Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,601 to 20,620 of 27,917

veeflames

Undead_terror wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

So, as you may see in my signature, I want certain characters in Smash Bros.... and as you may also know, I am a daydreamer.. I imagine a lot. So I'm making a chart/list of the characters and their features e.g. attacks, smashes and even their taunts. I started on Chase McCain, but to my surprise, I completed Layton's chart. Thought of the flaws and what not of everything I wrote.
So.... who wants to see it?

You can make a decent looking mii Layton, Chase is lego property...Wonder Red could be a thing though.

Yeah... I have a Layton sword fighter. He's even wearing a costume similar to his real clothes. I want Layton sooo bad lol

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pkmns

MajinSoul wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MajinSoul wrote:

I decided to try out some online matches today, and boy it was terrible. Out of the 10 matches I did, 7 were really laggy, 1 was a slideshow, 1 was cancelled during the countdown due to connection problems and 1 was perfectly fine. Honestly, I'm really frustrated now and this post is solely for me to let some steam off. I instantly booted up Mario Kart 8 to check if something's wrong with my connection, but it was all fine. (Checked in League of Legends and Counter Strike Global Offensive aswell, it's all fine) This is really dissappointing, since I was really looking forward to battling other people. I'm bored of the offline mode already ...

The problem lies with the simple fact that Nintendo games are selling poorly in Europe. This fact means the vast majority of time you're playing against Americans which given the nature of fighting games guarantees a laggy match for Smash.

Yeah, that's what I feared aswell, since there was no "Global or Regional" option like in MK8. I tried to verify the location of my opponents, but when I klicked on their profiles it said that they haven't set up their Miiverse account yet.
Anyway, thanks for the reply/confirmation.

How about making a small "league" of European players on NLife?

Pkmns

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

YES! L-CANCELING IS KIND OF IN SMASH 4!

But instead of pressing L (or R) to cancel the landing lag, you have to hit the sweetspot of an aerial (like Falcon's knee and Falco's down air) near the bottom of your opponent. Thanks to this new tech, we can now do combos like this: Untitled

I rather see this as a pointless and useless tech. Can only be performed at the lowest of percentages and very risky when your target is the bottom hit box of the character that may give them enough time to block or have that incoming attack hit you because you decided to hit them clearly later after you get hit than before they hit you. Get it?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CapeSmash

MetalK9 wrote:

I rather see this as a pointless and useless tech. Can only be performed at the lowest of percentages and very risky when your target is the bottom hit box of the character that may give them enough time to block or have that incoming attack hit you because you decided to hit them clearly later after you get hit than before they hit you. Get it?

I wouldn't call it useless, but it does seem pretty situational. It might be useful for punishing, though. But yeah, this needs more testing before I can pass it off as completely "useless".

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

Just a few more hours until the Nintendo direct. Kinda excited!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I doubt the direct would mention anything about smash bros sadly lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

I bet 5 seconds and that's it.

Tsuchinoko

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Haha, I didn't mean anything direct with Smash, just in general I'm excited.

CapeSmash

@NintyMan No Sanic, Mega Man, or Mother music? No Chil Ver. 2? ;~;

At least Mario Paint Medley is there...

Smash Mains:

Tsuchinoko

Wow, none of the Mother songs made it in. The Magicant tracks were so good.

veeflames

AGH! Where's Metal Battle? Final Destination SSB4? I need those!

God first.

CapeSmash

No Final Destination Ver. 2? RIOT!

I don't care about the soundtrack anyway. I can listen to the music in the game via Sound Test, and listen to 30 minute extensions of all the music on YouTube. Plus, I can just download my favorites as .mp3 via a YouTube downloader addon. I'll just keep the soundtrack as a collectable and nothing more.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

veeflames

Looks like I'll have to go back to Youtube for my fav songs, like CapeSmash said.

God first.

KO-Cub

NintyMan wrote:

I wish Final Destination Ver. 2 was in the blue CD, but at least the Duck Hunt Medley is and Kappn's Song in the red CD. No Magicant/Eight Melodies or Mega Man is a missed opportunity, but it's still a great soundtrack overall. I'm going to play it in my car a lot!

Yeah, Kappn's song's second half is rather blood pumping. But no Megaman? Huh, I'm glad I didn't miss out on much.

Grumblevolcano

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I'll be surprised if Smash Bros isn't mentioned in the Direct as I don't see any Wii U games releasing in February or early/mid March (in EU as Kirby is February in NA) and I think Mewtwo/Tournaments/Miiverse stage will come sometime in March. Also if there's a Pokémon game announcement in the Direct, a Mewtwo trailer would be the perfect segway into that.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

So strange. Oh well, the Mother series is the only series, other than Pokemon from the anime, represented in Smash 4 that has vocal arrangement songs that have been licensed for karaoke in Japan. Pollyanna from Mother 1 and the Mother 3 Love Theme both have vocal songs that are available all across the country.

I haven't checked for Sonic songs, and there might be a few Metal Gear songs as well. Of course, nothing beats Final Fantasy vocal songs, which are plentiful in karaoke.

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I'll be surprised if Smash Bros isn't mentioned in the Direct as I don't see any Wii U games releasing in February or early/mid March (in EU as Kirby is February in NA) and I think Mewtwo/Tournaments/Miiverse stage will come sometime in March. Also if there's a Pokémon game announcement in the Direct, a Mewtwo trailer would be the perfect segway into that.

Mewtwo isn't coming until after march, since the deadline for the club Nintendo registration isn't until March 31

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

Nothing about Mewtwo or the Miiverse stage and tournament update.

Probably will be in next direct

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko Actually there's no reason to assume that, since Mewtwo is a digital good, and not a physical one, removing the need for inventory. This means they can afford to patch him in and give people codes before the deadline. That said, I'm still convinced it's coming in May alongside the MK8 DLC.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

Ugh. I'm tired fighting projectile spammers online. They can be tough and annoying at times.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic