Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,621 to 17,640 of 27,917

skywake

Blast wrote:

Smash Wii U getting 3 million sales in one year requires overhype like Watch Dogs and Destiny.

Mario Kart is almost there already and this time of the year is the biggest in terms of sales. For 2014? 3mill might be a stretch. For the first year? You'd be an idiot not to bet that it'll go over 3mill. Particularly Nintendo games which tend to have legs.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

So in the Direct when they listed some of the music, I noticed that Destroyed Skyworld is in (not sure if it's a remix). Wonder which stage that will play on: Skyworld or Palutena's Temple? Common sense says the former, but who knows?

Also, while on the topic of Kid Icarus, THOSE CONVERSATIONS!!!! I was hoping they'd add that. Love that Viridi even made a remark about Peach taking a break from being kidnapped.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CapeSmash

"This game will be 3/10 AT BEST without Ridley. And how could I be calm? I've already spent like half an hour screaming into a pillow and I'm still pissed off, and I don't think it's ever going to cool off."

Someone said that the day the full roster was revealed. LOL. Oh Smashboards... you crack me up.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

R_Champ

SockoMario wrote:

"This game will be 3/10 AT BEST without Ridley. And how could I be calm? I've already spent like half an hour screaming into a pillow and I'm still pissed off, and I don't think it's ever going to cool off."

Someone said that the day the full roster was revealed. LOL. Oh Smashboards... you crack me up.

LOL, was this even serious? Because if it was this person needs to re-evaluate their life XD. A smile came to my face during the Direct when Ridley was 100% de-confirmed (GAWD, FINALLY; you got your crappy Bowser Jr. what more do you want?). All I could think of was all the obsessive trolls on Miiverse who'd be losing their cool just like the guy in your quote

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

PanicPuppet

Extremely bummed that Ridley isn't a true fighter.

He's been highly requested ever since his "tease" in Melee's opening movie, yet still gets put by the wayside. That's 2 strikes for new Metroid reps now.

I could care less about Mewtwo, but at least he's just DLC. I think he, Dr. Mario, and perhaps even the Ice Climbers should've been a 3-for-1 DLC pack or something.

PanicPuppet

IceClimbers

They basically made Ridley into a fighter, but he isn't a fighter. Seriously. He even has his own head icon on the results screen. Not to mention his deconfirmation also made the "too big" argument COMPLETELY invalid. He definitely has a shot for Smash 5

Joeynator3000

Squid wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Too bad Duck Hunt's trailer wasn't revealed. I think they could have managed to stuff it in there along with Bowser Jr.'s. It's weird now after Sakurai had teased it and yet nothing came out of that.

Well Sakurai never said the video in question would be shown off today. My guess is that Duck Hunt's wasn't quite ready yet so he showed us the PotD to a.) get us interested in the Direct, making us think it would be shown today and b.) show proof of it existing in the first place. I'm sure we'll see it in the next few weeks.

There's also a chance that the trailer shows off a feature that hasn't been announced yet for the Wii U version, that's my guess. lol
Zapper confirmed as new controller

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

iKhan

From a business perspective, Smash Bros 4 is the most brilliant idea ever. It's a game that, alone, is good enough to sell a huge load of consoles and accessories, in addition to the game itself, the other version, multiple Amiibos, all the virtual console games the masterpieces sell, and all the other games people are interested in from Smash 4. It's basically an advertisement that people pay 100 dollars for.

This could be the most lucrative game ever.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CapeSmash

Serious question: How wil we get to Mewtwo work in tournaments?

Like, okay. In tournaments you need a lot of TVs, and a lot of consoles (Wii U or 3DS). But in order to get Mewtwo, you need to connect the 2 consoles. That should be no big deal... but what if it's for a limited time? That means Mewtwo would cost money. Which means you have to pay money just to have Mewtwo on every console in the tournament. Or maybe you can do some sort of system transfer? I dunno, it seems like it's going to be a big hassle just to put Mewtwo on the roster in tournaments.

Smash Mains:

iKhan

Austroid wrote:

Extremely bummed that Ridley isn't a true fighter.

He's been highly requested ever since his "tease" in Melee's opening movie, yet still gets put by the wayside. That's 2 strikes for new Metroid reps now.

I could care less about Mewtwo, but at least he's just DLC. I think he, Dr. Mario, and perhaps even the Ice Climbers should've been a 3-for-1 DLC pack or something.

Why are you upset now? Why not back in April when Ridley was revealed as a boss. Or in September when the final roster was revealed.

You Ridley fans crack me up.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CapeSmash

IceClimbers wrote:

They basically made Ridley into a fighter, but he isn't a fighter. Seriously. He even has his own head icon on the results screen. Not to mention his deconfirmation also made the "too big" argument COMPLETELY invalid. He definitely has a shot for Smash 5

He is too big. (No I'm not joking.)

Smash Mains:

IceClimbers

SockoMario wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

His size as a stage boss isn't that big at all. Perfect for a fighter for Smash 5. His stage boss size crushes the too big argument.

CapeSmash

IceClimbers wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

His size as a stage boss isn't that big at all. Perfect for a fighter for Smash 5. His stage boss size crushes the too big argument.

Seriously? He's freaking HUGE on that stage! Imagine 4 Ridleys that size on Battlefield. Sorry, but he's too big.

Smash Mains:

vonboy89

I guessing they will do for dlc chars like they're doing for MK8. There'll probably be a required update whenever new dlc is released, so you will be able to play against people online who use the new chars, but you can't use them yourself until you buy them. I know it sounds dickish, but it'd be great advertizing to face off against chars you can't use yourself yet until you buy them.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

KO-Cub

IceClimbers wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Perfect for 5mash? What stopped him from being in this Sm4sh?
You can't say he's medium sized in the first Metroid game, cause Zero Mission is a remake and Ridley is bloody massive in that game. There go to big for Smash.
Prime 1 through 3 and Fusion is the same thing. To big for Smash.
Samus's suit is based off of Other M, which means Ridley would probably have the same model from Other M. He's massive in that too. standing at 2 Samus's height. I honestly would love Other M 2nd form Ridley (Not to big there) and Final Smash into a massive Ridley.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Grumblevolcano

vonboy89 wrote:

I guessing they will do for dlc chars like they're doing for MK8. There'll probably be a required update whenever new dlc is released, so you will be able to play against people online who use the new chars, but you can't use them yourself until you buy them. I know it sounds dickish, but it'd be great advertizing to face off against chars you can't use yourself yet until you buy them.

What I hope they don't do this time is how they showed the DLC for MK8 ingame like whenever you see the track select screen, icons of Yoshi Egg, Triforce, etc. are already shown up even several months before the DLC is actually available.

I really wonder how far they'll take the Masterpieces as its shown in chronological order of release date, they could potentially put N64, GCN or possibly even Wii U game demos. Imagine if there was a DKC Tropical Freeze demo showing off a few stages including Sawmill Thrill and a rocket barrel level!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

SockoMario wrote:

...in order to get Mewtwo, you need to connect the 2 consoles...

I thought you'd need to go on Club Nintendo to get the code if you own them both after putting the details in that you get from both versions or something.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

IceClimbers

MetalK9 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Perfect for 5mash? What stopped him from being in this Sm4sh?
You can't say he's medium sized in the first Metroid game, cause Zero Mission is a remake and Ridley is bloody massive in that game. There go to big for Smash.
Prime 1 through 3 and Fusion is the same thing. To big for Smash.
Samus's suit is based off of Other M, which means Ridley would probably have the same model from Other M. He's massive in that too. standing at 2 Samus's height. I honestly would love Other M 2nd form Ridley (Not to big there) and Final Smash into a massive Ridley.

3DS limitations. Ridley does use his Other M design, but he isn't much taller than Samus in Smash 4.

UGXwolf

Apparently you're blind, since Ridley looks abso-freakin-lutely huge on Pyrosphere. Seriously, I could see two Ridleys having trouble fitting on one stage, let alone eight! I will however say that theoretically, Ridley is a potential newcomer. It's just not likely because HE WORKS SO WELL AS A BOSS! I see no reason to make him a normal fighter.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic