Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,621 to 20,640 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Ugh. I'm tired fighting projectile spammers online. They can be tough and annoying at times.

Depending on who you play as, there are likely a number of ways to deal with these guys. Staying close to them is, of course, always a good idea, though.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

Wow 2015. A new Fire Emblem, a new Rhythm Tengoku, Majoras Mask, Smash DLC, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest, Xenoblade, and tons more.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KO-Cub

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Ugh. I'm tired fighting projectile spammers online. They can be tough and annoying at times.

They have a sort of rhythm. Just creep closer and go for a grab. Jumping can help, but they like to get you to do that and Down Smash when you land because you can't block or your air dodge ends when you land which gives you land lag after dodging. It's annoying. Even Up Smashes like Link's because it lasts pretty long.

Well, not a lot to do with Smash in the Direct. I mean it was there, but there isn't much you can say and show with Smash anymore apart from the tournaments they're thinking about doing. That'll be good. Nintendo doesn't really have anything else apart from Pokemon VGC to get a crowd going. Smash does have a good amount of fans, but with this, Smash will be mentioned more (Mostly in the competitive view) and possibly more people will start looking into Smash.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Wow 2015. A new Fire Emblem, a new Rhythm Tengoku, Majoras Mask, Smash DLC, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest, Xenoblade, and tons more.

Yeah...it's gonna be a good year.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko Wait... you're telling me you guys are getting not one... but TWO amazing rhythm games... and we're not getting either one, to the best of our knowledge. (We probably will, it'll just be a while.) That makes me kinda sad. I love Rhythm Games and wish there was more of a market for them in the US. But they've been reduced to Just Dance, the occasional project like Fantasia, and the occasional good localization. It really makes me sad to see a good genre completely ignored like that.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Wait... you're telling me you guys are getting not one... but TWO amazing rhythm games... and we're not getting either one, to the best of our knowledge. (We probably will, it'll just be a while.) That makes me kinda sad. I love Rhythm Games and wish there was more of a market for them in the US. But they've been reduced to Just Dance, the occasional project like Fantasia, and the occasional good localization. It really makes me sad to see a good genre completely ignored like that.

Well, they are localizing one of the Hatsune Miku games for the west this year, and all of the recent Rhythm Tengoku gamers have had western releases. The only one I see taking a while is DQ.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CapeSmash

I'm probably the only one out there that thinks this, but I like the 3DS menu music a lot more than the Wii U one. The instruments in the 3DS version sounds more powerful, while I think the Wii U version has more "boring" and flat instruments.

Also, is anyone else getting nostalgia from the 3DS version? It's probably because I haven't played it in a long time, but every time I see it, I always get reminded of the insane hype that happened before it was released outside of Japan. Seeing all the leaks, watching those live streams revealing the whole roster, the unbearable wait, and just watching videos of people playing it was a huge blast. And for that, I have a soft spot for the 3DS version (even though I don't really like it).

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

veeflames

CapeSmash wrote:

I'm probably the only one out there that thinks this, but I like the 3DS menu music a lot more than the Wii U one. The instruments in the 3DS version sounds more powerful, while I think the Wii U version has more "boring" and flat instruments.

I would have to disagree. The Smash Wii U main menu music sounds more bold than it's 3DS counterpart. It's kinda screaming "Get ready to play the FULL version of Smash 4!!" And it's the 3DS version that sounds bland and dull.
So I think you're the only one.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

CapeSmash

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

I would have to disagree. The Smash Wii U main menu music sounds more bold than it's 3DS counterpart. It's kinda screaming "Get ready to play the FULL version of Smash 4!!" And it's the 3DS version that sounds bland and dull.

Whenever I hear the menu music on the 3DS version for long periods of time, I never get sick of it. But whenever I hear the menu music on Wii U, I get sick of it extremely fast. It's just that there's something off about the instruments to me. Also, the skipping is pretty annoying whenever the game takes you back to one of the menus.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

veeflames

CapeSmash wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Whenever I hear the menu music on the 3DS version for long periods of time, I never get sick of it. But whenever I hear the menu music on Wii U, I get sick of it extremely fast. It's just that there's something off about the instruments to me. Also, the skipping is pretty annoying whenever the game takes you back to one of the menus.

I can remember the first time I heard the Smash Wii U menu music. I was blown away by that sense of epic-ness and boldness. It made me want the game ever more(I heard the song on YouTube). Then my opinion for the 3DS one went from Great to Good. And shall I mention the Wii U version has better music than the 3DS version?
But the two menu songs are basically the same, so I don't really mind. The Wii U version overall is arguably superior, anyways.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

KO-Cub

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

I agree with both. More leaning to the 3ds, but still. You both aren't wrong. Nor right.

Nintendo6400

UGXwolf wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Depending on who you play as, there are likely a number of ways to deal with these guys. Staying close to them is, of course, always a good idea, though.

With my friends toon, yes there is a pattern, however getting close to him is a challenge even with Mario and falco. People complain about Diddy kong, but I think his bomb spamming toon link is worse. Oh and if you get hit up close with a bomb, he can combo with a forward air.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Pootypie

Lol what's even worse is that my friend spams counter with his Shulk and it literally KOs me at 30% if he counters my knee... Seriously, counter are more powerful than what they should be!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Lol what's even worse is that my friend spams counter with his Shulk and it literally KOs me at 30% if he counters my knee... Seriously, counter are more powerful than what they should be!

Well, 30% is kinda over exaggerating, but yeah. Counter got a massive buff and what's worse is a lot of characters have it in Smash 4. I would like Roy to come back but now I'm not so sure. Give Roy, Marth, Ike and Lucario immunity to counters for basically inventing it. I dunno. At least Lucina could have had Vantage and get a damage bonus if it hits an opponent during their attack. Counter isn't special to Fire Emblem character anymore.

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

If he's spamming counters, lern2grab

No... I grab enough, he does AIR counters. I said knee, isn't that in air lol? Also K9 I'm serious about 30% lol.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DefHalan

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

No... I grab enough, he does AIR counters. I said knee, isn't that in air lol? Also K9 I'm serious about 30% lol.

And there is no way to do a air move against an opponent on the ground. Do fake outs then. Delay on some of your attacks. Mix it up so he isn't sure when to counter. Practice by just jumping at him without attack and see what he does. Also practice fast falling (holding down while in air) as you might be able to jump back up and attack him if/when he messes up.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Then i guess you can't call yourself the greatbrawler,if that's happening to you

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Ah. Only if my mains had Counter... Opponents can't counter grabs. Work grabs into your approach, and you're good, especially if the foe spams counter. Shulks tend to "vision" after they recover.The strength of a counter is positively correlated to the strength of the move countered, so watch your aerials and smashes.
P.S A lot of characters have Counters, it's annoying. Even... "indirect" counters such as Mario's cape or Pit's B-Down.

God first.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic