Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,621 to 21,640 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

I personally love G&W, I used him a lot in brawl, he was maybe my 4th most used character.

I will admit I thought the same of Pac-man, but they did an amazing job with him.

Trust Sakurai and company to take a completely random character and make them Smash ready, a big Yes! Trust Sakurai and company not to cut good characters, definitely no.

EDIT. Btw in brawl I was, in order; Zelda, Lucas, Diddy Kong, G&W, and Wario. I did try to get okay at at least half the roster though.

In 4, outside than Zelda, Ness, ZSS, Peach and occasionally Diddy and Palutena, I almost never use anybody.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

PokeMario

So has everyone been getting their CD's? Mine hasn't even been shipped yet.

PokeMario

Jazzer94

PokeMario wrote:

So has everyone been getting their CD's? Mine hasn't even been shipped yet.

Got my CD now just waiting for mewtwo which I hope we see footage of soon.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

I can't help but enjoy showing spammers the error of their ways in For Glory... then again, I can't help but feel the experience has changed me, and not for the better...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

veeflames

So... um... how many people still play For Glory despite the lag and spammers.... a lot?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MsJubilee

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

So... um... how many people still play For Glory despite the lag and spammers.... a lot?

I do but i never experience unplayable lag that makes someone stop playing the mode.Except spammers they make me not even get near For Glory.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I do. It's the only way I can play with other people (I don't go to tournaments). I don't go on For Fun, because I don't want to play with items and stages with overly powerful, annoying stage hazards (I only do that in Brawl, because... Brawl).

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Gridatttack

Funny.

I have been playing the 3DS version instead of the wii u one and I havent found any spammer recently.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

veeflames

Gridatttack wrote:

Funny.

I have been playing the 3DS version instead of the wii u one and I havent found any spammer recently.

I've been playing the 3DS version recently, too. I can't remember facing any spammer apart from one Toon Link...

Sometimes I tell myself to lay off 1 on 1 for sometime, but I just keep coming back to it. The only time I play something else, especially For Fun, is to relieve mysself of the 'pressure' that builds up in me during my 1on1 matches.
Or... I just tend to play For Fun whenever I feel like it...

God first.

retropunky

Has For Glory really gotten that bad?

It's been more than a month that I've been online, and it was a fair experience. Not that much lag, and rare occassions with spammers.
If I remember my last online session correctly, I had one spammer in about 15-20 players that I played with.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Azooooz

PKpunky wrote:

Has For Glory really gotten that bad?

It's been more than a month that I've been online, and it was a fair experience. Not that much lag, and rare occassions with spammers.
If I remember my last online session correctly, I had one spammer in about 15-20 players that I played with.

If you go online now, you'll be battling against spammers more often than before.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DreamyViridi

I play Smash 3DS and I don't think I've battled spammers that often recently. Players who may not be very good, sure, but not outright spammers.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

veeflames

It seems that I have stumbled upon a tiny glitch in the 3DS version. It should be the same case in the Wii U version.
1. Go to Training and choose Little Mac.
2. Select (apparently) any opponent and any stage.
3. Set your opponent's action to 'Attack.'
4. Put in a Smash Ball and try to smash it. Once you'be smashed it, activate it.
5. Notice your opponent. It will seem to be stuck moving. Like it's frozen with fear...
Pretty funny, but nothing significant, I guess...

God first.

Tsuchinoko

Okay guys, just a little question to help the discussion a bit.

So, after the deadline we get news of a Nintendo Direct, and everyone is overjoyed when the familiar Smash logo comes up and the get a little gamplay trailer for Mewtwo. But those tricksters at Nintendo had one last surprise for everyone. A challenger approaches! At just the last second of the trailer a familiar figure emerges and charges towards Mewtwo.

Sakurai then comes on to explain that after the release of the game and the initial Mewtwo announcement, the staff had a long discussion about DLC and it was decided that everyone had just the amount of time resources and patience to work on just one more veteran before fully committing other projects.

Okay, so, who do you think that character should, be, based on your personal favorites, who makes the most sense, or who do you think deserves to be back the most?

I would love, love, love for Lucas to come back, but I think my choice would be Wolf. Hes a cool villain, and there is a lack of villains in the roster, and it would be good fan service to those waiting for Star Fox WiiU.

EDIT: Sorry! Forgot. Anybody from Melee or Brawl is okay.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano

Out of my favourites, I'd also say Wolf because although we know nothing about Star Fox Wii U, the only game in the series without the Star Wolf team excluding Adventures is the SNES original so I would be shocked if they aren't in Star Fox Wii U.

Considering all remaining characters rather than only favourites, I'd have to say Young Link is most likely, simply making a moveset based around Majora's Mask as it would be both relevant (Majora's Mask 3D) and that he would be more than just a Link/Toon Link clone.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

Of the veterans, I would also say Wolf; though I'd be a bit concerned about the voice work, heh...
Although, hypothetically, if staff had the time and patience; I'd say "Try the Ice Climbers again and if that fails, do so as one character than a duo.". I mean I personally don't mind their absence, Rosaluma does 2-in-1 better and Duck Hunt Duo does the retro aspect better; but I'm sure many fans would be ecstatic seeing them behind Mewtwo.

Mario Maker Levels

UGXwolf

Plateface wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I don't think I'm ever going on For Glory ever again...

And why is that?

Literally every single match people spam... What's so fun doing just 3 different inputs the whole match? It's just plain boring and waste of time.

Literally every Samus and Link.

As a Link player, I beg to differ

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Out of my favourites, I'd also say Wolf because although we know nothing about Star Fox Wii U, the only game in the series without the Star Wolf team excluding Adventures is the SNES original so I would be shocked if they aren't in Star Fox Wii U.

Considering all remaining characters rather than only favourites, I'd have to say Young Link is most likely, simply making a moveset based around Majora's Mask as it would be both relevant (Majora's Mask 3D) and that he would be more than just a Link/Toon Link clone.

I believe its already been confirmed that Wolf is appearing in the new Star Fox game.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64

Lucas would be awesome (heck, his move-set is already in the game thanks to Ness's customs), but I also kinda liked @DreamyViridi's idea of maybe trying one more time to get the Ice Climbers back (8-player smash with them would be utter chaos 0_0). Wolf would also be awesome. However, I doubt that they'd have been working on another character alongside Mewtwo this whole time.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Lucas would be awesome (heck, his move-set is already in the game thanks to Ness's customs), but I also kinda liked @DreamyViridi's idea of maybe trying one more time to get the Ice Climbers back (8-player smash with them would be utter chaos 0_0). Wolf would also be awesome. However, I doubt that they'd have been working on another character alongside Mewtwo this whole time.

Ness has Lucas' specials, but all of Lucas' smashes, aerials and tilts are still only his.

You might be right about there being no other characters, but its not impossible.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic