Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,961 to 20,980 of 27,917

DefHalan

justlink wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

I sense a very stupid idea coming this way...

The force is strong with this one...

Is the idea about Smash having to come to other consoles because Nintendo owns a monopoly over Smash type games?

EDIT: Never mind, I see it appeared while I was typing lol

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WiiUseeker2

DefHalan wrote:

justlink wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

The force is strong with this one...

Is the idea about Smash having to come to other consoles because Nintendo owns a monopoly over Smash type games?

no way, why would Nintendo ever let the evil monsters that are sony and microsoft get a hold of super smash bros!?

WiiUseeker2

LzWinky

Play nicely folks or I'll have to use my Final Smash

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Nope... wait.... you're wrong! It's actually a great idea! and trolls hate it!

WE CALL NINTENDO AND ADD BOO / MIDNA / SPLATOON SQUID GIRL TO SUPER SMASH BROS! lets talk about it!

BOO: reskinning/cloning/sharing some moves with kirby/jigglypuff method
King Boo could be added to super smash bros in a slightly easier way than just starting from scratch. This would be done by cloning kirby or jigglypuff and reskinning as king boo, and adding boo sounds, and modifying the moves and a few other things until we basically arrive at a complete king boo character.

Kirby/jigglypuff is just around the same shape and size as Boo, and the flying/jumping would fit very closely to the style of Boo's movement.
Nintendo takes kirby/jigglypuff, clones them, reskins them with Boo and then it gets a little interesting.

Boo could simply copy all of Kirby's attacks and moves or Nintendo could decide to be a little more creative.
one of the few things I believe would need to be changed are listed here:

Boo's kicks would simply look like small moving poofs of steam in the shape of kicks since Boo doesn't appear to have legs, or Boos kicks could be spinning low punches that drag along the ground, since boo's arms at at the sides and Boo isn't the tallest character so that may very well work!

Obviously Boo could simply walk by moving at "floating" walking speed or "floating" running speed same as any other character.
Boo could turn slightly see through yet still obviously visible as the block/shield or as a counter depending on how its done.

Boo would Shoot air out of his mouth like a knockback breeze opposite of Kirby's suck in ability Perhaps as a scream.

Boo could have a dash attack, speed punch types, some good evasion moves, and a lick attack.

Someone also suggested that for a Final Smash Boo could split into a bunch of Boos (i'm guessing a bunch of mini boo's) and utilizing them somehow(maybe similar to peach's guard summon move?)

What is amazing is that we are just random people and we already thought of this much, I'm sure, beyond confident that Nintendo would know what to do with the rest.

Midna: ?

Splatoon Squid girl: ?

thanks for locking that thread on me, because of other trolls ruining my thread! Smart moderators we have here. "HERE! post your thread inside a two thousand page long thread so it gets buried with every other comment!" great ideaaaaaaaaa

WiiUseeker2

NintendoFan64

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

WE CALL NINTENDO AND ADD BOO / MIDNA / SPLATOON SQUID GIRL TO SUPER SMASH BROS! lets talk about it!

King Boo could be added to super smash bros in a slightly easier way than just starting from scratch. This would be done by cloning kirby or jigglypuff and reskinning as king boo, and adding boo sounds, and modifying the moves and a few other things until we basically arrive at a complete king boo character.

Kirby/jigglypuff is just around the same shape and size as Boo, and the flying/jumping would fit very closely to the style of Boo's movement.
Nintendo takes kirby/jigglypuff, clones them, reskins them with Boo and then it gets a little interesting.

Boo could simply copy all of Kirby's attacks and moves or Nintendo could decide to be a little more creative.

Boo's kicks would simply look like small moving poofs of steam in the shape of kicks since Boo doesn't appear to have legs, or Boos kicks could be spinning low punches that drag along the ground, since boo's arms at at the sides and Boo isn't the tallest character so that may very well work!

Obviously Boo could simply walk by moving at "floating" walking speed or "floating" running speed same as any other character.
Boo could turn slightly see through yet still obviously visible as the block/shield or as a counter depending on how its done.

Boo would Shoot air out of his mouth like a knockback breeze opposite of Kirby's suck in ability Perhaps as a scream.

Boo could have a dash attack, speed punch types, some good evasion moves, and a lick attack.

Someone also suggested that for a Final Smash Boo could split into a bunch of Boos (i'm guessing a bunch of mini boo's) and utilizing them somehow(maybe similar to peach's guard summon move?)

What is amazing is that we are just random people and we already thought of this much, I'm sure, beyond confident that Nintendo would know what to do with the rest.

Okay...here's how realistic I find those characters getting in:
Boo: Not a chance
Midna: Well, I feel like this was her last chance at getting into Smash, so...yeah. Plus she's an assist trophy, and I'm guessing what you meant by calling Nintendo to get them into Smash is having them DLC for this game, so her being an assist trophy kinda killed that.
Inkling: Not really, no. But I think they have a good chance at getting into Smash 5.
I'm not trying to troll you, or anything. I'm just being realistic here.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

WiiUseeker2

NintendoFan64 wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Okay...here's how realistic I find those characters getting in:
Boo: Not a chance
Midna: Well, I feel like this was her last chance at getting into Smash, so...yeah. Plus she's an assist trophy, and I'm guessing what you meant by calling Nintendo to get them into Smash is having them DLC for this game, so her being an assist trophy kinda killed that.
Inkling: Not really, no. But I think they have a good chance at getting into Smash 5.
I'm not trying to troll you, or anything. I'm just being realistic here.

at least I got one honest comment. with honor warrior. with honor.

WiiUseeker2

Jazzer94

Boo is a second rate Mario enemy that has no place in Smash, Midna is an assist and Inkling could work but none will happen so get over it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

WiiUseeker2

Jazzer94 wrote:

Boo is a second rate Mario enemy that has no place in Smash, Midna is an assist and Inkling could work but none will happen so get over it.

"but none will happen so get over it"

DEFEATIST!!!!!!

WiiUseeker2

TeeJay

I will participate in this thread if I so choose, thank you very much.

That being said, I think Inkling is the only character with a chance, assuming the series is still relevant 6 or 7 years from now when the next Smash releases.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

Boo/Minda/Splatoon Girl

What do they add to Smash that isn't there currently? Boo doesn't seem like he would work as a key mechanic of boo is that he doesn't move when people look at him

Minda's reperentation is limited to 1 game (2 if you count Hyrule Warriors) as time goes on it would be weirder and weirder for her to stay. If they were going to add a New Zelda character then they would probably want to stick to the most recently released Zelda. Keeping her as an assist trophy works really well.

Splatoon Girl is a bit of a weird choice. I am really excited about Splatoon coming out but releasing DLC for that character would cause a lot of problems from fans. People would then expect new games/characters to get Smash DLC for cross-promotion. Also the mechanic of shooting ink would be difficult for Smash. Smash is a 2D game and limits characters movement making the ink mechanic either over powered or nerfed.

Overall there could be interesting mechanics but different characters would fit Smash better than these.

Jazzer94

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

REALIST!!!!!!

Fixed that for ya.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

WiiUseeker2

Jazzer94 wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DEFEATIST!!!!!!

Fixed that for ya.

I already said what I needed to. My work is done here.

WiiUseeker2

MrRedDaddy

is it safe to buy smash and go online yet???? will my system brick????

Letsa Go!

DefHalan

MrRedDaddy wrote:

Yes it is safe. No it will not brick your system.

Jazzer94

MrRedDaddy wrote:

I haven't had any problems and haven't heard issues recently so I'd say yes.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Joeynator3000

MrRedDaddy wrote:

...Wat? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GrizzlyArctos

MrRedDaddy wrote:

Pretty sure it is, yes. I don't play online too often, but I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever. You'll be fine.

Yes, I like bears.

mystman12

Okay okay okay... Let's pretend King Boo was a character who could actually have a good moveset. (In fact, why don't you describe to me what all of King Boo's specials would do!) Even if that were the case, there are still a ton of characters more relevant and more deserving to be in Smash. Just taking the Mario universe into account, Toad, Waluigi, Daisy, Pauline, Kamek, even Goomba and Koopa, are all more well known and more deserving to be in Smash. And that's just the Mario Universe, taking into account all of Nintendo's other IPs and all the countless other characters, King Boo would be pretty low on the list. Also, I'm a huge Waluigi fan, and I would be ecstatic if he was playable, but I'm not calling Nintendo or constantly telling people that Waluigi deserves to be in Smash, because frankly, I realize that he really doesn't deserve to be playable, since he doesn't even have his own games or anything to work with for his moveset. I just accept that he's not playable and move on.

Finally, you wouldn't be getting "trolled" if you would listen to people and make better arguments, and not just call everyone who disagrees with you a troll.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

TeeJay

I play online all the time and never have been banned for hundreds of years....yet

This is the 3DS version

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic