rather have Pac-Man than Snake.

A million times this. I'll agree with the arguments against Pac-Man to an extent, but believe it or not I actually don't want Snake back.

Frankly, he stuck out like a sore thumb in Brawl, which wasn't a good thing IMO.

Snake should have no reason to return in Smash Bros.

Wheeler

cookiex

I would be overjoyed if Snake came back, only because I like having him.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

Captain_Balko wrote:

I pray to the Gods of Gaming that Sakurai will keep that dot-gobbling yellow freak out of the game. Come on guys, Pac-Man may have been cool in his hey-day, but when is the last time a decent Pac-Man game was released? I'm under the impression that it's been years. Pac-Man sucks. His moves would be ridiculous and moronic. He can, what? Eat stuff? Throw his dots at people? Roll around? Nope. Don't want him, not relevant, yet it's a possibility that they'll throw him in anyways, since, gee, Namco-Bandai is doing the grunt work, so they deserve to have their ancient mascot tossed into the mix, yeah?

Then again, Ice Climbers remain as irrelevant as ever, but I'm guessing they'll be back again regardless (either make a new Ice Climbers game, or eject them, that's what I say).

BAH. Anyways, Pac-Man sucks.

Agreed fully.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Wheeler

New characters I want in Smash Bros:

Shulk, Zael, Aeron, Saki, Black Shadow, Isaac, Eirka, Takamaru, Krystal.

Need to think more.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Mickey

Captain_Balko wrote:

He can, what? Eat stuff? Throw his dots at people? Roll around? Nope.

I agree fully. Since we haven't seen him do anything else, clearly he wouldn't have a competent moveset.
Untitled
Oh... yeah. Well, that's different. They wouldn't insert a character that's unaccustomed to fighting into the game today.
Untitled
Oh...

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

MegaStoneSmash91

OdnetninAges wrote:

There's only one character slot left on the website

Where are people getting this idea that the website has limited space? What's stopping them from adding more characters even if they don't have a perfect 4-sided area? Just seems a bit odd to me. Also, if they were to announce a new character, it would most likely get a larger "Newcomer" box much like the Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer. That larger box would not fit in the "only slot left".

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

OdnetninAges wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Anybody has any ideas why they are taking a lot of time to show at least one new character?

There's only one character slot left on the website, so I guess Sakurai is waiting until the next big release to announce a character. So, it'll probably be a character related to The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds or Super Mario 3D World. I originally thought it might be DK related, but Tropical Freeze got delayed to February, so I'm not so sure anymore.

Of course, Peach was announced without any game release, and there was no character announcement when Pokemon X and Y came out, so it might not be related to those games at all.

One more slot to put in the site? How are they going to announce the others?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

19Robb92

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Where are people getting this idea that the website has limited space? What's stopping them from adding more characters even if they don't have a perfect 4-sided area? Just seems a bit odd to me. Also, if they were to announce a new character, it would most likely get a larger "Newcomer" box much like the Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer. That larger box would not fit in the "only slot left".

People do not seem to know that the website scales itself to different screen resolutions. There's no such thing as "limited character slots" on the SSB website. It all depends on what resolution you're viewing the page in.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Orngeblu

OdnetninAges wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

There's only one character slot left on the website, so I guess Sakurai is waiting until the next big release to announce a character.

I didn't even know this "one character slot left" thing existed until I read a thread that disproved it.

Also, I'd rather have Snake than Pac-man.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"The graphical differences of the Spin Attacks are clear. The way they hit are actually very different too."

Just hope Link's Spin Attack isn't nerf.

Wheeler

Captain_Toad

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"The graphical differences of the Spin Attacks are clear. The way they hit are actually very different too."

Interesting to see that toon Link's spin attack is like a buzzaw indicating multiple hits. While Link is....um a really powerful ring indicating a big hit.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

WrappedInBlack

Why does everyone keep saying "One Slot Left"? Are you all dense? Are you all children? Don't you think that that's just a design whatever... plus diff screen resolutions and all that?

What if the site gets redesigned like Brawl's did... I hope so... I need more than daily pictures, I NEED INFO!

Edited on by WrappedInBlack

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

Mickey

Whoa. Calm down there, @WrappedInBlack. You're gonna have to wait for the next Nintendo Direct before you get info so you're gonna have to be patient. And calling everyone "children" was uncalled-for. You're new here and it's understandable that you'd make a post like this to sort of make a name for yourself here. But, with that said, you still shouldn't start insulting everyone. It's not nice, and it goes against the community rules. I suggest you clean up your act before you get in trouble.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

BandG

Mickey wrote:

Whoa. Calm down there, @WrappedInBlack. You're gonna have to wait for the next Nintendo Direct before you get info so you're gonna have to be patient. And calling everyone "children" was uncalled-for. You're new here and it's understandable that you'd make a post like this to sort of make a name for yourself here. But, with that said, you still shouldn't start insulting everyone. It's not nice, and it goes against the community rules. I suggest you clean up your act before you get in trouble.

I guess it was a little harsh, but this guy is totally right. Do people think the "one slot left" matters? Are they really thinking that there will only be one more character in the entire game? If so you must be pretty ignorant. I can guarantee this game will have at least as many characters as Brawl.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic