Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,581 to 18,600 of 27,917

CaviarMeths

SockoMario wrote:

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

NintendoFan64

Since nobody's uploaded the Pic of the Day yet.:
"Pic of the day. Here's another new stage!! The Mario Circuit stage is modeled after Mario Kart 8, so the course flips upside down."
Untitled
On the upside-down course, Shy Guys jump their karts upside-down too!! It's amazing how the course twists on this stage. Of course, the gravity for the fighters will always go downward.
Untitled
Also, since it doesn't look like any major spoilers for the game (other than hidden stages we already knew about) have been leaked online, I'm not gonna leave this thread. Unless some stages we didn't know about or hidden music tracks start popping up. Then I'm not going online PERIOD.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jariw

I read some random comments on Neogaf that the belief is that the review embargo for the Wii U would be lifted as late as November 19th. I didn't find any specific reasoning behind those guesses, or if it was inside info.

If that is indeed the day of the embargo lift, there must be some marketing reason for it (as usual). Perhaps they want to create as long queues to the stores as possible on the 21st, or they don't want the reviews to be published too far from Black Friday or the European release. Or something.

jariw

cookiex

jariw wrote:

I read some random comments on Neogaf that the belief is that the review embargo for the Wii U would be lifted as late as November 19th. I didn't find any specific reasoning behind those guesses, or if it was inside info.

If that is indeed the day of the embargo lift, there must be some marketing reason for it (as usual). Perhaps they want to create as long queues to the stores as possible on the 21st, or they don't want the reviews to be published too far from Black Friday or the European release. Or something.

Mario 3D World didn't have it's embargo lifted until Tuesday before release and I think they're pulling a similar strategy here. I can see Pokémon ORAS lifting it's embargo earlier like A Link Between Worlds did last year so one doesn't overshadow the other.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

jariw

cookiex wrote:

jariw wrote:

Mario 3D World didn't have it's embargo lifted until Tuesday before release and I think they're pulling a similar strategy here. I can see Pokémon ORAS lifting it's embargo earlier like A Link Between Worlds did last year so one doesn't overshadow the other.

Thanks for this info! Lifting the review embargo at different times for these two games sounds like a great approach.

It's not that the embargo prevents people from seeing footage of the game. I think reviewers can post gameplay footage all day long, if they want to. It's just certain areas of the game that they aren't allowed to discuss during the embargo (such as the online modes and the stage selection screen).

jariw

Grumblevolcano

Smash Wii U is now available to pre-purchase and pre-load from the eshop, file size is 17.2GB.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Smash Wii U is now available to pre-purchase and pre-load from the eshop, file size is 17.2GB.

Woah that's huge

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

cookiex

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Dayum.

I was going to get it on disc anyway but that's still big. Over eight times the 3DS version.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

cookiex

Starting now, Wii U owners can pre-purchase Super Smash Bros. for Wii U directly from the Nintendo eShop or by purchasing a download code for the game from participating retailers. At the time of pre-purchase, much of the game’s data will be pre-loaded to the purchaser’s Wii U system if it is in Standby mode. As soon as the game releases in the Nintendo eShop at midnight Eastern time on Nov. 21, the final data needed to unlock the full game will automatically download.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/12/you-can-now-pre-purchase...

cookiex

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP!!!!! I'm going to pre-load it... NOW!!!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

JAYSUS! That...that's big. Guess I won't be downloading it, seeing as how I don't even have that much space on my Wii U.

Inkling

SuperMalleo wrote:

I need a Wii U....

Yes you do

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

NintendoFan64

SuperMalleo wrote:

I need a Wii U....

I could give you some recommendations for games, if you'd like.

LzWinky

SuperMalleo wrote:

I need a Wii U....

Look for one next Friday!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

OH MY GOD... I'M SOOO STUPID...
So I was clicking download for the super smash bros, I didn't notice it was downloading, so I went back and click download but it said I did not have enough space (I was downloading it but I thought I was downloading it for the first time not second!) So then I deleted some apps that I don't use (like netflix and youtube... who uses them on wii u anyways?) But I also did delete mario bros u but I didn't use that game at all, but waste of money... then I was too nervous to delete my digital Mario Kart 8 and the game files I play on from physical copies... then I went to home menu and saw super smash bros u downloading... I almost fainted, but oh well at least I'm downloading it. From now on looks like I have to get physical.
Untitled

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Joeynator3000

NintyMan wrote:

I've noticed in the description of Larry's trophy that it calls him the leader of the Koopalings. I thought it was supposed to be Ludwig or Bower Jr., not Larry.

No clue, but I don't think Jr. is part of the Koopalings, since they have been around since SMB3. But yeah, kinda figured it would've been one of the big Koopalings like Roy or Ludwig. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

I've noticed in the description of Larry's trophy that it calls him the leader of the Koopalings. I thought it was supposed to be Ludwig or Bower Jr., not Larry.

...Really? I mean, that honestly comes as a shocker to me.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Joeynator3000

My location left out once again. T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic