Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,041 to 22,060 of 27,917

Joeynator3000

Well I played and beaten (...well, besides 3, lol) the Country games, so seeing Rool in Smash is easy for me.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

UGXwolf

@astarisborn94
1) If he wasn't popular to begin with, he likely wouldn't have been the second character to get Smashified. Smashify didn't create his popularity, it accentuated it.
2) Metal Gear started on Nintendo, just like Ninja Gaiden. MGS had a history with Nintendo, but on top of that, very good relations between Kojima and Sakurai. Snake is a special case. Meanwhile, Banjo was only ever popular on Nintendo systems, and considering Phil Spencer more or less offered the characters on a silver platter, I see no reason they can't make it, given enough votes.
3) I personally feel veterans have already had their fates decided, anyways. Its not worth arguing about because I don't think the vote will affect their chances in the least.
4) I don't remember them ever saying there was no way. In fact, I seem to recall something that suggested they'd keep trying. Besides, you have to remember that the game was kinda-sorta rushed a bit. I doubt they tried everything they could. Only what time would allow.
5) I can see there's no point arguing with you on this. You've fully convinced yourself there's nothing wrong with scaling Rodley down and see anything disagreeing with you as silly. Personally, I read Sakurai's statement and laughed because I said almost exactly the same thing before Ridley was revealed to be a boss as to why he would be a boss.

Also, seriously? Everything you said about the costume DLC is about the most infuriating thing you've said yet! Just because you won't use it doesn't mean it isn't worth the price, just that you personally shouldn't buy it. Considering you buy the costumes individually, you can pick and choose which ones you do and don't want, and for that, the price is more than fair.

People need to remember that the reason for this ballot isn't just to see who's in demand, but likely to come up with ideas Sakurai wouldn't have likely thought up, himself. The very fact that everyone expects a first party character is the very same reason I don't believe they're ruling out anyone that is in gaming. Personally, I see the votes something like this:

1st Party: K. Rool, Inkling, Krystal
2nd Party: Isaac, Wonder Red
3rd Party: Banjo & Kazooie, Ryu Hyabusa
Indie 3rd: Shovelknight, Commander Video, Quote

These ten are the only characters that stand a fair chance if coming from the ballot. Generally speaking, the first character in each group by FAR has the best chance. Indie is the only exception, as I included the characters in the order I thought of them and all for completely different reasons. Shovelknight being the most popular at this time, CV already having a model in Smash, and Quote being that the dev has wonderful relations with Nintendo and the character has been around long enough to be a face of Indie games.

Anyways, my point is, depending on hiw Nintendo handles the fighter ballot, I think these are the only chaacters with a legitimate chance (unless they do something crazy and unpredictable, and knowing Sakurai... Yeah.) If they're picking only one character from the top of the top, you can outright ignore all but four of these entries. (K. Rool, Inkling, Isaac, Banjo) and if they want representative characters, again, a sizeable chunk of this list can be ignored. (Inkling, Isaac, Banjo, Ryu, Quote are left.) If they're allowing up to three (highly unlikely) the. The entire list is fair game. But there's no reason to think the winner(s) will be anyone not on this list and most of the list will still not make the cut or even come close. (You'll also note the list is in order of most likely group to least likely. Take that how you will.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

@UGXWolf You bring up a lot of good points, and those characters you listed all make sense. I'd not look at the indie characters as having a huge chance, especially those from games not released in Japan. Personally for newcomers I wouldn't mind anyone from the first/second party.

I agree with you on veteran characters. Lucas must have been in development since at least January, and in talks not long after the original Mewtwo announcement. I think they have an of which ones they'd like to bring back. Many people are predicting Wolf as the last veteran to return, and he has been getting quite a few votes.

I'm honestly hoping to see Issac brought in.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Hendesu

Can someone give me some tips how to win for glory? Because I losing so many times.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

Sakurai wrote:

Can someone give me some tips how to win for glory? Because I losing so many times.

Find a character you like and practice a lot?

Hendesu

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Find a character you like and practice a lot?

Well......thanks for the tip.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

MegaMari0

I hate diddy mains. Though I did find solutions to that guy, as well as jigglypuff. Those interested, Toon link or Link. As for Jiggs, use megaman. I basically neutralize jiggs airgame with MMs lemons. Diddy's monkey jump and grab combo nullified with Boomerang and Toon link's surprising speed. He's a quick little bugger. This is in the hands of a competent player. It's no guarantee but sure works for me.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

UGXwolf

It took me two hours of idling on this page to suddenly realize that "Sakurai" just asked for help on For Glory. XD Wow, I'm slow!

Anyways, back to the vote discussion!

I think we can rest assured that three characters coming from the ballot is unlikely and the highest realist number. So for funsies, I wanna see other people's ideas on this. Given my previous list:

-King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country series)
-Inklings (Splatoon)
-Krystal (Star Fox series)
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
-Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie series)
-Ryu Hyabusa (Ninja Gaiden series with an emphasis on NES titles)
-Quote (Cave Story)
-Shovelknight
-Commander Video (Bit.trip Runner series)

Let's just assume for the sake of argument that these are the only characters that stand a chance and exactly three characters will make the cut (because one would be boring and any more than three is unrealistic). Which three do you think will make it in? Why? Which three would you want to see in? Why? Who do you think should be in this list and who should they replace? Why? Go!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

It took me two hours of idling on this page to suddenly realize that "Sakurai" just asked for help on For Glory. XD Wow, I'm slow!

I think we can rest assured that three characters coming from the ballot is unlikely and the highest realist number. So for funsies, I wanna see other people's ideas on this. Given my previous list:

-Inklings (Splatoon)
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-Quote (Cave Story)
-Shovelknight

Let's just assume for the sake of argument that these are the only characters that stand a chance and exactly three characters will make the cut (because one would be boring and any more than three is unrealistic). Which three do you think will make it in? Why? Which three would you want to see in? Why? Who do you think should be in this list and who should they replace? Why? Go!

And we can't pick veterans for this? Because if any character is okay I'd go with Wolf, Snake and Issac. If Wolf was suddenly announced as a precursor to Star Fox U, I'd go with Snake, Issac, and Inkling.

If it was newcomers only, Issac, Inkling, and Wonder Red. All three characters look cool and seem like total fun and would totally fit. K. Rool fans, sorry. I love DKC but he just is not a cool villain IMHO.

And as far as the indie characters go, I'm sorry I just don't see it happening. Remember, even if Shovel Knight is at the top of the NA ballot, there are other regions voting to. If he gets tons of votes in the NA ballot and maybe English-speaking PAL but not at all in Japan or anywhere else the game hasn't been released, it hurts his chances. I'm sure Sakurai and Co are aware of the game but for the vast majority of people here in Japan its just not on their radar. Commander Video is in a similar situation but not as bad as he had some games released here.

@Sakurai Its a fighting game against human opponents. Other than practice there's no advice I can give to you.

Just extra info. Apparently now that Lucas has been confirmed, the most wanted characters in Japan are Snake and Wolf, and I've heard Japans most requested newcomer is K. Rool.

Bayonetta for Smash has been shot down by its creator.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

FriedSquid

The more I think about this ballot the less I can come up with a single character I want to vote for.

I really hope when it's all said and done we'll get more than just one fighter, though I know that it would take long enough just for one to be developed. I hope at the very least we can see veterans return, like Wolf or maybe even Snake, in addition to this ballot character, just to add a bit more to the roster.

Also, where are people finding info on the most requested characters by region? I haven't seen any official info like that.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tsuchinoko

Squid wrote:

The more I think about this ballot the less I can come up with a single character I want to vote for.

I really hope when it's all said and done we'll get more than just one fighter, though I know that it would take long enough just for one to be developed. I hope at the very least we can see veterans return, like Wolf or maybe even Snake, in addition to this ballot character, just to add a bit more to the roster.

Also, where are people finding info on the most requested characters by region? I haven't seen any official info like that.

Don't worry, I haven't voted yet either.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/115620593341/the-smash-poll-possibil...

This guy has a very dedicated and often updated blop with lots of info. He recently compiled this info based on several polls plus tweets from various companies about their characters.

DreamyViridi

UGXwolf wrote:

-Inklings (Splatoon)
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-Quote (Cave Story)
-Shovelknight

Inklings, Isaac and Shovel Knight would be my choices. Out of anyone in that list, I only really care for the Inkling but I understand that Golden Sun, which was represented a bit in Brawl, has little to nothing in Smash 4. I don't really care for the game and don't really know of the character but the assist was cut for some reason so it'd be a slight pity vote but a vote nonetheless. Shovel Knight is a great game but he'd only be my 3rd choice if I had to make a Top 3.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pkmns

Sakurai wrote:

Do you usually defend and roll? Because that's very useful. Also, you can find various videos covering the basics on YouTube

Pkmns

Faruko

So the super meat boy creator "would love to see him in smash"

He hasnt even release the game on thw WiiU/3DS, Im getting a little tired of all these developers looking for free publicity

He can go %#&#&$-%+$ himself

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Pkmns

Faruko wrote:

So the super meat boy creator "would love to see him in smash"

He hasnt even release the game on thw WiiU/3DS, Im getting a little tired of all these developers looking for free publicity

He can go %#&#&$-%+$ himself

I love SMB. I doubt we'll ever see a character constantly dripping blood in Smash, though.

Edited on by Pkmns

Pkmns

Budda

Azooooz wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I don't think they should of done the ballot.

Like I said, the ballot is both good and bad idea.

It's safe to say that they don't go with the most popular votes or/and demands.
I'd say, they go with a good argument of why that character should get a smash fighter. Show them an other perspective. That's why it's there in the first place. They handle every new character as usual. The ballot is not a free ticket for new characters.

So give them a good argument, if you want your character in Smash.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic