Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,061 to 22,080 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I don't think they should of done the ballot.

Like I said, the ballot is both good and bad idea.

It's safe to say that they don't go with the most popular votes or/and demands.
I'd say, they go with a good argument of why that character should get a smash fighter. Show them an other perspective. That's why it's there in the first place. They handle every new character as usual. The ballot is not a free ticket for new characters.

So give them a good argument, if you want your character in Smash.

Don't worry, none of there characters are showing up at all. Most regions are showing the same characters in their top 10 with a few differences (Bomberman showing up more in NA, Chibi-robo more in Japan).

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

veeflames

How do we even know if our votes might do anything? The process of making pne character, even one who has appeared in Smash, is a lot of work and time, and given Sakurai's workload... I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo just did the ballot thing for fun.
Of course, I hope I'm wrong. I really want to see Professor Layton and Luke, Chase McCain, Inkling, Wonder Red and Henry from FE: Awakening.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Hendesu

You know what character should be in Smash Bros? Brian from Quest 64. He's a perfect candidate to be playable character!

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

Sakurai wrote:

You know what character should be in Smash Bros? Brain from Quest 64. He's a perfect candidate to be playable character!

Who and what?!

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

You know what character should be in Smash Bros? Brain from Quest 64. He's a perfect candidate to be playable character!

Who and what?!

Untitled
The kid on the box I think is Brain(I think he meant Brian), and as you can imagine that's the game.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Who and what?!

Untitled
The kid on the box I think is Brain(I think he meant Brian), and as you can imagine that's the game.

I have never in my life seen or heard of that game. Okay, if you were going to vote for him, what would you write about as your reason on the ballot?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Hendesu

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Who and what?!

Untitled

I have never in my life seen or heard of that game. Okay, if you were going to vote for him, what would you write about as your reason on the ballot?

My reason why he should be in the game because, he has a unique moveset since it's based off magic. The magic he use are based off the 4 elements. (Water, Fire, Earth, and Air.) He uses these elements to fight foes. He can increase the elements by finding special gems around the land. Plus, his final smash is probably to summon his ultimate final attack, which is summoning a comet and crashing it to the battlefield.

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

TeeJay

Never heard of the game or character either. I'd rather someone we actually kind of know

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Faruko

thats because:

A) Nobody played that game
B) it was really bad also, it was a novelty because it was an RPG on the N64

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Pootypie

Dude you can't mess with Sakurai's decisions, if Sakurai wants Brian in the game then we can't do anything about it.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Dude you can't mess with Sakurai's decisions, if Sakurai wants Brian in the game then we can't do anything about it.

After seeing what he did with Pac-man, I trust his judgement in what is possible with a character.

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

After seeing what he did with Pac-man, I trust his judgement in what is possible with a character.

Well I'm not sure if I recall correctly, but I'm pretty sure I predicted they will add Pac-man to this game. So I'm not surprised lol. I don't think Pac-man was hard for Sakurai to make though, Bowser Jr. was the character that made it into the game that was nearest to be cut. I don't remember how he was so hard to make though...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

For serious, though, you guys can rest easy. There's about fifty good reasons why Super Meat Boy doesn't stand a chance, not the least of which being that Nintendo and Edmund McMillen still don't get along very well. Meat Boy could be the most popular entry by a landslide and he'd still probably only get a trophy at the most. Not even an assist trophy. Animations are too good for him.

Also, he's dripping meat sauce, not blood.

Anyways, I went and rewatched the Direct for a calendar I put up elsewhere on the site. I was paying extra close attention and noticed a few things, but the one thing that's relevant to this conversation is what Iwata said about the ballot. He specified that "each and everyone one of these entries will be considered when developing additional characters." What this means is that the number of potential DLC charters coming from this ballot just stretched from 1-3 to 0-infinity. But more importantly, it means this is NOT a popularity contest! Granted, a character will need ti have enough vites to be worth developing and company relations are fifty times as important as they were, before, but as it's not a popularity contest, anyone with a certain number of votes (enough for $4 per vote to cover the cost of development, probably) can get in. Naturally, this would mean 1st party characters would become elligible with less votes and 3rd party AAA characters with the most. (Sorry Banjo.) any vg character is still viable, and yes, that includes Shovelknight, whose inclusion could spark the interest needed to port him globally.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

It's alright @Sakurai we all know how much work you are put into. lol

Pootypie

Hendesu

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

It's alright @Sakurai we all know how much work you are put into. lol

LOL dude.

[Started 10/31/15]

Azooooz

I really want to see Galacta Knight being considered as a playable character, not just a trophy.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

NintendoFan64

Azooooz wrote:

I really want to see Galacta Knight being considered as a playable character, not just a trophy.

If it gets his theme into the game, I'm all for it. (Seriously, that should've been in this game, damnit! The same goes for Masked Dedede!)

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Hendesu

CapeSmash wrote:

I have lost all respect for My Nintendo News. This legitimately pisses me off.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/06/theres-five-blank-spots-...

I don't see what's wrong with it. It just tells 5 more DLC characters are coming to Smash Bros.

[Started 10/31/15]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic