Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,601 to 18,620 of 27,917

martinskrtel37

so i was reading the official nintendo site and the smash bros site - if you go to the controllers section, it says first up "Wii U gamepad - If you are playing alone, you can play using only the Wii U GamePad screen." is this legit? if you're smashing on your own you can't use a gamecube controller or whatever you choose.. it has to be the gamepad? why would that be?

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry11.html

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

MasterWario

martinskrtel37 wrote:

so i was reading the official nintendo site and the smash bros site - if you go to the controllers section, it says first up "Wii U gamepad - If you are playing alone, you can play using only the Wii U GamePad screen." is this legit? if you're smashing on your own you can't use a gamecube controller or whatever you choose.. it has to be the gamepad? why would that be?

lol you're miss-reading. It means when playing solo you can use the gamepad as your screen and not the TV.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Arminillo

martinskrtel37 wrote:

It's saying you are ABLE to play only with GamePad — (Off Screen Play.)

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Storytime7

martinskrtel37 wrote:

They're referring to off-tv play on the gamepad's screen.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Crimzonlogic

martinskrtel37 wrote:

I expect what they mean is if we don't have other players we can just play on the gamepad screen without needing a TV on, like a bunch of other Wii U games. That would be messed up if player 1 was only able to use to the gamepad and nothing else.

Edit: Got ninja'd by three people! D:

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Azooooz

"Pic of the day. Long before the game release, we revealed new fighters with videos. The video quality of online streams is not always the best, though. Luckily, you can watch them as they were meant to be in Movies mode on the Wii U version."
Untitled

"You can even re-watch videos that play after you clear Classic mode and All-Star mode. This is a list of videos which are unlocked when you clear certain things. They tend to be short, but you'll get a lot of information if you play them all in one sitting."
Untitled

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

UGXwolf

A lot of information? That's an odd way to say it... Sakurai, are you telling me there are important things in these victory mini-videos, or was this just strangely worded?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

UGXwolf wrote:

A lot of information? That's an odd way to say it... Sakurai, are you telling me there are important things in these victory mini-videos, or was this just strangely worded?

Noah, I think it means if you play all of them at once, you can learn a lot from the clips...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

DoomTurtle

NintendoFan64 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I've noticed in the description of Larry's trophy that it calls him the leader of the Koopalings. I thought it was supposed to be Ludwig or Bower Jr., not Larry.

...Really? I mean, that honestly comes as a shocker to me.

In Super Mario Bros. 3, Ludwig was the final Koopaling in World 7 before Bowser in World 8. Then starting with Super Mario World, and continuing into New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. U, Larry has been the final Koopaling boss in World 7. So I guess Ludwig was downgraded, and Larry kept his promotion.

I always thought it was odd too that they moved Ludwig from his World 7 position, because I specifically remember seeing either in the SMB3 manual or perhaps it was a game guide or something, that Ludwig was the oldest (eluding to the reason why he was last). Then Super Mario World came along and moved him to an earlier world which is when I thought it was strange.

DoomTurtle

Uncle_Franklin

I thought Bowser was leader of the Koopalings.

Uncle_Franklin

Kyon

I need to make a Shrek Mii, I want to play as him in Smash.

Kyon, pls.

Nintendo Network ID: ShovelMight

DreamyViridi

DoomTurtle wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I've noticed in the description of Larry's trophy that it calls him the leader of the Koopalings. I thought it was supposed to be Ludwig or Bower Jr., not Larry.

...Really? I mean, that honestly comes as a shocker to me.

In Super Mario Bros. 3, Ludwig was the final Koopaling in World 7 before Bowser in World 8. Then starting with Super Mario World, and continuing into New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. U, Larry has been the final Koopaling boss in World 7. So I guess Ludwig was downgraded, and Larry kept his promotion.

I always thought it was odd too that they moved Ludwig from his World 7 position, because I specifically remember seeing either in the SMB3 manual or perhaps it was a game guide or something, that Ludwig was the oldest (eluding to the reason why he was last). Then Super Mario World came along and moved him to an earlier world which is when I thought it was strange.

Larry was the final Koopaling in Super Mario World only. Ludwig's the last one in every other game they're in. Just to clear that up.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AceDefective

NintyMan wrote:

According to Sakurai in Famitsu, Little Mac has the lowest win ratio in Smash Bros. 3DS online:

Cuz people be scrubs. Part of mastering a character is taking into account their weaknesses AND strengths, which is the same reason people think/thought (IDK people still do) Mega Man sucks.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

OneBagTravel

What's the preferred control setup? Analog stick? D-pad? Custom button layouts?

This will be the first time I'll be playing with a classic controller. I imagine I'll swap X or Y out for grab.

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Blast

I'm doing off-tv play! I seriously love that feature.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Captain_Toad

OneBagTravel wrote:

What's the preferred control setup? Analog stick? D-pad? Custom button layouts?

For which controller?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Captain_Toad

I'm use a gamecube controller whenever I get the adaptor but when I get stuck with eventually the Wiiu gamepad...I'll leave it as is. Though with my 3ds I'mma change the grab button from the L button to the y button since my L button is kaput.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

jariw

Blast wrote:

I'm doing off-tv play! I seriously love that feature.

For SSB U, there would be a considerable difference between off-TV and on-TV, specially on the larger stages. The TV displays SSB U at 1080p, while the Gamepad is 480p.

jariw

SparkOfSpirit

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

According to Sakurai in Famitsu, Little Mac has the lowest win ratio in Smash Bros. 3DS online:

Cuz people be scrubs. Part of mastering a character is taking into account their weaknesses AND strengths, which is the same reason people think/thought (IDK people still do) Mega Man sucks.

Yeah, Little Mac is not broken and neither is Mega Man useless. The balance in this game has been pretty good so far, though I do think some characters can use tweaks to make them more effective.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic