Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 27,917

Mickey

@MonocledMetroid Fair enough. I'm sorry, you caught me at a bad time. I suppose you're right, but (I'm sorry, I can't find a source for it. I just heard about it.) Nintendo made it clear that they needed Sakurai onboard when they announced the game with Sakurai as the director before asking Sakurai to direct it. They could've just asked him before announcing it, but then there was the chance that he could say no. If they asked him after announcing it and announcing that he'd be directing it, there would be more reason to go along with it. With that in mind, and the fact that Sakurai let two third-party characters into the series (something that surely iffed Nintendo), I'm sure they'd be pretty willing to go with whatever Sakurai had in mind. But that could all be wrong, I'll admit that. Thanks for handling this in such an adult manner, @MonocledMetroid.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

MonocledMetroid

All I'm saying is that executives aren't going to let development go on forever because the company would run out of money and it'd end up like that studio that went out of business because they spend like a decade and a half making attempting to make Duke Nukem Forever.I'm sure Sakurai's going to be able to do what he wants though, unless he has a mental breakdown flies to Redmond and pimp slaps Reggie or something .

Edited on by MonocledMetroid

MonocledMetroid

DreamyViridi

Well, I'd rather have Dixie Kong than King K what's-his-face. Tropical Freeze certainly enforces the possibility of her making it through.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@TheGreatGamer: Why? He's the original Fire Emblem character. Also, he's be in Smash since Melee.

Exactly. Marth ain't going anywhere. He's practically the main representative of Fire Emblem after all.

Now then, who will be the second character? I've gone over this in my head more times then I care to count, and what would be the best outcome is if Lucina or the default Avatar (aka Robin) from Awakening is added. More likely it'll just be Chrome though and continue the blue-haired swordsmen trend, though sure Lucina also has blue hair, but she's a woman so she'd be the first female FE rep (excluding Lyn's Assist Trophy appearance). And considering half the FE series cast consists of bada** chicks, it'd be fitting.

As for Robin, well give him a tome and boom, a guy who DOESN'T use a sword. Plus he could possibly have an awesome Final Smash and summon Grima to chomp at everyone on screen.

Also possible route is three FE reps instead of two so Ike can stay, but I doubt it.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

PrincessSugoi

This game just got 20% cooler.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

DreamyViridi

Assuming that's indeed an alternate costume and not an assist trophy or something, this is a welcome sight and opens up other alternate costume possibilities. I can think of a couple of good one right now.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@TheGreatGamer: Why? He's the original Fire Emblem character. Also, he's be in Smash since Melee.

Marth is a she

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Late

TheGreatGamer wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Marth is a she

Actually, he is a boy. He just looks a lot like girl.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

DreamyViridi

@Dark-Luigi - I think Sakurai has a sight tendency to go back on his word. WFT might just be the one exception for all we know. Remember how in Brawl only Wario has extra clothing? At least this dude means more voice work which in turn means more effort, so who knows?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

WrappedInBlack

TheGreatGamer wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Marth is a she

That was a different Marth... look it up. It wasn't smart to have a female use that name as a cover after a female-looking male is with said name in the same series... It was smart on her behalf but, there are ignorant people living among us these days

Edited on by WrappedInBlack

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

WrappedInBlack

DestinyMan wrote:

How about Dark Pit as Pit's alternate form?

Dark Pit literally came from Pit's Black Brawl palette... I'm pretty sure that they changed it a bit to look like Pitto.

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

Happy_Mask

I'd also like to point out for no real reason that captain falcon had a complete Blood Falcon get-up in both brawl in melee. They actually put on Blood falcon's symbol as well.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Pootypie

Late wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Marth is a she

Actually, he is a boy. He just looks a lot like girl.

Are you sure? I still think it's a she till I have real proof

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Late

@TheGreatGamer: Well, he is a prince and everyone says "he" in Fire Emblem games when referring to him. You might want to check Marth's trophy in Melee or Brawl.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

WrappedInBlack wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

How about Dark Pit as Pit's alternate form?

Dark Pit literally came from Pit's Black Brawl palette... I'm pretty sure that they changed it a bit to look like Pitto.

How about in these games he has his deeper voice and Kid Icarus Uprising design to stand out from the normal Pit without being a separate character?

Should be pretty simple considering he has the same voice actor as Pit; Antony Del Rio, who I'm really hoping is onboard to voice him for Smash!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic