Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,061 to 21,080 of 27,917

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

People who play Smash Wii U online just spam or suck really hard. That's not an issue I've encountered with Smash 3DS.

I know right? There's alot less bad people on teh 3ds version and some reason I just feel so good at it.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Undead_terror

CapeSmash wrote:

So... I got a 3DSXL, and tried Smash 3DS for the first time in who knows how long.

And I've come to the conclusion:

I'm retiring playing Smash Wii U competitivelly, and from now on sticking with the 3DS version. Why? Well for one thing, I'm freaking boss at it (I'm waaaaaay better at it than Smash U). Second of all, it feels faster. And finally, the online is better. People who play Smash Wii U online just spam or suck really hard. That's not an issue I've encountered with Smash 3DS.

Ya it's nice to go back every now and then to each version, I played that version the other day with a few but had bad connection (guess it was the one guy who joined), there is a character I'm not all that great on the Wii U version but actually do very good with him on the 3DS version, now I wait for that update which should come out this week hopefully, also wonder if Mewtwo will be coming out on the 3DS first or are they both coming out at the same time...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Undead_terror wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

So... I got a 3DSXL, and tried Smash 3DS for the first time in who knows how long.

I'm retiring playing Smash Wii U competitivelly, and from now on sticking with the 3DS version. Why? Well for one thing, I'm freaking boss at it (I'm waaaaaay better at it than Smash U). Second of all, it feels faster. And finally, the online is better. People who play Smash Wii U online just spam or suck really hard. That's not an issue I've encountered with Smash 3DS.

Ya it's nice to go back every now and then to each version, I played that version the other day with a few but had bad connection (guess it was the one guy who joined), there is a character I'm not all that great on the Wii U version but actually do very good with him on the 3DS version, now I wait for that update which should come out this week hopefully, also wonder if Mewtwo will be coming out on the 3DS first or are they both coming out at the same time...

I'd expect Mewtwo to come out at the same time, especially as the only way you'll be able to get him at first is via a Club Nintendo email.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Only thing I need from Club Nintendo now:
Untitled

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

CapeSmash wrote:

And finally, the online is better. People who play Smash Wii U online just spam or suck really hard. That's not an issue I've encountered with Smash 3DS.

Oh God, don't even get me started on the spammers...wait, not that I think about it, I use Ludwig's up-B frequently...OH MY GOD, WHAT HAVE I BECOME!?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Undead_terror

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

I'd expect Mewtwo to come out at the same time, especially as the only way you'll be able to get him at first is via a Club Nintendo email.

The thing is that there is going to be 2 emails with 1 code for a version each, I'm not saying it's gonna happen but there is a small chance that they will release him first on the 3DS version, I got some stuff to back it up but that's just my thought, I just hope it won't take much longer.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Undead_terror wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

The thing is that there is going to be 2 emails with 1 code for a version each, I'm not saying it's gonna happen but there is a small chance that they will release him first on the 3DS version, I got some stuff to back it up but that's just my thought, I just hope it won't take much longer.

Where was it confirmed that's it's 2 emails? I though it would just be 1 email with both codes given that you can't get the codes without both versions of the game anyway.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Undead_terror

Check step C in the Mewtwo thing
"Once you register Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U by 3/31/15 with Club Nintendo, you will automatically be enrolled to receive the Mewtwo DLC download code via email.

Look for 2 emails, each containing a download code for each system from Club Nintendo in Spring 2015!"

Tsuchinoko

Undead_terror wrote:

Check step C in the Mewtwo thing
"Once you register Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U by 3/31/15 with Club Nintendo, you will automatically be enrolled to receive the Mewtwo DLC download code via email.

Look for 2 emails, each containing a download code for each system from Club Nintendo in Spring 2015!"

Before I really continue to pine for character DLC I want any further, Im hoping to have this first bit done. I've registered both games, and the CD should be coming soon, but I've heard some people started getting theirs already. I registered about a week before the deadline and checked before, maybe a day or two, that they were both on my code registration history and they were. Are the Cds being shipped in order of how early the games were registered?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CapeSmash

I just got two amiibo and a PDP GameCube controller that plugs into a Wii remote. I'll talk about them.

amiibo: I got Mario and Yoshi, and they look freaking amazing. Seriously, I didn't expect them to look this good in person! Now onto the amiibo training. I tried to teach my Mario how to spam down throw to up tilt, but he instead does down throw to down tilt to down smash... pretty weird. Anyone have tips on how to train an amiibo?

PDP GameCube Controller: It's feels extremely cheap, and the L/R buttons make VERY loud spring noises if you press on them really hard, then let go. I feel like this thing is going to break in a week! Due to the cheap quality of the controller, playing games like Mario Kart 8 feels really weird. Bottom line, It's basically a Wii Classic Controller in the shape of a GameCube controller. There's otner products out there that do this concept better (Mayflash GC Classic Controller adapter, Hori GC controller). So I don't recommend it. But despite what I said about it; I like it. I tested it with Smash Wii U and Project M, and it gets the job done pretty nicely. Just buy a Mayflash GC Classic Controller adapter or a Hori GC controller instead.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Undead_terror

So we get that Smash 3DS update tomorrow...I just hope it also gives us a patch to fix some bugs, share replays and use mii's online like it's "suppose" to happen...we will see I guess.

KO-Cub

Undead_terror wrote:

So we get that Smash 3DS update tomorrow...I just hope it also gives us a patch to fix some bugs, share replays and use mii's online like it's "suppose" to happen...we will see I guess.

Bug fixes yeah, but, I don't know any bugs that need fixing apart from the desyncing Pikmin. And No no nope about the Mii's being usable online. 140+ Power/50+ Defence Mii Fighter? Haha, hehehe...uhhh...

Edited on by KO-Cub

KO-Cub

If character balancing is going to be a thing in the next update, what would you want it to be?

TeeJay

I'm not sure why we are assuming there will be character balances. Nintendo only reported bug fixes and amiibo support.

Also! I stand by my stance that Miis can be perfectly usable online if you just disable equipment, give them their default moveset, and give us a choice of default mii faces to choose from. Sure, one can argue that it defeats the purpose of miis but it's certainly better than locking the character altogether.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Undead_terror

MetalK9 wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Bug fixes yeah, but, I don't know any bugs that need fixing apart from the desyncing Pikmin. And No no nope about the Mii's being usable online. 140+ Power/50+ Defence Mii Fighter? Haha, hehehe...uhhh...

They might not allow you to use equipment for online, I wouldn't mind seeing mii's online.

KO-Cub

Actually didn't see it that way. Make a smaller version of Mii I supposed for speed (Cause that would matter still, right?).

dkxcalibur

I'm okay with not getting Mewtwo yet. What I really want is the Miiverse stage.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Undead_terror

How much I want to play the 3DS version more online but for me the 3DS connection is not all that great...butt of course I will be trying out that update tomorrow and might start doing some other things in it.

Grumblevolcano

MetalK9 wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

And Diddy Kong ends up winning anyway

Grumblevolcano

veeflames

I would love to use my Bayonetta Gunner Mii online, but I guess Miis cannot be used because of their customizations.
Make sharing replays [and portions of replays as well] possible, and the game us complete.. for me, that is. Oh, and that Miiverse stage.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic