Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,561 to 18,580 of 27,917

Crimzonlogic

Some more Smash 'meebos are announced for January and February(In Japan, at least) at the bottom:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/lineup/index.html

I want the King Dedede. He looks so jolly.
Maybe these ones shown are just prototypes, but the plastic supports on them aren't as gaudy as on the first few.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Pootypie

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Some more Smash 'meebos are announced for January and February(In Japan, at least) at the bottom:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/lineup/index.html

I want the King Dedede. He looks so jolly.
Maybe these ones shown are just prototypes, but the plastic supports on them aren't as gaudy as on the first few.

Why Captain Falcon... WHY?!?!?!?!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

So we basically know the next amiibos to be released now. There's a few there I'll probably be getting, but Mega Man is a must have.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

So we basically know the next amiibos to be released now. There's a few there I'll probably be getting, but Mega Man is a must have.

Besides the supporter for Captain Falcon... I think his amiibo looks beast. My body is ready for dat.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Besides the supporter for Captain Falcon... I think his amiibo looks beast. My body is ready for dat.

He looks like he's getting stabbed in his thigh, haha...

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MegaStoneSmash91

Nice, some more Temple coverage. It looks so good now, and 8 players clearly fit right at home here. Also, that HD Fierce Deity Link.

Oh, and this is knd of old news by now, but is anyone else glad there's four new player colors joing the classic red, blue, yellow, and green? I love that player 5 is orange. That particular Toon Link color looks great with it. I'm going to request to be P5 whenever I play 8-player Smash. The 8 player colors shall be known as the Smash Rainbow.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

That Hylian text apparently translates to "Smash Brothers".
Fierce Deity Link looks good in dem HD graphics!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

"Bloomberg: Nintendo says Smash Wii U has more pre-orders than MK8."

[strong]Advance orders for Super Smash Bros., being released by Nintendo Co. (7974) this month, are at a record and may lift sales of the struggling Wii U console during the holidays, Americas President Reggie Fils-Aime said.
Presales of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which reaches stores on Nov. 21, have surpassed Mario Kart 8, Fils-Aime, president and chief operating officer of Nintendo of America, said today in an interview at the New York headquarters of Bloomberg News.

“The launch of Mario Kart 8 has essentially doubled our Wii U sales year-on-year,” Fils-Aime said. “Presales for Smash are stronger than the presales for Kart. So our expectation is that the sell-through for Smash is going to be very strong, certainly on par with what we saw with Mario Kart 8. We think the impact on hardware will be similarly dramatic.”

Nintendo has sold more than 1.2 million copies of Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U since its release earlier this year, Fils-Aime said.[/strong]

Good sign, but I still don't think this game will sell 2 million lifetime.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

[strong]Advance orders for Super Smash Bros., being released by Nintendo Co. (7974) this month, are at a record and may lift sales of the struggling Wii U console during the holidays, Americas President Reggie Fils-Aime said.
Presales of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which reaches stores on Nov. 21, have surpassed Mario Kart 8, Fils-Aime, president and chief operating officer of Nintendo of America, said today in an interview at the New York headquarters of Bloomberg News.

“The launch of Mario Kart 8 has essentially doubled our Wii U sales year-on-year,” Fils-Aime said. “Presales for Smash are stronger than the presales for Kart. So our expectation is that the sell-through for Smash is going to be very strong, certainly on par with what we saw with Mario Kart 8. We think the impact on hardware will be similarly dramatic.”

Nintendo has sold more than 1.2 million copies of Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U since its release earlier this year, Fils-Aime said.[/strong]

The denial is strong in this one! Your pattern recognition is either faulty or you're intentionally ignoring things. We all know that Nintendo first party titles have legendary longevity. I don't think Mario Kart 8 is by any means near it's full lifetime sales, and neither is Smash Wii U. Plus, people forget that a lot of people will likely get the Wii U as a second console at some point in the future. Not to mention the increasing install base. I don't believe for a second that Smash Wii U won't smash right through your prediction. Especially considering the likely high number of people that got a Wii U specifically for Smash and the obvious point that is the fact that the 3DS Version just pales in comparison to the Wii U Version.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

May_Nyan

DreamyViridi wrote:

That Hylian text apparently translates to "Smash Brothers".

I got this:
スマシヲユ ブラザーズ
I guess that must be supposed to say smash bros.
but it seems like an odd way to spell it to me.
especially the ヲ since that's not used regularly.

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

jariw

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The denial is strong in this one! Your pattern recognition is either faulty or you're intentionally ignoring things. We all know that Nintendo first party titles have legendary longevity. I don't think Mario Kart 8 is by any means near it's full lifetime sales, and neither is Smash Wii U. Plus, people forget that a lot of people will likely get the Wii U as a second console at some point in the future. Not to mention the increasing install base. I don't believe for a second that Smash Wii U won't smash right through your prediction. Especially considering the likely high number of people that got a Wii U specifically for Smash and the obvious point that is the fact that the 3DS Version just pales in comparison to the Wii U Version.

Just pointing out that those 1.2M units for MK8 is the NoA territory. Worldwide, it was 3.49M at the end of October.

SockoMario and Reggie seem to disagree on many things, such as:

SockoMario wrote:

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan

Edited on by jariw

jariw

MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf wrote:

Must do an all-Yoshi match sometime. And match them to their colors as best I can.

That's just the kind of thing I like to do as well. Matching the player color with an appropriate costume is a must for me. Yoshi's colors almost come out perfectly except for the pink one. My solution? Stick pink Yoshi on P5 since all other colors are taken by their respective Yoshis. It's a decent compromise, and at least the pink one has yellowish-orange colored shoes.

Beep.
That is all.

cookiex

jariw wrote:

Worldwide, it was 3.49M at the end of October.

By the end of September, actually. By now it could be over 3.7 million.

And SockoMario, your stance is becoming more ludicrous by the day. The crow is waiting for you in the oven, freshly baked.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

KryptoniteKrunch

cookiex wrote:

jariw wrote:

Worldwide, it was 3.49M at the end of October.

By the end of September, actually. By now it could be over 3.7 million.

And SockoMario, your stance is becoming more ludicrous by the day. The crow is waiting for you in the oven, freshly baked.

lol I was just about to say something about dat crow.

But yeah, no way this game is "bombing". Smash Wii U will do great; sorry Nintendo doomsayers.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Azooooz

@sockomario You're going to eat as many hats as your predictions.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

CapeSmash

Untitled

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic