Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,641 to 21,660 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Lucas would be awesome (heck, his move-set is already in the game thanks to Ness's customs), but I also kinda liked @DreamyViridi's idea of maybe trying one more time to get the Ice Climbers back (8-player smash with them would be utter chaos 0_0). Wolf would also be awesome. However, I doubt that they'd have been working on another character alongside Mewtwo this whole time.

Ness has Lucas' specials, but all of Lucas' smashes, aerials and tilts are still only his.

I know. I was referring to the specials. Probably should've been more specific there.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Toad160

I would love to see Pichu.

Don't ask me why. I know most people want this game to be as balanced as possible, but there was always that sweet taste of victory whenever you beat your friends with Pichu.

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

TeeJay

Toad160 wrote:

Don't ask me why. I know most people want this game to be as balanced as possible, but there was always that sweet taste of victory whenever you beat your friends with Pichu.

EW. I'm sorry normally I'm all for everyone being entitled to their opinion but Pichu would be a total waste of production time

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

No love for Roy? Or even Snake?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Undead_terror

TwilightAngel wrote:

Snake is a guest character so extra work would be needed to get him into the game, also there is already enough FE reps...well Roy was a Marth clone, we already got that in this game.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Undead_terror wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Snake is a guest character so extra work would be needed to get him into the game, also there is already enough FE reps...well Roy was a Marth clone, we already got that in this game.

Yeah you're right two clones of the same character is too much.But for Snake i'm still going to have faith on him coming back.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoFan64

TeeJay wrote:

Toad160 wrote:

EW. I'm sorry normally I'm all for everyone being entitled to their opinion but Pichu would be a total waste of production time

How DARE you insult the great and mighty Pichu! But in all seriousness, yeah, it doesn't look like Pichu would come back, and I doubt they'd bring him back. Still...I wouldn't complain.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Toad160

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Toad160 wrote:

How DARE you insult the great and mighty Pichu! But in all seriousness, yeah, it doesn't look like Pichu would come back, and I doubt they'd bring him back. Still...I wouldn't complain.

I honestly would rather see Pichu come back opposed to Roy.
At least Pichu brings a slight new aspect to the fray.

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

veeflames

Toad160 wrote:

A comic I made:
Untitled
Anyway, I want Lucas back. He deserves it. Or maybe it's because my brother wants him badly... ahem

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tsuchinoko

I don't remember at all how Roy played. How was he different from Marth?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

iKhan

Is it just me, or is this iteration of smash the least replayable since Smash 64? The trophy mechanic is dull compared to the coin shooting game, and the lack of an adventure mode is disappointing to say the least.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Yoshi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I don't remember at all how Roy played. How was he different from Marth?

The biggest difference is that Roy's blade is strongest in the center, whereas Marth's blade is strongest at the tip.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Tsuchinoko

iKhan wrote:

Is it just me, or is this iteration of smash the least replayable since Smash 64? The trophy mechanic is dull compared to the coin shooting game, and the lack of an adventure mode is disappointing to say the least.

DM I loved that shooting game.

I can kinda see what you mean. I like Smash Run okay, but yeah Subspace was epic. I don't think its super replayable, but a good marathon session every few months was good times.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Rexcalibr

iKhan wrote:

To me, it has very high replay value, especially since you can battle people online.

Rexcalibr

iKhan

Rexcalibr wrote:

iKhan wrote:

To me, it has very high replay value, especially since you can battle people online.

I didn't say it didn't have replay value, just less than Melee or Brawl.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Rexcalibr

Meh.. I disagree. Trophee Rush and pretty much any solo mode is strictly a bonus to me. The game's foundation is built on multiplayer modes.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Absolutely not. I find Brawl to be by far the least teplayable in the series. Even worse than Smash 64. If I have to play through subspace one more time, I'm going to hurt something. Possibly myself. Consider that I've been through classic mode a total of over 100 times between the two games and the number of times I've played all the other modes as well, how much time I've sunk into online and completing the challenge board and all of the above. Not to mention training and battling my Amiibos, which will be an ongoing effort until I have 49-53 lvl 50 Amiibos. I definitely have to argue that this is by far the MOST replayable Smash to date.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

IMO:
Best Gameplay: Melee/Project M
Best Roster: Smash 4
Best Soundtrack: SMASHWiiUSMASHWiiUSMASHWiiUSMASHWiiUSMASHWiiU
Best Stages: Brawl
Best Graphics: Smash Wii U
Best Single Player Mode: Smash Run (Smash 3DS)
Best Replay Value: Brawl and Melee
Best Items: Brawl
Best Character Moveset Changes: Melee/Smash 4
Most Fun Game: All of them.

Worst Gameplay: Smash 4
Worst Stages: Smash Wii U
Worst Graphics: Brawl
Worst Single Player Mode: Classic Mode (Smash Wii U)
Worst Replay Value: Smash 3DS
Worst Items: Melee
Most Cheap AI: Smash 4
Worst Character Moveset Changes: Brawl

Melee: Positives: 4. Negatives: 1
Brawl: Positives: 4. Negatives: 2.
Smash Wii U: Positives: 3. Negatives: 2.
Smash 3DS: Positives: 1. Negatives: 1
Smash 4 (both versions): Positives: 2. Negatives: 2.
Brawl + Melee: 8 positives, 3 negatives.
Smash 4 as a whole: 6 positives, 5 negatives.

FINAL RATING:
They're all fun, I play them everyday, and it's the greatest video game franchise of all time. Fun/10

EDIT: Whoa, I didn't expect this post to be that long. Sorry!

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic